Is my teacher a bitch or what?

Topics which don't fit comfortably in any of the other forums go here. Spamming is not tolerated.
Forum rules
- Please use the forum attachment system for jam images, or link to the CG site specific to the Jam.
- Mark threads containing nudity in inlined images as NSFW
- Read The rules post for specifics

Is my teacher a bitch or whT?

She's a bitch
68%
She seems like a delightful person!
32%

Total votes: 19

Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Is my teacher a bitch or what?

Post by Toxic »

Is my teacher a bitch?
She's so old, and she has dementia!
And she's so stupid nobody ever understands what she wants.
ie. once she made us a test, but she never said it was a test, we thought it was an exercise, so I opened the book and then she grabs my paper and gives me a D. So I say "huh? I thought it was an exercise, and look, everybody's using books 'cause they thought that too", and she replies that "if you were caught cheating, you could at least accept it with honor"
GRRR!
And nobody in her class ever gets good grades, even the best people, and she fails the most people of all teachers.
And she hates me.
I bet she'll give me a D, and she'll destroy my career and my life.
So, is she a bitch, or is it just me?
Last edited by Toxic on Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:30 am, edited 5 times in total.
Make Comic Genesis Keenspace Again!

Heffaloop
Cartoon Hero

Post by Heffaloop »

woah, the complaints don't do anything?

Any formal complaints made to the department of education here are taken VERY seriously... maybe you and everyone else needs to go higher up the food chain to get something done.... that's the only thing I can think of.

That, or get everyone in the class to fail. That will bring attention to her ability to teach just as well. The only problem being that you have to actually fail first :[
omgwtf

Nyke
Cartoon Villain

For you, Toxic

Post by Nyke »

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel Toxic
Last edited by Nyke on Wed May 12, 2004 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My LJ | ComicGen CoH/V | Vampire/Amazon looking for Betas. Want to sign up? PM me. | Figure out my Avatar's joke, and win bragging rights.

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warren »

Let's feed her chalk till she BLEEDS!
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

------------------------------
It's grey, not gray. And it always has been.
Lauren's Wing - The fund for animal care

Alaina
Regular Poster

Post by Alaina »

Strangely, that sounds like my Econ/Gov teacher who's a dirty, dirty man that stares at girls (sleeps with them, too) and spoonfeeds us information.

Last week he threw a desk at the wall because some kid critisized his teaching methods. He gave us a huge paper with 7 parts, makes it worth only 45 points, and then admits he'd only be reading part 3.

For two weeks (no kidding) we've spent class time reading aloud from the book and then each of us has to say what we think the main points of each page were. Then he tells us we're stupid and gets fed up and leaves the class.

My grade dropped from an A to a C- after I walked away from him while he was in the middle of lecturing me. He never returns homework, he says he checks it off, but we all think he grades on favoritism. No one has above a B now. 15 people are failing, ha.

I suggest you take the matter higher. Get a petition with people writing down things she's done and bring the matter before the school board. Ours meets every 2 weeks, so maybe yours does too. Um, California administrators really suck though, so I dunno...ours never does anything.

Rkolter
Destroyer of Words (Moderator)

Post by Rkolter »

I had a prof once for Cobol (yeah, cobol) who gave you a perfect score no matter what crud you turned in. I deliberately wrote my program so it would crash and put comments in asking him to give me an "F" if he read them.

I got an "A".

He also liked to hand out the previous semester's programs for students to debug. I pity the student who got my program.

Your teacher sounds like she needs a month long vacation to get back in the groove.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.
"Data" is not the plural of "anecdote"

Gage Kronos
Regular Poster

Post by Gage Kronos »

I'd say she just needs to retire and let someone new take over. They'd probably be better anyway.

TimberWolf
Regular Poster

Post by TimberWolf »

rkolter wrote:I had a prof once for Cobol (yeah, cobol) who gave you a perfect score no matter what crud you turned in. I deliberately wrote my program so it would crash and put comments in asking him to give me an "F" if he read them.

I got an "A".

He also liked to hand out the previous semester's programs for students to debug. I pity the student who got my program.

Your teacher sounds like she needs a month long vacation to get back in the groove.
Heh heh, comments are fun. Last year in my code for visual basic, I wrote out everything that I got for christmas. I also typed in stupid stuff like 'quit stealing my code.' I also put in dirty jokes from time to time. It actually became a unique signature, so he would know if anybody would print out my code for themselves if I left the room. (A lot of people did too.)
*Realizes he has less free time now that school is over.*

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

when I took english in 11th grade we had a woman who was probably the worst english teacher ever. She had an interesting ability, she could read a paper and find any grammatical errors including any mistakes that went against her personal rules without reading or understanding the papers content. I turned in a paper where half was the same paragraph repeated over and over. A freind of mine used a modified random sentence generator to write his paper. Both passed, I think they got B's.

The worst teacher ever was my high school physics teacher, he could not teach worth crap. I don't even know if he knew the topic because he never gave us a chance to learn from him. and he smelt of ciggarettes and rotten milk. I had to learn physics from a crappy high school physics textbook. Everyone hated him, people would yell at him during class, and these were well behaved honor students, he was just so incompetent. The only saving grace that allowed us to pass was the fact that he allowed us to retake every test .
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warren »

TimberWolf wrote:
rkolter wrote:I had a prof once for Cobol (yeah, cobol) who gave you a perfect score no matter what crud you turned in. I deliberately wrote my program so it would crash and put comments in asking him to give me an "F" if he read them.

I got an "A".

Heh heh, comments are fun. Last year in my code for visual basic, I wrote out everything that I got for christmas. I also typed in stupid stuff like 'quit stealing my code.' I also put in dirty jokes from time to time. It actually became a unique signature, so he would know if anybody would print out my code for themselves if I left the room. (A lot of people did too.)
eh. Commenting is for the birds. I figure whoever needs to maintain my programs in the future should have to earn their cash.

I love spaghetti code.
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

Warren wrote:
TimberWolf wrote:

I got an "A".

eh. Commenting is for the birds. I figure whoever needs to maintain my programs in the future should have to earn their cash.

I love spaghetti code.
I like naming all my variables with individual letters, or naming them very inconsistantly, like IndexMultiplier for an array of characters.

Boy that pisses teachers off.

They also don't like it when you name your variables after lawn equipment. GardenWeasel, BagOManure, etcetera.
Image Image ImageImage
Crossfire: "Thank you! That explains it very nicely, and in a language that someone other than a physicist can understand..."

Denial is not falsification. You can't avoid a fact just because you don't like it.

Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Post by Toxic »

Update:

Just got my report card yesterday. Got a B in the class (I was worried I might get a D). Anyway, my GPA for this semester was a 3.5 (unweighted), my highest ever and first time on the "A" honor roll!

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warren »

Yay! Honor Roll!
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Toxic
Faster Pussycat

Post by Toxic »

Yay! Well, I've been on the honor roll consistantly this year, but that was on the "B" honor roll (3.0 - 3.49). Now I'm on the "A" honor roll, with all the cool kids!

*Looks around at other kids on A honor roll*

Oh, nevermind. Nerds.

Ooh, neat. They have the honor roll sheet online, and there are 44 people out of 570 on the A honor roll, which means I'm in the top 8% of my class.

Damn, their website needs a makeover. Link!

http://www.sfusd.edu/schwww/sch571/depa ... /MAIN.html

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

Now I need someone owes someone apologuise!

Namely, Toxic needs to apologuise to me as the formal representative of Junk forum for posting fake informations and later aditing them!
In fact, while we're at that, everyone should apologuise to me, cause everybody has skeletons in their closet!

Orion
Cartoon Hero

Post by Orion »

*Kicks mcduffies in the nuts*
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys

McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Post by McDuffies »

:cry:

Warren
Cartoon Hero

Post by Warren »

MCDuff... Why do you have Joel Fagin's signature as your own?
Warren
Comics. Drawn poorly.

Rkolter

Post by Rkolter »

mcDuffies wrote:Now I need someone owes someone apologuise!

Namely, Toxic needs to apologuise to me as the formal representative of Junk forum for posting fake informations and later aditing them!
In fact, while we're at that, everyone should apologuise to me, cause everybody has skeletons in their closet!
One kick in the groin for each grammatical or spelling error.

Now I need someone owes someone apologuise! - Bad grammar. *kick in the groin*

apologuise - Spelling *kick in the groin*

of Junk forum for - of the junk forum for... *kick in the groin*

informations - Grammar. Information is both singlular and plural. *kick in the groin*

aditing - Spelling *kick in the groin*

cause everybody - Grammar. 'Cause' is a word, but is improperly used. Because is the word you wanted. Alternatively, you could have said, "Cause: Everybody...". You didn't. *kick in the groin*

That's Eight! :) Eight kicks in the groin.

Uhm... you shouldn't be bleeding from there, should you? :o
Image Image ImageImage

LAGtheNoggin
Cartoon Hero

Post by LAGtheNoggin »

rkolter wrote: cause everybody - Grammar. 'Cause' is a word, but is improperly used. Because is the word you wanted. Alternatively, you could have said, "Cause: Everybody...". You didn't. *kick in the groin*
" 'cause " would also have worked as an informal shortening of 'because'. Never dismiss the apostrophe!

Actually he could get away with all that bad spelling under the informality rule thingy; He isn't under formal conditions and is typing the way he talks, give the accent respect!

Or something. I have no idea.

*hands Srdjan an ice pack*