Busy men

The Gear is deprecated, use the Help forum or CG Wiki.

Busy men

Postby Mordennight on Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:36 pm

Uhm... I have some questions. I'm a very busy person but I also have a desire to start my own webcomic based on a character that's very dear to me. I don't have a lot of time on my hands to draw constantly and might have even less once I get to College(where I'm taking art anyway). Not only that but I work in the movie industry and I spend a lot of my time reading scripts and shit.

Well there's this thing I read on the keenspace main page... it said something about a 90 day period where they might shut down an account if there's no activity.

So my question is, can people who are as busy as me get that time extended or something? Because 90 days isn't that much time at all. and I REALLY would try to have updates as often as possible...

I just want to share my characters and story ideas to the world but I have a career and an education to work out at the same time. so sometimes I might be away for more than 90 days.... I've been designing a page in Adobe Photoshop 7.

I'm not sure if this will help me or not.... but I thought I might ask...

Thank you for your time.
Last edited by Mordennight on Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mordennight
Regular Poster

Postby Mordennight on Thu Jul 22, 2004 6:38 pm

also... my boss... the CEO likes my idea and wants to write a script about it and eventually make a movie of it.... so it would be great advertisement for Keenspace eventually...

I think.
Mordennight
Regular Poster

Postby Faub on Thu Jul 22, 2004 9:01 pm

The 90 days is mainly for comics that start the account and then never update it afterward. If you have around 10 pages or more and update at least occasionally you should be okay. There are several long running comics on Keenspace that have ended (http://oneoverzero.keenspace.com/) that won't be deleted due to inactivity.

If this 90 day inactivity problem bothers you, just make yourself a buffer of say 20 pages/strips before you sign up. As long as the admins can see that you're serious you shouldn't have any problems.
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Mordennight on Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:29 am

Great! Thank you very much.
Mordennight
Regular Poster

Return to Gear