Is Love In The Air?

Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

Is Love In The Air?

Post by Quantum Alchemist »

Does Jack have a crush?

Will he finally get laid?

....how closely is she related to a Black Widow, and how likely to lay eggs in his stomach or eat him after sex?

ALL IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF:

AS THE STRANGE DAZE TURN

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

Ah wuv, sweetest of human emotions. Or I suppose in this case the emotions experienced by a bio-magical weapon of mass destruction and a psychic humanoid arachnid. But still sweet.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Didn't see that one coming

Post by Bushipunk »

I have to say, this is a twist I would not have expected. I wonder, though... First Maria and Hook, now maybe Jack and Ariel... I don't know, it seems to bring up a few questions.

Is there some connection between these recent romances?

Will there be more?

What, if any, sinister forces are behind it?

What really happened in Dallas the day Kennedy was allegedly assassinated?

Okay, the last one may not actually be related to the current story, but the point is, in Strange Daze, you never know!
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.

Guildenstern
Regular Poster

Post by Guildenstern »

Heh. Will she ram her ovipositor down his throat and lay her eggs in his chest?

What fun will Thera have with her undead alien-collective flesh-shells? Will she bring them out at parties?

Who knows the answers to all these questions and more? I'm betting the squid.
Ziox: Now with lapitithamine.

Mirober
Regular Poster

Post by Mirober »

I tried to hint at the beginnings of an interest between the two during the Snake Pit and Broadcast Interruption stories. As I was progressing in this story, I also began to regret not spending a little more time building it up between the two of them. I think what I might do is stick one or two side stories in the archives. Anyway, long story short the spark was already there.

Bushipunk
Regular Poster

Post by Bushipunk »

Mirober wrote:I tried to hint at the beginnings of an interest between the two during the Snake Pit and Broadcast Interruption stories.
Oh, yeah... Looking back in the archives, I can see it now. I do sort of remember thinking I was missing something at the time.

Hard to hint at romance when one party is using the No-Soul Technique, eh? Hindsight is 20/20, though, it makes perfect sense now.
Life can be seen like chess, or pinball. In chess you try to win, thus ending the game, as quickly as possible. In pinball, the goal is to keep playing.

I like chess, but I'd rather play pinball.

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

Now I'm forced to wonder about the spider people. Where do they come from? Do they breed true? Spinnerets? Are they humans with a few extra bits? Or is there someting of the Other in them? Do they only have the one extra set of... limbs, or do they have eight limbs total? Venom? Are the eyebrow eyes real eyes or vestigal? What do they see through the big black orbs? Could you knit with those extra limbs? Where did the mental powers derive from? Eggsacks? How many are there? Classification? Phylum? Genus? Who does she work for? How did she and Jack meet?
And what is Hook now anyway? He's not immortal undead, and he's not alive.
I'm starting to think most of what I do around here is ask questions. :oops:
So a not question. In my campaign, it looks like the second level elven wizard has the highest kill count. Wether by crossbow or by burning hands or by being almost the last one standing, she keeps pulling monkeys out of her butt.
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

Seafog the 3rd wrote:she keeps pulling monkeys out of her butt.
Wow, that sounds painful. But I suppose its better than keeping them up there.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

Groooooooooooooooooan!
'Never appeal to a man's 'better nature'. He may not have one. Invoking his self-intrest gives you more leverage.' -Lazarus Long

Quantum Alchemist
Regular Poster

Post by Quantum Alchemist »

...in a tangentally related note...

Am I the only one who wants to see Lysistrata come back? :D

Mirober
Regular Poster

Post by Mirober »

Quantum Alchemist wrote:...in a tangentally related note...

Am I the only one who wants to see Lysistrata come back? :D
In a much earlier version of the current storyline, Lys made her return. However, she eventually got written out as the story got revised. Demands of the story and all that.

She will return, though.

Seafog the 3rd
Regular Poster

Post by Seafog the 3rd »

Yay! Potential for sick, twisted love triangle will return! She reminds me of Saffron from Firefly. "Face it, honey. I'm really hot." :lol: And Jack's made a study of her, so understands her more then most. She also has nice elbows. :)