review req...

This is where you advertise your webcomic to your new audience, and get it reviewed by the community. Read the rules before pitching.

review req...

Postby Ranauxi on Wed May 19, 2004 7:16 am

Hey guys,
I wanted to get an opinon of a new art style Ive been playing with. Kind of along the furry line.

Im debating BW vs Color.. and detail lines.

Thanks in advance

RA
Last edited by Ranauxi on Wed May 19, 2004 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ranauxi

Postby Faub on Wed May 19, 2004 9:48 am

This would be better suited for the TTT forum but seeing as you have one comic online.....

The site looks good. Very well designed and laid out. The only thing I couldn't find were the nav buttons, but you don't have any nav buttons because there's only one comic so I don't hold that against you.

Story: no comment. You have one comic. Come back later.

Artwork: You really don't give us much to go on here either. Four heads in the comic, one pencil drawing that is actually repeated in the color section and three color drawings. There was a fourth, but that only has a place holder.

You have a style that seems to work pretty well with color or without. In the color drawings, especially http://ewdm.keenspace.com/images/dymyx.jpg (the link shouldn't actually work from here but you know which one I'm talking about) the shading looks a bit haphazard in places but for the most part it's good. The shadows in their capes don't always match the direction the light appears to be coming from.

(And on a similar note, you shouldn't link directly to your images. Instead, use an artloader.html. Just copy the source from that link and be sure to include a link back to Yarpsdat's site when you use it. Every image in Keenspace needs to have an ad banner at the top of the page.)

In places, the characters' features, for example the brown haired girl in red, appear slighly off center like she's craning her neck. It's not a big deal but it just looks strange.

You'll probably get hazed for giving your women humongous breast sizes. They're cartoony enough that it doesn't seem to be much problem. I do wonder about Shehulk's shirt, though. Is that body paint or what? No fabric clings to the skin like that.
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Re: review req...

Postby Ranauxi on Wed May 19, 2004 10:31 am

ranauxi wrote:Hey guys,
I wanted to get an opinon of a new art style Ive been playing with. Kind of along the furry line.

Thanks for the review, I'll wait until I get more up, you are quiet correct in your statements.

RA
Ranauxi

Postby McDuffies on Wed May 19, 2004 3:14 pm

*blinks in confusion*
Why did he edit the first post? Why did he quote it later? Why is there no link? Why is there not even a WWW button above? Why isn't a link in FAUB's post working?
Some questions will be left unanswered forever. Unless someone answers them.
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)

Postby Mr Ekshin on Wed May 19, 2004 8:11 pm

mcDuffies wrote:*blinks in confusion*
Why did he edit the first post? Why did he quote it later? Why is there no link? Why is there not even a WWW button above? Why isn't a link in FAUB's post working?
Some questions will be left unanswered forever. Unless someone answers them.

Same for me! :(
Judge dredge.
Mr Ekshin
Regular Poster

Postby Noise Monkey on Wed May 19, 2004 8:52 pm

Gimme links or I'll make my puppy pee on your carpet!
Noise Monkey
Smells of pee

Return to Comic Pitching