Creepy, Creepy as all git in fact.

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.
User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

sippan wrote:I'm so happy to have the name Durandal Brytting =D

To my knowledge, there are only 8 people in the world with the family name Brytting - my family and my uncle's family.

I wonder how many Durandals there are.
The Brockway family is big, huge, and pretty old. It goes back to like 12th century Britain. Chances are, if you live in the south or east, there's some Brockway's nearby. And Michael has been the 2nd most popular name in the world for years and years, so the chances of other people with my name is prett high. So, theoretically, if the other Michael Brockway's started to dissapear, the police would probably think I'm just one of the targets...

*gets black textile jump suit and begins quest to become, the ONE*
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
McDuffies
Bob was here (Moderator)
Bob was here (Moderator)
Posts: 29957
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Serbia
Contact:

Post by McDuffies »

Waf wrote:Welcome, and I did seriously enjoy your comic. Unfortunately now that I've shot through the archieves I have to wait to get more episodes.
Well, you know, everything that has "duff" in name is pretty much the same...

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

I've known only one person with the name Orion, and never heard of anyone with my last name.
Vorticus wrote:I looked myself up on one of those people finder sites. It found several people with my name, but none of them were me.
Where are these sites, I want to try this.
Last edited by Orion on Fri Mar 12, 2004 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

brockway wrote:The Brockway family is big, huge, and pretty old. It goes back to like 12th century Britain.
Hehe, the Brytting family goes back to like the 1920s. Two whole generations back!! My grandfather made the name up because he thought his name was boring.
Image

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

Vorticus wrote:I looked myself up on one of those people finder sites. It found several people with my name, but none of them were me.
Was one of them me???

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

orion wrote:I've known only one person with the name Orion, and never heard of anyone with my last name.
Vorticus wrote:I looked myself up on one of those people finder sites. It found several people with my name, but none of them were me.
Where are these sites, I want to try this.
I just googled 'people search' and 'find people". Sorry Mr. Bob, I only looked at ones who lived near where I live. Don't think any of them were you.

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

Well, I found a total of 10 people with the same first and last name (searching all 50 states) and 4 of them share my lack of a middle name.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

I'm 100% sure none of the other Brockway's have my middle name. Its one of those cool old 30's names you only hear in small isolated communities nowadays. Its the first name of an old space superhero.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

Flash?
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Nah, sounds more space cowboy-ish.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
RLC Davidson
Regular Poster
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2004 4:08 pm
Location: The field formerly known as hill.
Contact:

Post by RLC Davidson »

Han? (or Solo?)
RLC, the Keenspace/ComiGen chicken.

Honour's Requiem - Who says treason isn't fun?
RLC Studios - A random website by a random artist
RLC Studios Forums

User avatar
Brockway
Dirty Old Man
Posts: 3046
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 11:57 am
Location: Texas
Contact:

Post by Brockway »

Nooo, I said like 30's era. It was a comic. And a movie. And a series. He had a jet pack. And it was the 25th century. Should be easy now. There's even a WB cartoon parody of it.
Image
Sharp Hall. - Ya know... don't even go there. Very NSFW

User avatar
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Posts: 5608
Joined: Sat Jan 24, 2004 1:57 pm
Location: Hello city.
Contact:

Post by Mercury Hat »

I was thinking Buck Rodgers when you first mentioned it but then orion said "Flash" so I started thinking "Flesh" and I completely forgot about it til now.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring

User avatar
Grabmygoblin
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 4062
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2003 7:18 pm

Post by Grabmygoblin »

I was thinking buck rogers, but i was like, no, thats the movie "buck rogers across the 8th dimension" but that movie was called "buckaroo banzi across the 8th dimension"
Image

User avatar
Orion
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 2559
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 12:16 pm
Location: Omnipresent
Contact:

Post by Orion »

well they both sound space-cowboy-like so its a good bet that its one, I'll guess buck because not parent would be cruel enough to name their child buckaroo or banzai, even if it is a middle name.

actually now that I think about it, there are plenty of evil child names out there, so we could have a buckaroo brockway.
NJ is also Orion's fiance of sexy passion with the love of a thousand sea monkeys


Image
Image
Image

Nd
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1290
Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
Location: Purgatorio
Contact:

Post by Nd »

brockway wrote:I'm 100% sure none of the other Brockway's have my middle name. Its one of those cool old 30's names you only hear in small isolated communities nowadays. Its the first name of an old space superhero.
That's my Grandfather's name.
<A HREF="http://hotelgrim.keenspace.com" TARGET=_blank>Hotel Grim</A>, the comic with reservations.

User avatar
Mr.Bob
:(
:(
Posts: 6895
Joined: Sat Sep 27, 2003 4:12 am
Location: A box
Contact:

Post by Mr.Bob »

brockway wrote:Nooo, I said like 30's era. It was a comic. And a movie. And a series. He had a jet pack. And it was the 25th century. Should be easy now. There's even a WB cartoon parody of it.
Lets call Brocway Duck Dodgers! (in the 24th and a half Centuryyy!!)

User avatar
Sippan
Cartoon Hero
Posts: 1216
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2003 2:54 am
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Sippan »

Voltron! Defender of the universe!
Image

User avatar
Vorticus
Backrub Fiend
Posts: 6163
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:24 pm
Location: Walking on sunshine
Contact:

Post by Vorticus »

sippan wrote:Voltron! Defender of the universe!
Wasn't he 50s or 60s though?

User avatar
Yeahduff
Resident Stoic (Moderator)
Posts: 9158
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:16 pm
Location: I jumped into your grave and died.
Contact:

Post by Yeahduff »

grabmygoblin wrote:I was thinking buck rogers, but i was like, no, thats the movie "buck rogers across the 8th dimension" but that movie was called "buckaroo banzi across the 8th dimension"
I'm pretty sure my life won't be complete till I see this movie.
Image
I won't be the stars in your dark night.

Post Reply