Power Chords

Power Chords

Postby Bushipunk on Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:56 am

Well, I suppose we'll find out tomorrow, but until then, any speculation on what the 'chord' Maria's singing is going to do? My first instinct is that she'll force all nearby Shan to reveal themselves (leave their hosts). But, how desirable would that really be? We don't know the limits of Frank's squid's pyrokinesis, and being swarmed by Shan seems more dangerous than being swarmed by Greys.

Any other guesses, then?
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Postby Orion on Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:08 pm

Well, I suppose that depends on how closesly these guys follow the "standard" shan abilities. in combat they're hardly impressive, unless they have nerve whips or some similar peice of tech, in which case they could definitely be a danger. They normally can't just possess someone, just hide in their brain and start screwing with memories and such, and I'm guessing at least Thera, and possible the psionics would be pretty much immune to that. If nothing else, it removes one level of combat from the situation, going from fight greys>fight shan to just fight shan.

and I'm definitely putting to much thought into this.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Guildenstern on Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:39 pm

I'm thinking it's head-splodey time, and there's going to be Grey matter decorating the wallpaper. Not much else, really.

Perhaps I haven't put enough though into this.
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.
Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Postby Orion on Wed Jul 14, 2004 11:43 am

And the prize goes to Guildenstern.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Sun Aug 01, 2004 8:03 pm

From where did Maria call this Orbital Death Strike? Is heaven really 'up' there? I'm taking from this that she summoned it, not created it. Also begs the question of what kinds of powers do the heavenly host have? Singing the hidden songs behind reality/creation to affect the world has always been a fairly cool power.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby Orion on Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:20 pm

well, we know the gladius dei have attack satelites. Maybe the note was just part of a radio signal for a precision strike :D

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Postby Seafog the 3rd on Mon Aug 02, 2004 5:13 pm

Yep, that's possible, but upon further reflection... wasn't she INSIDE at that point? Makes thier eventual point of exit an argument against the satellite.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long
Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Postby Bushipunk on Thu Aug 05, 2004 8:20 am

Seafog the 3rd wrote:From where did Maria call this Orbital Death Strike?

Whereever she summoned it from, of course (provided it was summoned and not created), it needn't have travelled in a straight line. One doubts that angelic Death Strikes actually consist of particle beams.

Bushi
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.
Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Postby Mirober on Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:36 pm

The pillar of light was a localized effect, and did not originate from beyond the Grey compound.
Mirober
Regular Poster

Return to Regina Felina