Problems? Solutions!

Problems? Solutions!

Postby Gigas II on Sat May 22, 2004 4:34 am

Okay, here's the idea:

My scanner won't work with the crapbox computer I'm using, so I'm thinking about packing up the metric assload of strips I can't finish and putting them to pasture until which time I CAN finish them. Then, I'll go ahead and start the new chapter (which was SUPPOSED to be Booty and the Beast).

I'm not sure exactly what I could put in it, but at this point I'm going nuts not being able to work on KTP. I've lost everything on my old comp, but I might be able to find some old fanart on a disk or something to use... and I'm pretty sure I can pull some lame crap out of my arse (Geometric Shape Theater, anyone?).

Unless... hmm. Anyone feel like doing a guest strip?
-Thanks, Harry!
Gigas II

Location: Ruling supreme over the primal forces of Chaos in beautiful downtown Stygia!

Postby Gigas II on Wed May 26, 2004 8:57 pm

Son of a bitch!

Does anyone know of an art program that'll run on an 8-year-old computer sporting Windows 95?
-Thanks, Harry!
Gigas II

Location: Ruling supreme over the primal forces of Chaos in beautiful downtown Stygia!

Postby D. on Wed May 26, 2004 10:43 pm

*Thinks back 8 years*

Uh... Microsoft Paintbrush?

Photoshop 3... CorelDraw... possibly GIMP... maybe Painter Classic and Microsoft Expression... the easiest thing to probably draw with is the pre-made shapes in MS Word. Oh, come on. Eight years wasn't THAT long ago and MS Paint is actually pretty good. You young whippersnappers and your Photoshop and Painter and filters and layers and graphic tablets and 3D software doohickeys! Back in my day when I was in primary school, I was drawing realistic dinosaurs in MS Paint in Win 3.1 with a mouse!

...Hey! Come back here and listen to the rest of my rant!
D.

Postby Gigas II on Thu May 27, 2004 1:59 am

The MS Paint on this computer won't allow me to save things as a gif. Or jpeg. Or anything that isn't bitmap, for some godforsaken reason.

Which wouldn't really be a problem, but Keenspot's update-a-mo-tron only works in jpeg or gif.

Otherwise, yeah. I used Paint for the longest time, right up until I started Fun with Temporal Anomalies, which prompted me to get Photoshop. I never learned how to USE Photoshop, but all the really cool colors were fun.

Well, I'm still having nightmares from the last time I tried to use GIMP, so I'll head out and see if I can find PS 3 or CorelDraw. Danke, D.
-Thanks, Harry!
Gigas II

Postby Gigas II on Thu May 27, 2004 9:00 pm

Wait, nevermind. I think I fixed it.
-Thanks, Harry!
Gigas II

Postby Gigas II on Fri May 28, 2004 2:15 am

Yeah, I got it to work. Sort of... the file size is somehow WAY too big, I'm going to have to work on getting them back down to size.

There usually 13 or so K... the three I put up for this week are like 200, 200, 400, so be warned.

BUT, while I'm already here, does anybody have a particular scene in a play or movie they'd like to see in yon Parallelogram Theatre?
-Thanks, Harry!
Gigas II

Solutions...

Postby ZOMBIE USER 19474 on Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:35 am

Hey... so what are you on for a computer now?

Cause I've got this 800 mhz thing that I'm trying to unload that I'd be willing to let go for 100 bucks plus shipping to wherever. I need to get rid of it to make space for my new Alienware pc that should be coming soon. I make you this offer a week or so prior to putting it up on e-bay where I can fetch a good 200 for it with the 128mb graphics card it has in it.... so anyways.... just a slight help I guess. Its not top end, but its not a 386 charity case.
ZOMBIE USER 19474

Postby Gigas II on Mon Jul 05, 2004 7:01 pm

Oi! Late response, sorry.

Well, I'd have taken you up on that offer If I had any cash whatsoever. My money situation is kind of thin, and I'm doing all I can just to get the bills paid. Sad to say it, but this rusted-out 166 MHz shitbox I'm running with is here to stay for quite some time.
-Thanks, Harry!
Gigas II

Return to Kiss the Pan