There aren't enough bullets in the world...

Bushipunk
Regular Poster

There aren't enough bullets in the world...

Post by Bushipunk »

Okay, so, Jack shooting Thera didn't kill her. Oh, well, plan B: We shoot her! I'm sure that will work...

I wouldn't want to be one of those ghouls right now.

The art continues to be excellent for this storyline, and I would have to say getting Strange Daze five days a week is about the best thing going on in my life right now. Go, Matt!

Sammy Herb's still missing in action. What could he be up to?
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

I really hope that grows back soon.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Post by Guildenstern »

Hey, this is the first time we've seen her teeth.

Heh. It'd be amusing if she started biting them... A god of the dead eating eaters of the dead.
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

Well considering how torn up she is the she might look pretty tasty to the ghouls right now, if they weren' worried about what she's about to do to them.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

I'm wondering how much functionality she has lost due to the missing tissue. Possibly nothing, but I'm guessing it doesn't quite work that way. I'm also wondering why she didn't try to dodge some of the bullets, or at least be already ripping through them while they were shooting. She certainly does look messed up though.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long

Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

Post by Quantum Alchemist »

Ah-ha.

So the ghouls had a plan after all.

Force her to draw a whole mess of incarnate-power energy into herself... and then have Jack eat her.

...a kataract-sune infused with the power of the Incarnate of Death...

If they weren't servants of Azathoth, I'd have to ask 'ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE'?

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

Oh. Shit.

this can't end well.

damn clever ghouls, but at least we know Maria is still hanging in there.

Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Post by Bushipunk »

orion wrote:Oh. Shit.

this can't end well.

damn clever ghouls, but at least we know Maria is still hanging in there.
And Hook! Sure, he just wants to run away, but at least he's not dea... Er... Eaten.

Speaking of eating, when Jack chows down on someone's magical energy/life force, does he necessarily take all of it? I'm just wondering if this is necessarily a "someone stops him now or Thera bites it" situation. She's hardly an ordinary person, and I'm broadening that class to include invisible elves and the like who we already know Jack can drain like shot glasses.

I guess it's up to Maria to do something now, though, either way.
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

Actually, no. It's now up to the Gray installation to go BOOM. 8) You did notice the end of the countdown didn't you? :)
Good Jack question Bushipunk.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

Damn, it didn't occur to me that that was the countdown finishing up. Quite the timing eh. :)

Mirober
Regular Poster

Post by Mirober »

Bushipunk wrote: Speaking of eating, when Jack chows down on someone's magical energy/life force, does he necessarily take all of it? I'm just wondering if this is necessarily a "someone stops him now or Thera bites it" situation.
It would take him a fair bit longer to drain an Incarnate. So, no, it wouldn't be slash, gurk, dead Thera.