Are Clowns Scary?

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Are Clowns Evil and/or Scary?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 08, 2004 6:26 am

Evil and Scary
12
44%
Evil
7
26%
Scary
8
30%
 
Total votes: 27

User avatar
Theamazingsquad
Regular Poster
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:36 am
Location: Ballymena, N. Ireland
Contact:

Are Clowns Scary?

Post by Theamazingsquad »

It's a simple question. Guys with white faces, crazy hair and red lips. Scary? You decide
http://theamazingsquad.comicgenesis.com

Studying Architecture. Going to go to Art school instead
Comic slowly returning from Haitus
Life is grand.

User avatar
Dalis
Regular Poster
Posts: 90
Joined: Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:50 pm
Contact:

Post by Dalis »

My uncle made me watch IT when I was very very VERY young.

It wasn't very nice of him.
-Dalis

Image

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

I was a clown with a bloody shirt and club in a haunted house a few years ago. Scared the crap out of anyone who came by. Nothing like chasing old ladies down the hallway while swinging a club and laughing maniacally. Those were the good ol' days...

User avatar
Beyonder_alpha
Regular Poster
Posts: 589
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2004 4:40 pm

Post by Beyonder_alpha »

Scary? neah..
Evil? Without a doubt..

User avatar
Alaina
Regular Poster
Posts: 511
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2004 4:37 pm
Location: Portland until California
Contact:

Re: Are Clowns Scary?

Post by Alaina »

theamazingsquad wrote:It's a simple question. Guys with white faces, crazy hair and red lips. Scary?
Hm...sounds like Dr. Frank from Rocky Horror. Yeah, I guess I find him kinda scary.

User avatar
Kris X
Forum Pocket Kitten
Posts: 2728
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: Forum Pocket.
Contact:

Post by Kris X »

So very skeery. Ever since I viewed IT.
Image
PK Comics meets Gaming genre.

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Kris X wrote:So very skeery. Ever since I viewed IT.
What she said.

But why am I always too early with things? I had a scary clown avatar weeks ago!
Should I reuse it?

User avatar
Col
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 5089
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2004 9:40 am
Location: Uncertainty
Contact:

Post by Col »

mcDuffies wrote:
Kris X wrote:So very skeery. Ever since I viewed IT.
What she said.

But why am I always too early with things? I had a scary clown avatar weeks ago!
Should I reuse it?
Make it an even scarier clown. No sense in completely repeating yourself.

User avatar
MariaAndMichelle
Cartoon Henchgirls
Posts: 3568
Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
Location: Together
Contact:

Post by MariaAndMichelle »

Maria doesn't really have a problem with them, but like many of the others in this thread, Michelle was forced to watch IT at a very young age at a friend's birthday party. No good can come of that. :-?
You're just jealous because you can't get away with speaking in the third person...

Image Image

User avatar
Zhan_Dvega
Regular Poster
Posts: 322
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2002 6:49 pm

Post by Zhan_Dvega »

Har... I didn't see IT until I was 18.. :E

Incidentally, it was a good movie... up until the end...

A FUCKING GIANT SPIDER :evil:
<a href="http://aiyaiyai.keenspace.com">Image</a>
Updates Sundaily

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Zhan_Dvega wrote:Har... I didn't see IT until I was 18.. :E

Incidentally, it was a good movie... up until the end...

A FUCKING GIANT SPIDER :evil:
I agree. So it's scary, horrors are supposed to be scary. But why scaring us for two hours, when it takes them nearly fifteen minutes to kill him at the end?

User avatar
Jim North
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 6659
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 10:55 pm
Location: The Omnipresent Here
Contact:

Post by Jim North »

Clowns? Evil and scary? Pfft. Whatever, man.

And I watched It shortly after it came out and all, myself . . . but only 'cause I wanted to watch it. Apparently I'm one of the few people who wasn't forced to watch it at a young age. ;)

The book's better, anyway. Even if the movie does have Harry Anderson.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

User avatar
Blahsville!
Regular Poster
Posts: 79
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:04 am
Location: Blahsville, USA
Contact:

Post by Blahsville! »

Not to mention Tim Curry.
Yeah, It. The Joker from Batman. Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
Clowns are horrifying. :o
Image

Tour Blahsville! Our sewer system is now Dolphin safe!

User avatar
[geoduck]
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1456
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2004 12:48 pm
Location: Pacific NW
Contact:

Post by [geoduck] »

I'm an old fogie, so It came along too late for me to see it while young. But yes, Tim Curry was easily the best thing in the piece. Although the child-actors did pretty well, better than the adult versions of themselves in many cases.

And I don't find clowns to be particularly evil or scary. Still, if you're looking for evil clown action, there the immortal flick Killer Klowns From Outer Space.
"gooey-duck". A clam. Not a snail.
Image

User avatar
Nyke
Cartoon Villain
Posts: 4704
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2003 6:02 am
Location: OT AND GD HAVE MERGED! *jumps out the window*
Contact:

Post by Nyke »

I've got Binzo the schitzophrenic clown in WrongWay, so evil.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Bozo was screwed up mann... fo' real.

User avatar
TheSuburbanLetdown
Destroyer of Property Value
Posts: 12714
Joined: Wed May 05, 2004 8:38 pm
Location: explod

Post by TheSuburbanLetdown »

Image

and on tuesday, the clown wept.
Image

User avatar
Komiyan
HOLD ON TO YOUR INTERNETS!!
Posts: 2725
Joined: Sun May 16, 2004 11:35 am
Location: Hrmph.
Contact:

Post by Komiyan »

PeppermintAfterlife wrote:Image

and on tuesday, the clown wept.
Hahahaha, clowns are so funny!
Image
Image

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Blahsville! wrote:Not to mention Tim Curry.
Yeah, It. The Joker from Batman. Killer Clowns From Outer Space.
Clowns are horrifying. :o
...Ronald mcDonald...

User avatar
Xmung
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1172
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 5:50 pm
Location: Sydney, Oz
Contact:

Post by Xmung »

anyone who thinks it's fun to make poodle sculptures out of balloons is way creepy in my books...
Magellan ... super hero cadets - their worst enemy is themselves!
Loxie and Zoot ... cos nudists have adventures too y'know!

Post Reply