A few questions, maybe somebody will actually answer...

A few questions, maybe somebody will actually answer...

Postby RagingCynic on Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:53 pm

But I doubt it.

I've actually been reading Framed almost since the beginning, but I stopped like a year and a half ago. I re-read the archives over the course of Christmas break, and remembered how great this strip is, probably my favorite ever, but I do have a few questions.

Okay.

1. How long will this current schedule of updates last? The schedule has been really junky as of late, and it seems as though things may have actually settled down.

2. Why is there no Keenspot message board? I think that if there were a few keenspot plugs and such this board might start moving again.

3. Will the great escape ever be re-archived? I realize that this probably will never happen, but I find it incredibly sad that one of the greatest undertakings in the history of comics should be lost entirely. Maybe if we contacted all of the artists involved or known people from their fanbases?

Yeah, this will probably never even get read, but here's hoping. 8)
RagingCynic
Regular Poster

Postby RagingCynic on Mon Jun 07, 2004 5:55 pm

Oh yeah, one more: Is there an existing archive of Eat the Roses? I had been planning on reading that but the site is down. :(
RagingCynic
Regular Poster

Re: A few questions, maybe somebody will actually answer...

Postby K-Dawg on Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:07 pm

I'll try to answer what I can.

1. How long will this current schedule of updates last? The schedule has been really junky as of late, and it seems as though things may have actually settled down.

Well like Damonk said in his news section he's hoping to update three times a week again. Over the next little while we'll see if he's able to continue it or not.

2. Why is there no Keenspot message board? I think that if there were a few keenspot plugs and such this board might start moving again.

You'll have to wait for Damonk to say something about this. But I think he might be planning to eventually get a new message board.

3. Will the great escape ever be re-archived? I realize that this probably will never happen, but I find it incredibly sad that one of the greatest undertakings in the history of comics should be lost entirely. Maybe if we contacted all of the artists involved or known people from their fanbases?

Hopefully it will be, the last Keenspace crash totally fried Framed; it took a very long time to get the whole archive back again. Once again only Damonk can really answer this question sorry. :(

But for now just be happy he's trying to update Framed again. :D

Shocking news Angry D. Monkey
K-Dawg
I wanna LIVE

Postby Not damonk on Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:32 pm

Hey guys,

Fear not, at least in terms of the Great Escape:

I have most of all the archives again after a LOT of help from fans, and all I have to do is finish rebuilding them.

The Great Escape in particular, I am trying to rebuild in a way so that people will be able to follow ALL the storylines that occured within it, without having to worry about boken links and stuff. I'm hoping to have all this finished by the end of the Summer at the latest.

Of course, it also means that to make it all works as well as it was <i>meant</i> to work, I have to draw a few new comics myself, to fill in the gaps left by some other people who had bailed on the project when it first happened.

But damn, I gotta say that it makes me feel good to see that people actually still remember, much less LIKE that event. :)

As for the KSpot forum, yeah -- I should get that done, too... I've just beem so busy with life that the comic and all things comic-related suffered.

To be honest, I had and have been kinda reconsidering my role in the webcomics world. I always did this for fun, and not for profit pr popularity, and that's one of the reasons I never tried to pimp my comic or work to make it "big".

More and more, I see that my skills as a cartoonist are nowhere near as amazing as some of the true geniuses of our medium -- heck, my sife is an amazing doodler, and will make it "big" long before I do.

Nope. Me, I'm destined to be a critic and observer, methinks. And as such, all that matters when it comes to my comicking is that I still enjoy doing it, and that those who also enjoy my stuff continue to like it and have fun.

Yep yep. All I want with this is to continue having fun, really.

S'all about the fun. :)
Not damonk
Regular Poster

Postby Not damonk on Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:34 pm

RagingCynic wrote:Oh yeah, one more: Is there an existing archive of Eat the Roses? I had been planning on reading that but the site is down. :(

The quick and dirty answer to this question: KeenPrime is the Devil, and has apparently eaten all her site. But Megs is hoping to get that all up again this summer, too.

Here's hoping! I miss reading through those archives, myself! :)
Not damonk
Regular Poster

Postby RagingCynic on Mon Jun 14, 2004 4:43 am

not damonk wrote:Hey guys,

Fear not, at least in terms of the Great Escape:

I have most of all the archives again after a LOT of help from fans, and all I have to do is finish rebuilding them.

The Great Escape in particular, I am trying to rebuild in a way so that people will be able to follow ALL the storylines that occured within it, without having to worry about boken links and stuff. I'm hoping to have all this finished by the end of the Summer at the latest.

Of course, it also means that to make it all works as well as it was <i>meant</i> to work, I have to draw a few new comics myself, to fill in the gaps left by some other people who had bailed on the project when it first happened.

But damn, I gotta say that it makes me feel good to see that people actually still remember, much less LIKE that event. :)

As for the KSpot forum, yeah -- I should get that done, too... I've just beem so busy with life that the comic and all things comic-related suffered.

To be honest, I had and have been kinda reconsidering my role in the webcomics world. I always did this for fun, and not for profit pr popularity, and that's one of the reasons I never tried to pimp my comic or work to make it "big".

More and more, I see that my skills as a cartoonist are nowhere near as amazing as some of the true geniuses of our medium -- heck, my sife is an amazing doodler, and will make it "big" long before I do.

Nope. Me, I'm destined to be a critic and observer, methinks. And as such, all that matters when it comes to my comicking is that I still enjoy doing it, and that those who also enjoy my stuff continue to like it and have fun.

Yep yep. All I want with this is to continue having fun, really.

S'all about the fun. :)

Oh. Em. Gee. He posted. :o

Okay, thanks, maybe I have some crazily glorified memories, but I do remember The Great Escape as being an incredibly unique and well executed concept. I'd have to disagree with you when it comes to your talent and stuff, you just seem to have a Fred Gallagher complex. :wink:

I can't think of any other comics even approaching your level of creativity in things such as The Great Escape, Framed City, and the trip through the Passe... damn, I don't know how to get the accent mark... :oops:

Keep up the great work and don't be so hard on yourself!
RagingCynic
Regular Poster

Postby Not damonk on Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:09 am

Heh. Thanks RC -- those words mean a lot to me.

I don't think I have a Gallagher complex, though I do know I am pretty hard on myself and my art. But that's because I'm actually much better than what I am drawing right now, and the reason I'm not drawing better is really because I don't have the time to devote to practising like I once had...

And the Great Escape was a really fun thing, but unfortunately, it was also not as good as it was supposed to be. Too many people bailed on me, and ruined some of the cool plans I had for it.

Ah well. It was still a lot of fun.

And again -- thanks for the cheering up. It's good to hear that some people out there think I do okay with my 'tooning and writing, even if so many others don't seem to think so. :)
Not damonk
Regular Poster

Postby [AOD] on Mon Jun 14, 2004 6:58 am

Arrrgh! There is absolutely nothing more painful than hearing about something big that already happened and never will again. I've heard talk far and wide about this "Great Escape" event, and absolutely nowhere can I find any record of it whatsoever. People seem to mention it casually, as if everyone was supposed to know about it, as if merely saying "The Great Escape" is supposed to signify something, but what about the people who started reading only recently??!. What about us? Oh the agony of 'not-knowing'!

Oh how I wish I could have been there...

And now for a shameless Star Wars quote:

"Help me, damonk, you're my only hope"

@!~AoD
My Comic Hexagon Death Squad

A Comic I do with my Buddy Raocow: Artificial Time XS
[AOD]
Cartoon Hero

Postby Crazykiltman on Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:07 am

not damonk wrote:The Great Escape in particular, I am trying to rebuild in a way so that people will be able to follow ALL the storylines that occured within it, without having to worry about boken links and stuff. I'm hoping to have all this finished by the end of the Summer at the latest.

are you kidding me? that is probably the most awesome comic news i've heard in a darn long time.

seriously.

a fully loaded Great Escape? that's comparatively comprehensible? by the end of summer?

i could cry in rapture.
i wonder if humpty dumpty had ears. i mean, think about it. that could explain his whole equilibrium problem.
Crazykiltman
Regular Poster

Postby Not damonk on Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:14 pm

Hehehe... yeah, me too.

I always wanted to do the event justice, and if I set this up right, I think it just might do the trick. Here's hoping!
Not damonk
Regular Poster

Return to FRAMED!!!