Is my teacher a bitch or what?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Is my teacher a bitch or whT?

She's a bitch
68%
She seems like a delightful person!
32%

Total votes : 19

Postby Toxic on Sun Jun 27, 2004 2:28 pm

Why is everyone so obsessed with this thread?

If anyone happens to have a copy of the original first post (I don't) I'd be happy to edit it in.

Blah.
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby Life Imitating Art on Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:04 pm

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:*Bitch slaps JexKerome*

What female dog the now? I didn't know dogs could slap people!
a.k.a. omegaboot
Life Imitating Art
Regular Poster

Postby McDuffies on Mon Jun 28, 2004 1:34 pm

JexKerome wrote:If there's anyone around here I would swear lacks any self-esteem issues (and thus has no need to feel superior to anyone else) that would be Ryan.

More likely, and based upon the amount of anger spilling out of his latest posts in the forums, I'd say Srdjan is in a Bad Mood (TM), and needs to get out of 'Net and relax a little outside, in the real world.

Either dat, or da Powa 'as gone to 'is 'ead, it 'as!

Maybe, but I'm sure much better that him in taking jokes on my own account. In fact, I've taken more kicks that anyone else on these forums, without intention to get it back - just because I think that would spoil the joke. But when someone abuses that and, after I hint him that he went over the line, he just goes even further, that's a good reason to get into bad mood, don't you think.

Of course I won't delete any of such posts. They annoy me, but deleting them would be simply jerky behavior,
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby YarpsDat on Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:12 am

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:Why is everyone so obsessed with this thread?

If anyone happens to have a copy of the original first post (I don't) I'd be happy to edit it in.

Blah.

Everyone? Nah. It's just me. And it's not like I'm particularry obsessed with this thread, I just don't like when someone decides to take back all the things they said. You cannot un-say something, can you? But you can add a disclaimer.

And as far as I remember the post went something like this:
Is my teacher a bitch?
She's so old, and she has dementia!
And she's so stupid nobody ever understands what she wants.
ie. once she made us a test, but she never said it was a test, we thought it was an exercise, so I opened the book and then she grabs my paper and gives me a D. So I say "huh? I thought it was an exercise, and look, everybody's using books 'cause they thought that too", and she replies that "if you were caught cheating, you could at least accept it with honor"
GRRR! :evil:
And nobody in her class ever gets good grades, even the best people, and she fails the most people of all teachers.
And she hates me.
I bet she'll give me a D, and she'll destroy my career and my life.
So, is she a bitch, or is it just me?

It was something more or less like this.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby Rkolter on Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:27 am

mcDuffies wrote:
JexKerome wrote:If there's anyone around here I would swear lacks any self-esteem issues (and thus has no need to feel superior to anyone else) that would be Ryan.

More likely, and based upon the amount of anger spilling out of his latest posts in the forums, I'd say Srdjan is in a Bad Mood (TM), and needs to get out of 'Net and relax a little outside, in the real world.

Either dat, or da Powa 'as gone to 'is 'ead, it 'as!

Maybe, but I'm sure much better that him in taking jokes on my own account. In fact, I've taken more kicks that anyone else on these forums, without intention to get it back - just because I think that would spoil the joke. But when someone abuses that and, after I hint him that he went over the line, he just goes even further, that's a good reason to get into bad mood, don't you think.

Of course I won't delete any of such posts. They annoy me, but deleting them would be simply jerky behavior,

Wow, forget to check a thread for a little bit and you get called an insecure jerk who is unable to take jokes on his own account.

Mcduffies, I've never kicked you in the nuts with the express intention of pissing you off. In fact, I've always chuckled when I find a reason to kick you in the nuts in the forum, and figured that you chuckled about it too.

The time you're talking about saying I went over the line was when a comic was posted with your character sitting in an advice booth ala "Peanuts", and I commented something was wrong about the picture, since you weren't bent over holding your crotch. Your response was something on par of "some people are mature enough to not need to put that joke into each strip I'm in."

You don't comment when other people kick you in the nuts - or draw your character bent over holding his crotch. I admit I do use this joke more often than others, but if you were really upset about the joke, you'd have said something to everyone, not just to me. So when you didn't call out anyone else, but poked back at me, I just figured you were playing along and having a good time of it.

I guess I'll close by saying that you can't honestly say you take a self depreciating joke better than me, and I'm a bit disappointed that you'd resort to insulting me personally and threatening to abuse your mod powers, when all you had to say was, "C'mon already, this joke is getting old and I'm not having fun with it anymore." I really am a decent human being - if you'd asked me to stop before now, I would have.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Postby McDuffies on Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:20 am

rkolter wrote:Wow, forget to check a thread for a little bit and you get called an insecure jerk who is unable to take jokes on his own account.

I gotta point that I never directed that one at you. It was Jex who assumed I was aiming at you while it could as well be directed to him.
True is, I don't like when people point out at others grammar at forums because it would be like if you cut someone in the middle of sentence just to point out that his sentence isn't grammatically correct, in other words - rude. However, it could hardly apply to your earlier post because it was, after all, in joking manner.
I just used it as excuse because my earlier attempt to hint that I didn't like your joke failed, so I tried another way. And I never seriously attempted to edit any post.

Mcduffies, I've never kicked you in the nuts with the express intention of pissing you off. In fact, I've always chuckled when I find a reason to kick you in the nuts in the forum, and figured that you chuckled about it too.

The time you're talking about saying I went over the line was when a comic was posted with your character sitting in an advice booth ala "Peanuts", and I commented something was wrong about the picture, since you weren't bent over holding your crotch. Your response was something on par of "some people are mature enough to not need to put that joke into each strip I'm in."

You don't comment when other people kick you in the nuts - or draw your character bent over holding his crotch. I admit I do use this joke more often than others, but if you were really upset about the joke, you'd have said something to everyone, not just to me. So when you didn't call out anyone else, but poked back at me, I just figured you were playing along and having a good time of it.

Well, Rkolter, first of all, I don't have a bad opinion on you, nor I single you out of the crowd. In fact I think you're really a good guy. So I never wanted to single your jokes out of others, in fact I don't think that earlier comment with the booth was directed your way - maybe you were just in wrong place, caught between "fires" (and I think it was something like "some people remember other jokes about me besides that one" with so use of word "immature")
I'll comment on anyone kicking me in the croch if I think joke is tasteless or not funny or demeaning (rather than insulting) and sometimes I just swallow it because, addmitedly, if I accept the joke on me I have to bear with it and if there's a funny joke around, well no reason spoiling it.

I guess I'll close by saying that you can't honestly say you take a self depreciating joke better than me, and I'm a bit disappointed that you'd resort to insulting me personally and threatening to abuse your mod powers, when all you had to say was, "C'mon already, this joke is getting old and I'm not having fun with it anymore." I really am a decent human being - if you'd asked me to stop before now, I would have.

But I relay on ones tact to stop the joke when it's old and not fun anymore - I didn't think that was unreasonable to expect from grown-up people (just for the record, I'm not implying that you're not grown-up or acting like one or anything that someone could read my words into). In addition, you said you noticed that I wasn't always comfortable with that joke. Yet you didn't stop to think about any of that.
Ok, maybe it was my fault, maybe posts like "*doesn't say anything*" aren't a hint enough that I'm not comfortable. Also, maybe I let the joke go too far, maybe I shouldn't have kept bringing it myself too. I mean, some moments of it were priceless, like Bob's musicle or Mooman's animation. But joke was old and tired much earlier for me than for anybody else (so it seems so). At one moment here, noone was mentioning me in any other context, which made me feel really bad - "is the stupid kick-in-the-crotch joke the only impression I made as person?" Still, as always, I like to accept anything that's funny.
Ah, never mind. I sincirely apologuise to everyone although I never did and never will intend to abose mod status. Let's just forget about this.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Rkolter on Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:00 pm

That's a fair appology. For my part, I'm sorry I overused the joke - subtle hints don't always work well over the internet. I liked the joke because you took it in good humor, and I respected you for that. If I'd known I was starting to offend you with that joke, I'd have stopped way before now. So, I'm honestly sorry to have made you uncomfortable.

It's nice to have a flame war that ends before it becomes much of a flame, or much of a war.

I do however, reserve the right to kick the crotch of anyone who says, "Aww... are they going to kiss and make up now?"
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"
Rkolter

Postby YarpsDat on Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:09 pm

Aww... that's so sweet.
Group hug everybody! Group hug!

BTW, For some reason almost all the jokes get dragged way beyond funny for my taste.
Maybe I'm just weird, but for me a joke is funny the first time, moderately funny the second time, and boring the third time.
(If it's a joke based on repetition then it's funny the second and third time)

But often when someone does something funny, you get n+1 people repeating it, to be teh fun, when it ceased to be funny weeks before.
Why don't they see that? OR, Why do I???
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."

"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
YarpsDat
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:10 pm

rkolter wrote:That's a fair appology. For my part, I'm sorry I overused the joke - subtle hints don't always work well over the internet. I liked the joke because you took it in good humor, and I respected you for that. If I'd known I was starting to offend you with that joke, I'd have stopped way before now. So, I'm honestly sorry to have made you uncomfortable.

It's nice to have a flame war that ends before it becomes much of a flame, or much of a war.

I do however, reserve the right to kick the crotch of anyone who says, "Aww... are they going to kiss and make up now?"

Hey, no need for apology, I know you well enough that I know you didn't mean anything bad. :wink: Works in other direction too, I hope.

And I reserve the right to kick everyone who says:
"Aww, no way, they stopped before we saw a real fight!"
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby JexKerome on Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:05 am

Gack. It seems I had an (unwitting) hand in creating this misunderstandment. For the record, I also tought Srdjan was playing along, so I kinda pointed Ryan as "the bad guy". So Srdjan, Ryan, my most sincere apologies.
Faith is what credulity becomes when it finally achieves escape velocity from the constraints of terrestrial discourse- reasonableness, internal coherence, civility, and candor. Thus, the men who commited the atrocities of September 11 were neither cowards nor lunatics of any sort, but Men of Faith- perfect faith- and this, it must finally be acknowleged, is a terrible thing to be.
JexKerome
Cartoon Hero

Postby McDuffies on Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:58 am

*hugs JexKerome*
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Warren on Wed Jun 30, 2004 5:59 am

mcDuffies wrote:*hugs JexKerome*
Really, really tight?
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
Proudly despised by ex-wives since 2008.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care
Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby KittyKatBlack on Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:34 am

Now that I think of it, why exactly DOES everyone kick McDuffies in the crotch? I don't even remember what started it.
KittyKatBlack
Cartoon Villain

Postby Warren on Wed Jun 30, 2004 7:49 am

rkolter wrote:I've never kicked you in the nuts with the express intention of pissing you off.

This is the only time in history this sentence was uttered with sincerity.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Warren on Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:04 am

KittyKatBlack wrote:Now that I think of it, why exactly DOES everyone kick McDuffies in the crotch? I don't even remember what started it.

This thread on this page.

Way to go, Yeahduff. :wink:
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Postby Grabmygoblin on Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:33 am

*kicks brockway in the crotch*
it was overdue.
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero

Postby Toxic on Wed Jun 30, 2004 10:29 am

Um....

*Hugs everyone, then erases my name from Yarpsdat's death list when he isn't looking and writes in Mcduffies's name*

:P
Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Postby McDuffies on Wed Jun 30, 2004 3:28 pm

TOXIC AVENGER! wrote:Um....

*Hugs everyone, then erases my name from Yarpsdat's death list when he isn't looking and writes in Mcduffies's name*

:P

It would be easy, I just have to go and edit some of my previous posts.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Mac on Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:39 am

i have a huglist... of people i want to hug... written in blood...
Mac

Postby Warren on Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:11 am

Don't let your teacher see it!
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic