costumed freaks

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

do you celebrate Halloween?

Yes, yes I do.
50%
I pass out candy, that's it
10%
nope. I don't.
27%
WTF! Don't you read Jack Chick!? You can't celebrate halloween! you'll die in a horrible candy related accident and burn in HELL!!!!!
13%

Total votes : 30

Postby CJBurgandy on Mon Sep 06, 2004 12:10 am

As far as the RHPS goes, I use to make a great Magenta... but then I choped off all my hair and bleached it. You can get a pretty big hair from midback length burgundy dyed hair. it was already frizzy from all the dye in it.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby JexKerome on Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:17 am

So now we just need a Dr. Frankenfurter and Riffraff. Any takers nyo?
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby Prettydragoon on Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:59 am

mcDuffies wrote:Finland vodka?

Finlandia vodka is the watered-down export version. The real stuff is called Koskenkorva.
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!
Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero

Postby BOMC on Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:56 am

JexKerome wrote:So now we just need a Dr. Frankenfurter and Riffraff. Any takers nyo?

don't forget rocky! Please don't forget rocky!!!
-Grace (BOMC)
BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Mon Sep 06, 2004 10:55 am

And Brad. Don't forget Brad.

Anyway, I could be just about any of the male characters from RH . . . except Rocky, perhaps. I'm a pretty good voice mimic, so I can peg Frank's and Raff's voices quite nicely.
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby JexKerome on Tue Sep 07, 2004 4:25 am

Jim North wrote:And Brad. Don't forget Brad.

Anyway, I could be just about any of the male characters from RH . . . except Rocky, perhaps. I'm a pretty good voice mimic, so I can peg Frank's and Raff's voices quite nicely.

Your face, however, screams Frank.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby JPSloan on Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:36 am

Dutch! wrote:Nah...we don't need Halloween down here. Most think it's just another stupid American tradition that's infiltrating the entire world and McDonaldising us all...

I just think it's a waste of time when our historical traditions have never had anything to do with goblins and ghoulies and so forth...but if there was a night where we could dress up as bunyips and yowies and drop-bears...well... :)

Besides, we have enough holidays throughout the year anyway. Australians have the most public holidays of any nation in the world.

Take that, everyone else!

For some of us, Dutch, it's more than simple commercialization.

It also is the third and final "harvest" sabbat... the harvesting of livestock prior to the coming winter. It's a time when those who were once close to the Earth observed the passing of life into death, as mirrored in nature by the passing of fall into winter.

It is a time to meditate on the differences between life and death, the thinning of the Veil so pronounced at that time of year, where the ground itself feels electrified and the newly-crisp air (northern hemisphere, I know) holds the portent of a coming doom and of an implied promise of life beyond.

It is a time when we remember our recently deceased, we contact our relatives on the other side, and when we explore past lives, and band together to toast the passing of our days. We embrace death as a part of life, and remind each other that we are mortal, thus, life is that much sweeter.

It is one of the highest Sabbats on the neo-pagan calendar, and I don't quote any history here. That's how we currently observe it (at least in my circle), and it's a sublime holiday for us.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:53 am

JexKerome wrote:
Jim North wrote:I'm a pretty good voice mimic, so I can peg Frank's and Raff's voices quite nicely.

How'dya do? I . . . see you've met my . . . faithful . . . handyman!
He's just a . . . little brought down, because . . . when you knocked . . . he thought you were the . . . candyman . . .
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby BOMC on Tue Sep 07, 2004 10:56 am

Jim North wrote:
JexKerome wrote:
Jim North wrote:I'm a pretty good voice mimic, so I can peg Frank's and Raff's voices quite nicely.

He's just a . . . little brought down, because . . . when you knocked . . . he thought you were the . . . candyman . . .

best line: i see you shiver with antici...... pation.
-Grace (BOMC)
BOMC
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:34 am

Dutch! wrote:Nah...we don't need Halloween down here. Most think it's just another stupid American tradition that's infiltrating the entire world and McDonaldising us all...

I just think it's a waste of time when our historical traditions have never had anything to do with goblins and ghoulies and so forth...but if there was a night where we could dress up as bunyips and yowies and drop-bears...well... :)

Besides, we have enough holidays throughout the year anyway. Australians have the most public holidays of any nation in the world.

Nah... we don't need Christmas down here. Most think it's another stupid commercialized grab-fest for kids and companies alike. Who needs another barbie doll. All of the festivities are based on pagan traditions anyway.

I just think it's a waste of time when our historical traditions have never had anything to do with fat elves delivering gifts through chimneys to kids. But if there was a night where we could dress up as elves and have naked elf sex... well... :)

Besides, we have enough holidays throughout the year anyway. Austrailians have the most public holidays of any nation in the world.

Kind of sounds pathetic when you're talking about Christianity. Why less so talking about Paganism?
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby JexKerome on Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:59 am

BOMC wrote:
Jim North wrote:
JexKerome wrote:

best line: i see you shiver with antici...... pation.

Actually, I prefer "Makes me want to take Charles Atlas by the... hand".

Friend of mine spit out his soda first time he saw it.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby CJBurgandy on Wed Sep 08, 2004 4:55 pm

first time I saw it I was with my dad... had we had a corset in the house, he would have been wearing it. He was doing all the partisipation to it and making mom wonder what all he did when they lived in San Fran.

Classic Daugher-Daddy moment
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News
CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Postby JPSloan on Thu Sep 09, 2004 10:47 am

Jim North wrote:
JPSloan wrote:Um... uh...
It might help if I had a goal. About what does gas cost to and from Yourparts, Alabama?
We also have a fold-out futon which is arguably more comfortable than a bed.

Ah, I dunno. Wouldn't really worry about it, anyway. It's a nice idea, really, but the possibility it's going to ever happen, even with a collection of money, is pretty remote. We're just not fated for travel, I think. :-?

Ah well... worth a shot.

But here's an indication at the extent we're preparing for this year's party...

...Saturday I'm going to the guy's house to help him pour concrete.

For the party.

He's adding on to his back patio.

For the party.

:o
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Postby Jim North on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:31 am

Now you're just torturing me! How'd you know how much I love concrete?! ;)
Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Postby JPSloan on Thu Sep 09, 2004 11:44 am

*resists making a jackhammer joke*
JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Previous

Return to Off Topic