Forum's Back

Forum's Back

Postby Dustin on Thu Feb 05, 2004 10:31 am

Looks like the readership is returning to something like its prior levels, so I've cleared out all old posts and will have a link to the forum again, once keenspace has FTP back up.

So y'all can go back to not posting on it, like usual.

Cheers

~D
<A HREF="http://adventuresanatomica.keenspace.com">Adventures Anatomica</A> - a jerk in progress

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
-uncofirmed punk and arty one.
Dustin
Regular Poster

Postby Three Dark on Thu Feb 12, 2004 10:34 am

Haaaaaaaiaaaaaaaaargh!

The dust settles in my mind the gates stand open and there crowds existance a void of life
Facelessness opens wide the way and in drifts a void of life
Bringing with it the silence of sorrow and open wounds dripping on a world of white sheets
Three Dark

Postby Ged on Fri Feb 13, 2004 7:30 pm

Nice to see the forum up.

Hope to see more comics soon, like the way the site is going.

This is also a shameless ploy to raise my post count.
Ged

The Principles and Practices of Embalming

Postby The_constable on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:13 pm

"A funeral service is a social function at which the deceased is the guest of honor and the center of attraction. ... A poorly prepared body in a beautiful casket is just as incongruous as a young lady appearing at a party in a costly gown and with her hair in curlers." --Frederick and Strub, "The Principles and Practices of Embalming"
Department of Experimental Gynecology
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:35 am

Holy shit, actual posts. It's all the old gang. Inasmuch as there ever was a gang.

I might as well whet the Plastic Factory appetites of anyone reading this by saying: Gerald, when you gonna get back to me about those comics?
<A HREF="http://adventuresanatomica.keenspace.com">Adventures Anatomica</A> - a jerk in progress

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Las Vegas Dead/G is for Jesus

Postby The_constable on Sun Feb 15, 2004 6:31 am

I thought I did get back to you. What do you need to know?

I'll summarize for the benefit of old PFers who may or may not be reading this: The Plastic Factory went on permanent hiatus last spring, just after the 'defiling Barbra Streisand' episode, in which I appeared naked, humping a life-sized cardboard Barbra Streisand (which Dustin procured for me several years ago, so you also have him to thank for that atrocity).

I've recently begun developing two new strips, which Dustin may soon start posting:

- Las Vegas Dead: From the Files of the Clark County Coroner. Basically, this is pictures of unidentified corpses with a summary of the circumstances under which they were found (with the words rearranged in alphabetical order). It's kind of like poetry.

- G is for Jesus: What if Jesus were to come back as a gangsta (named G-zus)? Or what if the original Jesus had been a gangsta? So, it's a philosophical strip with strong religious implications. This strip also showcases my crappy drawing. Even so, G is for Jesus is far more likely to appear on my mother's refrigerator than Las Vegas Dead. (Currently, the only strip on my mother's refrigerator is one by Dustin. What's with that? How about my feelings, mom?)

(By the way, Dustin, don't post GIFJ05 ... it has an error ... I'll get you a new one later.)

-Gerald
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:06 am

I sent this email explaining how the new update process is going to work, and haven't heard back about it. Just wanted to make sure that was cool with you.

The gist of it is, I can't make the auto-update work for any comic in the sub-archives I set up (so far as I know), and so everything but Nikki is going to be more of an "all new strips go up when I get them" sort of thing. Then I stick a link to whatever is the most recent page at the top of that week's Nikki. So I could still do the alternating thing you wanted but with this design, it wouldn't make a huge difference. I was going to give them both their own archives, rather than throw them all in together.

Man, this is really a behind the scenes look at the rough and tumble development issues that all webcomics go through. I should be more dramatic. More intense.

Anywho, I can get that all thrown together either this week or next pretty easily. I just make some more directories and they're set.

Whew!

Also, I think I have a wardrobe malfunction of my own. My wardrobe doesn't seem to contain a single pair of thigh-high boots with six inch heels and buckles that go all the way down to the ankles. What on earth happened?

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Postby The_constable on Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:53 am

Wanna borrow my thigh-high buckle boots?

Yeah, whatever you say on posting the comments. I have no idea what you're talking about. "Make it so, Number One."

Did I tell you I'm getting married on Wednesday?

-Gerald
The_constable

Amazing!

Postby Ged on Mon Feb 16, 2004 7:09 pm

I would love to see either Las Vegas Dead or G is for Jesus up, for whatever my paltry opinion is worth.

Perhaps if you were trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible you should find someone whose drawings don't look like something out of Highlights (no offence intended) and go with G is for Jesus. Las Vegas Dead would probably creep out a large portion of the audience (Not that Jesus as a gangster wouldn't, or that the old PF strips didn't) but might age better than gangster Jesus.

Regardless of the implications of either strip, I would like to see both soon.

These "developement issues" are already more intense than the ones behind the scenes on my comic, but that's not saying much, as I've updated less than ten times in the two years since I got the space.

Once again, hoping I can improve my rating sometime in the next century, because I care about strange things like that.
Ged

Postby Dustin on Mon Feb 16, 2004 8:02 pm

I think any issues of mass appeal were dealt with irrevocably when we ran 3 weeks of Gerald' penis comics.

Anywho, I'll get those comics up. I'll try and work it so they go up friday. That'll give the links a nice long front-page period.

So... married, huh? Who is officiating the ceremony?

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Shotgun Wedding? Nope.

Postby The_constable on Tue Feb 17, 2004 4:54 pm

She said "how are we gonna get married?" and I said "I'll take care of that" and she said "I think Internet ministers are really sketchy ..."

I was offended and so was my sister, whom I married a year and a half ago.

So we're going to the courthouse for a "legal" ceremony. It couldn't possibly be a shotgun wedding now that they have the metal detectors installed.

We do have obscure math in our wedding bands, though.

-Gerald
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:31 pm

Are you suggesting that you're not a sketchy person?

You guys going to have a wedding reception or anything? I was thinking maybe I could drop by your place over spring break, which starts the weekend of March 8th. I'm going to be down that way as it is, to bring the Monte Carlo back up here.

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Sketchy Wedding Plans

Postby The_constable on Wed Feb 18, 2004 6:52 am

I'm extremely sketchy, but she's not supposed to point that out.

We might have a reception. Not sure yet. It'll probably be late March or April if we do.

You should stop by in March. We'll still be in PA.

-Gerald
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Wed Feb 18, 2004 10:02 pm

I thought pointing out your sketchyness was half the fun of living with you.

I guess I'll need some directions sometime before I leave. I was thinking I'd hit you on the way down. So, some idea of when's a good time would also be something to work out.

So are we using the forum now instead of email? They seem about equally unreliable. Though I don't know if you want directions to your house posted on the forum.

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

House Party

Postby The_constable on Thu Feb 19, 2004 5:29 pm

You seem to respond on the forum more readily than you respond to e-mail.

You say you're coming through on March 8th? I work M-F and don't get home until 6:30 unless you wanna stop by the base. It's cool 'cause you gotta drive by a machine gun nest to get to my office.

I'm off March 12th, but that's 'cause I'm training the police on how to deal with mental patients again.

And no, I won't post directions to my house on the forum.

-Gerald
The_constable

Postby Dustin on Thu Feb 19, 2004 10:44 pm

Yeah, I sometimes sort of forget that I have email for a few days. I'll probably slack off on checking the forum eventually as well.

Also, when nothing's going on, I don't have a lot to write. Like now.

-Goth Experimental
-Malevolent Force
Dustin
Regular Poster

Return to Adventures Anatomica