costumed freaks

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

do you celebrate Halloween?

Yes, yes I do.
50%
I pass out candy, that's it
10%
nope. I don't.
27%
WTF! Don't you read Jack Chick!? You can't celebrate halloween! you'll die in a horrible candy related accident and burn in HELL!!!!!
13%

Total votes: 30

Ruxen
Regular Poster

Post by Ruxen »

I sit at home and eat the candy I'm supposed to be passing out. Then the next day I go to school and trade leftover candy with my friends. That's about as close to halloween as I'll be, I'm not a dressing up kind of person...not since my Science teacher dressed up in a skin tight witch suit and dragged around a dead stuffed cat on wheels...*shudder*

Phact0rri
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Post by Phact0rri »

I never really get to "dress up" in those good elaberate costumes, that people seem to make and I know it'd be fun constucting one. seems every year either I'm playing a show, or there's a good band playing a show on halloween, so I side step the parties and go dance to some music.
<KittyKatBlack> You look deranged. But I mean that in the nicest way possible. ^_^;

Jim North
Cartoon Hero

Post by Jim North »

JPSloan wrote:If you could stand the drive down to Baton Rouge, I'd invite you and Kat down to our party. It'll be hell on wheels!!!
Hey, we'd certainly love to, man! But considering our general financial situation, there's no telling if we'd be able to make it, of course. :-?
Existence is a series of catastrophes through which everything barely but continually survives.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warren »

Sell plasma!
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrownEyedCat »

My Birthday is October the 28th. The giving of presents to me around this time, the number of costume parties I had as a kid, the costumes themselves, the candy - Halloween is the best holiday EVER!

I've been the same black cat for the last few years now, because . . . well . . . it suits me. But I upgrade and add pieces to the costume everytime, too. I finally got my hands on some knee-high black boots this year! But costumes are so damn fun, I might just have to do something different this time.

Ah, the possibilities . . . If only I wasn't too damn lazy to make my own . . .

Previously Catrine until my account crashed.

BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrownEyedCat »

Warren wrote:Sell plasma!
I actually had someone suggest this to me as a means of getting anime money. In person. And they were serious.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warren »

BrownEyedCat wrote:
I actually had someone suggest this to me as a means of getting anime money. In person. And they were serious.
I've had several roommates sell it. Only one went into convulsions when they put the red cells back in, too!
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

BrownEyedCat
Cartoon Hero

Post by BrownEyedCat »

Warren wrote:
BrownEyedCat wrote:
I've had several roommates sell it. Only one went into convulsions when they put the red cells back in, too!
Well when you put it that way, it doesn't seem creepy at all anymore!

I chose the more common route of getting an actual job as soon as I entered college.

Fadedflame
Regular Poster

Post by Fadedflame »

BrownEyedCat wrote:
*cries* I would but I don't weight enough.

I love halloween, this will be my third one since I've moved and I doubt, once again, that I'll be doing anything, I still haven't figured out whether or not I'm working that day *checks* Sweet I do. I can wear a costume to work..now I just to find/make one..

~Faded
I don't live to die, I taunt death because it is the only way to live.

LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

I love costumes with an unholy passion, but as for pagan festivals in old Blighty, uh...
mcDuffies wrote:It's not celebrated in Serbia, meh.
Same.

Fullcircle
Regular Poster

Post by Fullcircle »

Where have all the trick-or treaters gone? Long time passing. :cry:

Halloween is my all time favorite holiday (and our anniversary! :D). I'm thinking of being Sadako this year, as a cheap and easy but disturbing costume but I'd really like to go more elaborate. The sad thing is, KW and I are homebodies and not party-goers at *all* and there's little to no trick or treaters anymore. It's been trickling off slowly, and it's a severe downer. And the few trick or treaters we get aren't even creative anymore. All policemen, firemen, witches and angels. Well... one of each anyway. Le sigh.

This year we're going to look into one or two of the local haunted houses and do that instead. I wish I had time to make a real elaborate costume this year. I made a barn owl costume with wings and everything one year, but I've already got too much on my plate to be that creative and dedicated this time. Bleh.

~SR
As authors it is our duty to create lovable enticing characters, and do horrible evil things to them.
I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public.

In search of an appropriate tagline.
Updates and Community Live Journal
Tips for Character Development

Tim
Cartoon Hero

Post by Tim »

There were a couple years where someone in my family put on some ragged clothes and some hideous rubber mask we had and sat outside with the candy bowl like a scarecrow. Then he'd move when the kids approached for the candy and they'd freak out. Priceless.

The neighborhood also started a block party last year...that turned out to be a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll do it again.

As for dressing up, I haven't really had a chance to do anything elaborate. My costumes the last few years (if I wore one) have been thrown together. Plus, it's not like I've got anywhere to go to show off said costume...

Speaking of cosplay, we ought to start thinking about organizing that Keenspace cosplay fanart exchange thingy...
Alternate Delusions - Symbiotically Enhanced for Your Pleasure
A member of Comic Ostrich
I made a game. Download now!

Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero

Post by Prettydragoon »

LAGtheNoggin wrote:I love costumes with an unholy passion, but as for pagan festivals in old Blighty, uh...
Same.
Not here either. *sniffle* Oh well, I'll just go eat some pickled herring. Mmm...
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!

JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Post by JPSloan »

BrownEyedCat wrote:My Birthday is October the 28th.
Mine's on the 24th.
Ancient relic of a by-gone era.

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

prettydragoon wrote:
LAGtheNoggin wrote:I love costumes with an unholy passion, but as for pagan festivals in old Blighty, uh...
Same.
Not here either. *sniffle* Oh well, I'll just go eat some pickled herring. Mmm...
Still you have Valpurgy's nights, right?

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

JPSloan wrote:
Mine's on the 24th.
So's mine, at 10:25pm.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Post by JPSloan »

rkolter wrote:
JPSloan wrote:
Mine's on the 24th.
So's mine, at 10:25pm.
7:17am.

JPSloan
Cartoon Hero

Post by JPSloan »

Jim North wrote:
JPSloan wrote:If you could stand the drive down to Baton Rouge, I'd invite you and Kat down to our party. It'll be hell on wheels!!!
Hey, we'd certainly love to, man! But considering our general financial situation, there's no telling if we'd be able to make it, of course. :-?
Maybe we'll take up a collection.

:)

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warren »

It'll be just like church, except for the snack crackers.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Post by CJBurgandy »

for the pure enjoyment of the earlier pumpkin talk from earlier, here is an artical about this year's pumpkin winner at the Alaskan state fair:
http://adn.com/front/story/5498196p-5436351c.html
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News