Your webcomic life and real life - how close are they?
- Joel Fagin
- nothos adrisor (GTC)
- Posts: 6014
- Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:15 am
- Location: City of Lights
- Contact:
They know. And a few even read it.
Warren

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Comics. Drawn poorly.
------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
- Soap Soaperson
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1182
- Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 7:44 am
- Location: Florida
Ha ha! That's the same way I ended up telling two of my friends.faub wrote:If people are into my comic then I have no problem with them reading it. I'm not going to force anyone to read it and I haven't told anyone about it unless they've asked why I don't have a Keenspace account. "Oh, I've had one for about a year."
"YOU SHOULD MAKE A COMIC AND PUT IT ONLINE!"
"Funny you should mention that..."
Then, those friends told other friends...and it spread.
Yay. | Yay Part II.
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
---
NOOOOTE: Any and all links posted by me have the possibility of being NWS, and are likely from http://www.LUElinks.net. K? K.
<Derenge> yo
<TLH> Hey Derenge, want an enema?
<Derenge> no
- MariaAndMichelle
- Cartoon Henchgirls
- Posts: 3568
- Joined: Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:42 pm
- Location: Together
- Contact:
I only have one friend who knows about my comic (two if including Seriocity). My comic is loosely based on real life, and I kind of portray my parents in a negative manner, so they'd kill me. My family knows I'm into drawing and flash, but they don't know I have a comic. Not to mention, knowing m parents don't read gives me a bit more artistic freedom.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!
The end justify the means, my friend, ohh hell it does..muahahahahaha..uhh..nevermind, just go along with the topVan Douchebag wrote:I want to rid the world of Kurtz, but for wholly other reasons.Patch wrote:Death WebComic Writers list six:
1.-Goats
2.-PVP
3.-PA
4.-Ghastly Ghastly Comic (and damn its really good!!)
- Evil Jamie!
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 1408
- Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:19 am
- Location: Tasmania
- Fullcircle
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 222
- Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2004 2:33 am
- Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Contact:
Everybody knows, because we're a tad obsessed. I don't think we could be stealthy about it if we wanted to. We've been writing these stories for years, and are finally getting it organized and putting it into comic form. /(^v^)\
I don't think many family members read it, save for my Mom and brother. Dunno really, but they all know we do *something* with drawing/writing comics on the internet.
~SR
I don't think many family members read it, save for my Mom and brother. Dunno really, but they all know we do *something* with drawing/writing comics on the internet.
~SR
As authors it is our duty to create lovable enticing characters, and do horrible evil things to them.
I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public.
In search of an appropriate tagline.
Updates and Community Live Journal
Tips for Character Development
I don't mind straight people, as long as they act gay in public.
In search of an appropriate tagline.
Updates and Community Live Journal
Tips for Character Development
.
My friends definitely know, I've started doing it for them! Any extra readers is just bonus.
- Grabmygoblin
- Cartoon Hero
- Posts: 4062
- Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm
- Keffria
- The Wimpy Teaching Assistant (Mod)

- Posts: 3748
- Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2003 12:07 pm
- Location: not-France
Everyone seems to know about my comicking -- probably because lately, it seems to be running my life. You don't realize how much time you actually spend working on it until someone points it out to you... ;>.>
My family doesn't seem to care one way or another; some of my friends read it, but most of them just smile and nod and try to look interested when I start talking about it.
My family doesn't seem to care one way or another; some of my friends read it, but most of them just smile and nod and try to look interested when I start talking about it.
- Fadedflame
- Regular Poster
- Posts: 183
- Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2004 1:02 pm
- Location: Absent
- Contact:
Well my Dad knows I've been working on one, but him and computers don't get along. I think I've mentioned it to my brother, but I haven't given either or them the url, and want to make very clear that I don't plan to, I've popped enough of their bubbles about me being the perfect child. Geh. I don't speak with the rest of my family, ok, so they won't talk to me but still..
My friends know, at least some of them, that I've been working on one, trying to get the first page actually done for a few months now (success, finally mwahaha..eh hrm..) But I haven't mentioned I got the first page up and plan on staying strict to the once weekly schedual.
Don't know how some of my friends will react since it's a pretty dark story but ehh, if they don't like it they can not read it.
~Faded
My friends know, at least some of them, that I've been working on one, trying to get the first page actually done for a few months now (success, finally mwahaha..eh hrm..) But I haven't mentioned I got the first page up and plan on staying strict to the once weekly schedual.
Don't know how some of my friends will react since it's a pretty dark story but ehh, if they don't like it they can not read it.
~Faded
I don't live to die, I taunt death because it is the only way to live.
- Ti-Phil
- Héro de Dessin Animé
- Posts: 1928
- Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 4:00 pm
- Location: Ste-Julienne
- Contact:
Hmm, my close relative knows about it but doesn't read it.
My friends knows about it and a few reads it (ok, one actually kept telling me about part of the story he liked again and again.. perhaps he had forgotten I was the cartoonist? I KNOW the story...)
And the rest.. I have no idea how they came to find out about the volet!
My friends knows about it and a few reads it (ok, one actually kept telling me about part of the story he liked again and again.. perhaps he had forgotten I was the cartoonist? I KNOW the story...)
And the rest.. I have no idea how they came to find out about the volet!
The Volet
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter
What, free publicity never harmed anyone..right?
"Bunnies just aren't dense enough. You'd have to squish them until their little bunny electrons mated with their little bunny protons." -rkolter









