Characters in the Strip based on Real Life ;P

Postby SpiritWolf on Tue Feb 27, 2001 9:49 am

It's like that in the UK. Three times on Monday and Saturday, two times a day for the rest of the week.<P>Actually Arno, I really like Babylon 5 too. At first I thought it was great - season one. I also predicted everything that would happen in season one with 100% accuracy aswell, including the assassination and even the freak incident at that sector of space involving that gal actually being the first ones. I got accused of being "damned clairovoyant!" because of that by two acquaintances, that was fun! Anyways, I thought it all went to hell after that - season two - so I didn't watch it for a good while. I came back at season three and I realize now that it was just a good chunk of season two that really sucked, the rest was fabulous stuff! Especially the ol' English chappy Marcus Cole who was always funny, that really sold it to me. ;><P>"I'll remember this when it comes down to the custody of our children ..."
SpiritWolf
Regular Poster

Postby Dubble on Fri Mar 02, 2001 10:06 am

Arno>*L* Oh I've seen clips! Like Sprit said its on very often here. I just never had teh urge to watch it. I could point out Dr. Spock for you though. And stuff does work a little different in Greece, yeah ;)
Dubble
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Sun Mar 11, 2001 5:47 am

Did we get off-topic a tad? ;)<P>SpiritWolf> I know about the UK. star Trek gallore... *L*
You know, I had a different experience with Bablylon 5... I didn't like season 1 much. I stuck with it cause I caught the first part of a two-parter earlier that year on a Belgian TV-station and wanted to see how it ended. then it switched channels, times, basically got messed with and I gave up. I dropped back in with a terrific episode in season 2, and after that everything just... Kept getting better. Maybe I missed the poor half of season 2 though. ;)<P>Dubble> It's not D. Spock! Dr. Spock is a children's doctor who wrote books about raising children. It's MR. Spock. ;)<P>I take it though that Greece shows few foreign productions?
Arno
Regular Poster

Postby Dubble on Thu Mar 15, 2001 11:10 am

Yeah, over here I think we have star trek on every day. Oh and someone wanted to know if I was a trekkie when I explained Terry Pratchett was fantasy/sci-fi ish stuff. Eesh ;)<P>Arno>Oh! OH! Sorry! That's right! O.o See? I so don't know what I'm tlaking about ;)<P>Oh they show lots! Like uh...manga sztuff in greek and uh..lots of disney, james bond movies, other movies, -some- bbc stuff, not alot though, uhm...dr quinn, -loads- of cheap made for tv american stuff...Buffy and dawson's creek are on occasionaly. Friends too. But um. can't remember any star trek. o.O <P>And yeah we got WAAAAY off topic. o.O *shuts up* ;)
Dubble
Regular Poster

Postby Arno on Sun Mar 18, 2001 5:00 am

I find there's something desturbing about everything fantasy / science fiction-like being automatically associated with Star Trek. It seems rather abvious to me that there probably WOULD be more than Star Trek... Even if some people refuse to believe this. ;)<P>Dubble, you get lots of manga? I'm always curious about that. We get little to no mange here at all. I occasionally managed to catch some, but... I don't even know if I'd like it or not. *L* Basically, it seems that the Dutch TV-stations follow the following reason:
1: Cartoons are for little kids.
2: This Manga has material in it unsuitable for little kids.
when they then combine 1 and 2 they are forced to draw the conclusion that...
3: What sort of a sick mind would make a little kid show like this!?<P>;)
Arno
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Dakota's Ridge