How Offten do you read my comics?

Welcome to Alaska, leave your stereotypes at the door and read the "breast" comic around!

Do you read Burgundy Comics or Shades of Burgundy Offten

no, I just stumbled upon it today and I'm doing this poll for kicks
11%
I only read it because I'm a character, and you make me read it
No votes
I read it sometimes, not often though.
7%
I read it one comic, but not the other
7%
I read it once a week
7%
I read it on update days
32%
I read it everyday, just to see if you've made special updates
23%
I'm so obbessed with your comics, I am infact stalking you.
14%

Total votes: 44

CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Post by CJBurgandy »

well the heels on my boots aren't actually spiked, their platformed.

I like the armor idea... but then again, I'm a weirdo
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

RantinAn
Cartoon Hero

Post by RantinAn »

Im at work, so somebody tell me WTF WAFF is

SpasticSage
Regular Poster
Location: Teetering on the knife's edge between wisdom and lunacy.

Post by SpasticSage »

RantinAn wrote:Im at work, so somebody tell me WTF WAFF is
When I Googled it, the best I got was "Warm And Fuzzy Feeling", especially in reference to fanfics....

Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero

Time wounds all heels, or in this case Delta Air Lines

Post by Prettydragoon »

Honor wrote:Thigh-highs with armour...? Not for me thanks. Feets is important. I only wear mundane steel-toe boots with my armour. ;-)
I think mine are actually meant for rapier fighters. I bought them at Pennsic a couple of years ago. The airline had helpfully munged my armour bag, and one of the minor effects was ripping the heels off my combat boots.
Honor wrote:It took me a longish time to find out what WAFF is... I'm feeling like an extra strength pervert now...
I once saw in somebody's .sig: "I'm not a pervert, I'm a SUPER PERVERT!" Words to live by. Gives you that Warm And Fuzzy Feeling.
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!

Honor
Cartoon Hero

Post by Honor »

Oh, yeah... I'd wear thigh-highs for fencing. I was talking hardsuit.

I think I'm going to get back into fencing for a while, actually... I miss the field, but I'm not sure I wanna go back to war fighting and halbard just yet. Besides... I wanna wear a lot more of the questionably period kinda stuff like the gypsy queen wears in Van Helsing... ;-)
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Blogging and ranting at: The Devil's Advocate... See also...

The semi-developed country... http://www.honormacdonald.com

Warning: Xenophile.

RantinAn
Cartoon Hero

Post by RantinAn »

Ironic that.

I discovered wednesday playing neve rwinter knights that even a charasmic 6 half orc can get wolf whistles if she's wearing chainmail and carying a halvard...

somehoew i WOU have guesed you for hte munty axe on a stick type too.

Prettydragoon
Cartoon Hero

Post by Prettydragoon »

Honor wrote:Oh, yeah... I'd wear thigh-highs for fencing. I was talking hardsuit.
Yep, that's what I do. Heavy combat in thigh-highs. :P
Honor wrote:I think I'm going to get back into fencing for a while, actually... I miss the field, but I'm not sure I wanna go back to war fighting and halbard just yet.
Mmm... halberd. "Axe on a stick"; I like that, RantinAn.
This webcomic, seen here is hosted on the free web host Comic Genesis which pretty much proves its not popular.
Oh noes! Read all about the tormented artist I am!

RantinAn
Cartoon Hero

Post by RantinAn »

well isinit it just?
the sad thing is i now have a caracture medievil character in a bad yourkshire accient going "give me abti o da ole axe onna stick" in my head

stupid brain.

Honor
Cartoon Hero

Post by Honor »

*grins*

Hey... Better'n Rat ona sick wi' mouseturd.
"We cross our bridges when we come to them and burn them behind us, with nothing to show for our progress except a memory of the smell of smoke, and a presumption that once our eyes watered...."

Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Post by Irish Witch »

Honor wrote:Yeah... Essentially all my heels are boots... I usually call 'em bitch boots, but I like World Domination Boots better, and intend to steal it. :-)
These boots were made for walkin, and they'll walk all over you!!!
*Sings to the music*

I love 'Jukebox Saturday Night'

Nithos
Regular Poster

Post by Nithos »

Sorry if this is a bit of a wandering from the topic, but with all these boot-clad (shod?) people about, it seemed the place to ask...

Anyone know a good way to REALLY break in boots without damaging them? The Army has decided that it no longer needs to make boots in my size, so I've got new boots that are far too tight, andt I'm doing my best to form to my feet without doing any permanent damage to the boots, or my feet. I've been getting them soaking wet and wearing them while they dry, which worked great on my old boots, but those were the right size to begin with...

Yeah, ok, I admit it. The question was just a thin excuse so I could bitch about the Army, even if I am only in the reserves.

(heh heh... these are literal World Domination Boots, there are pairs of these all over the world, with BDUs just above them :D )

CJBurgandy
Eat at Crazy CJs! Home of the mad burger

Post by CJBurgandy »

Why in the world would you want to join the army to begin with. I have a very good friend in the Army, despite me telling him of my psychic visions of What ever president we elected would start a war. (true story, I had this dream in May of 2000 before Bush was Elected) and that I really didn't want him to be in the Army... since then he's purposed to me a number of times and I keep saying no. Poor guy, all he wants is the raise and off base living rights that come with marriage.
CLICK HERE FOR HOT SEXY NUDES

"When Papa Smurf drank here, he was standoffish, Turk said. He favored vodka and didn't share his liquor." ~ Anchorage Daily News

Nithos
Regular Poster

Post by Nithos »

Eh, between being in the reserves, being in an Army band, and being in a training unit that's not overseas deployable, it's a pretty good deal. I get paid to play my instruments, something that is virtually impossible to do outside the military unless you're one of the top 1% of musicians out there. I'm good, but no where NEAR that good. For only a couple days of work a month, the college benefits are great. The biggest downside is that it's harder to find a job when employers think you're going to be deployed (especially in Oregon/Washington, which have two of the highest per capita reserve/national guard deployment rates). That's mostly offset by access to tax free alcohol and cigerettes, though :wink:

The worst that could happen to me would be our unit being mobilized to take over for a unit that was deployed, or being mobilized to a temporary post where our unit would train extra recruits if there were a draft, in which case my job would just be to play music at all of the change of command and graduation ceremonies, except I'd be working full time, a step up from where I am right now.

[edit]
Oh, and that's not unheard of, there are more than a couple of sham marriages in the military just for the extra pay and benefits. One more reason I think marriage shouldn't be recognized by the government at all, it should just be a matter for the churches, etc. The most the government should be involved in it is enforcing any contracts people sign as part of their marriage (and then there'd be no idiotic "debate" over the definition of marriage. Any people that can legaly enter a contract can be married in the eyes of the law. I can't wait to vote in a new Commander 'n Chief, only person in my chain of command I can vote on).

Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Post by Irish Witch »

REgarding the boots though I have to ask...
Are the Leather?
If they really are leather and not synthetic wannadies then get yourself some QV moisturizer or any other moisturizer said to repair dry or cracked skin. Leather is simply cow skin so if you rub some of that stuff into the hide before putting them on then it will soften the leather up just enough to make it stretch. Dow it over a few week - when they fit comfortably: Stop!

Don't overdoo it or you might weaken the cobblery!

And make sure you don't use something that will cause a rash or whatever.

Bo Lindbergh
Regular Poster

Post by Bo Lindbergh »

From the Stupid Coincidences Department: Kinky Boots (1.4 MB. Caution: silly lyrics.) performed by <b>Honor</b> Blackman and Patrick NacNee. :P

Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Post by Irish Witch »

I wanna change my vote. I read it every day just to see if I can annoy the hell out of people!!!

And to see about the pictures I sent you!!

Honor
Cartoon Hero

Post by Honor »

Bo Lindbergh wrote:From the Stupid Coincidences Department: Kinky Boots (1.4 MB. Caution: silly lyrics.) performed by <b>Honor</b> Blackman and Patrick NacNee. :P
You can probably imagine how many times I've had that song brought to my attention... And I appreciate it every time :-) Thank you.

It's also (though I'm not sure why) something of a validation in most people's minds when they say "that's an odd name." and I can say "Honor Blackmun was a Bond Girl." (Pussy Galore...! Only an English author would name someone that... First series of books I read completely.)

And about those boots, Nithos... make sure you put the cream or whatever on the inside (so you don't have to stip the hell out of 'em to make it sink in) and then squish and twist and wring them a lot... it's kung fu (chinese for "hard work") but it makes 'em nice and supple in the end.

Edit: I just remembered... There's actually a product... Like a cobbler's shoe form... that you put into a shoe or boot and it stretches it in any needed dimension... (looks for a link)

Hmm... Bit expensive... But could be worth it, if you're a lifer and don't like Cochoran's. http://www.heelingtouch.com/?page=shop/ ... 4690e8cd5f
Last edited by Honor on Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irish Witch
Regular Poster

Post by Irish Witch »

I mentioned the cream in the boots too...
That was ages ago though!!!

back here:
Posted: 13 Aug, 2004 3:12 pm Post subject:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REgarding the boots though I have to ask...
Are the Leather?
If they really are leather and not synthetic wannadies then get yourself some QV moisturizer or any other moisturizer said to repair dry or cracked skin. Leather is simply cow skin so if you rub some of that stuff into the hide before putting them on then it will soften the leather up just enough to make it stretch. Dow it over a few week - when they fit comfortably: Stop!

Don't overdoo it or you might weaken the cobblery!

And make sure you don't use something that will cause a rash or whatever

Honor
Cartoon Hero

Post by Honor »

Irish Witch wrote:I mentioned the cream in the boots too...
That was ages ago though!!!
Umm..... Yes. That would be the cream I was referring to when I mentioned he should put the cream on the inside of the boots and not the outside. :-)

Infinity-Iz-Blue
Cartoon Hero

Post by Infinity-Iz-Blue »

I got a pair of ex-service boots at the Bulldog Bash (biggest biker event in europe, and comparable to some of the big'uns in the states), and my feet just slipped into them! First pair I came to Schliop, perfect fit! (smug bastard)
Last edited by Infinity-Iz-Blue on Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"OH, I'VE SEEN THE INFINITE, IT'S NOTHING SPECIAL."
"Don't be daft! you can't see the infinite, it's... infinite!"
"I HAVE."
"Ok then, what did it look like?"
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black."
"IT'S BLUE."
"It's black!"
"FROM THE OUTSIDE IT'S BLUE..."
Terry Pratchett, 'Soul Music'