Moo???

For requests for help from CG administrators, Wranglers, and experienced CG members. Please read the FAQ before posting. Also look at CG Wiki for tutorials and how-tos written by other CG webtoonists.

Moo???

Postby Cinematic on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:19 pm

Ok. This is odd. My site (cinematic.keenspace.com) was on YDK before it died. Everything got transferred over to Butch ok, and when autokeen was working it updated (i think the last update it worked for was Wednesday). And then when I went to check it this evening, the updates DIDNT EXIST ANYMORE. I'm back to February 4--the comic it was frozen on when YDK was having its interesting times.

I can FTP to butch.keenspot.com and cinematic.keenspace.com just fine, and comics past the 4th (up to the 13th, actually) are in public_html/comics. I can't log into siteadmin2 to manually update, but theoretically it all should have updated. In fact, I saw comics up to Wednesday either yesterday or on said Wednesday. But those updates arent on the site anymore.

WHY, *insert deity here*, WHY?!?!?!?

Also, why hallway smell like toast?
Cinematic
Regular Poster

Postby Esoterik on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:29 pm

I have the same thing happening to me. I updated on Wednesday, but now I'm back to Sunday the 1st. I should expect the problem will be rectified shortly.

And I have no idea why your hallway smells like toast. :D
Esoterik
Regular Poster

Postby Mercury Hat on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:33 pm

Yup, just happened to me, Kisai might be fiddling with the server or something.
ImageImage
<Legostar> merc is all knowing, all seeing, and not caring
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

goodness gracious

Postby Isukiyomi on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:54 pm

And here I thought that my comic had simply exploded since all my tags are showing up on all my pages :( But I am not alone in my confusion! ::slinks away to make some relaxing tea::
Valar Morghulis - Michiko Monogatari & Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Mercury Hat on Fri Feb 13, 2004 10:59 pm

That sounds like a good idea, peppermint tea here I come...
ImageImage
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Hank on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:04 pm

Oh good I'm glad I'm not the only one. For a minute I suspected that the last 2 weeks had all been a dream!!! :o
Hank
Regular Poster

Postby Cinematic on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:10 pm

WAIT! I NOTICED SOMETHING!

First of all, my archives are all out of wack... Index leads to the last time it updated on YDK (2/4), BUT pages exist up until today (2/13, friday, when it should have updated). Not only that, but for some reason the text files for 2/4/4 and 2/6/4 got swapped somehow. Before all this everything is fine. So... why is index still only back on the 4th?

I'm so confused....
Cinematic
Regular Poster

Postby Theanonymousbrit on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:35 pm

The exact same thing is happening with del mar 8, the comic I help run web-wise. Weird.
Theanonymousbrit

Postby Kisai on Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:50 pm

Sorry, I haven't been using any time machines lately, you'll have to check manually to see if you are hitting YDK or Butch

start->run->cmd.exe
type:
ping sitename.keenspace.com

if it ends in 7 then it's butch
if it ends in 30 then its boardy
if it ends in 140 then it's YDK
Kisai
Goddess of Light
Goddess of Light

Postby Mercury Hat on Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:22 am

I'm hitting Butch (66.220.2.7) but my page is still all screwy even after closing my browsers, switching browsers, and clearing my cache.
ImageImage
Mercury Hat
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)
Iron Lady (ForumAdmin)

Postby Cinematic on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:25 am

I'm running on Butch (66.220.2.7)... any idea when this could get resolveded?

Cinematic
Regular Poster

Postby Cinematic on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:27 am

ah HA! it is FIXDED! Apparently watching Hannibal can resolve Internet issues. Intriguing...

Still, nobody has answered the eternal question:...

Cinematic
Regular Poster

Postby Faub on Sat Feb 14, 2004 1:46 am

Mercury_hat: I can see Feb 14 when I go to your site.

The toast smell is probably your that your power supply fan has died and your computer is slowly burning itself up. Hold your hand behind the computer to make sure air is coming out the back and that the back of your computer isn't like 10000 degrees.

Of course, if you're living in a dorm and the smell really is coming from the hallway, try to track it to one of the rooms.
Faub
The Establishment (Moderator)
The Establishment (Moderator)

Postby Pixeechuu on Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:41 am

Um... hi.

I noticed the same problem when I got up and checked my comic this morning (which I do every morning to verify it hasn't exploded or not up-dated or something). My comic had been backdated... at least, the layout had. My Feb. 14th comic WAS up... it's just my layout (index page) was back in time a week and a half.

I logged on to siteadmin and did a full page up-date... nothing. So I FTPed to the site, reuploaded my index and daily pages, did a full up-date... and presto chango, all better.

And, smelling toast is sometimes an indicator of a stroke. If you smell burning toast and no toast is burning, take two aspirin and call 911. I am not kidding. No, seriously, I'm really not. First Aid certified. Burning toast smell w/o burning toast = no more brain for you.

Of course, if you're just being obnoxious about the toast thing, then... you now have a bit of information you may never use but which is still good to have.

- Pchuu!
Roommates aren't always what you'd hoped them to be.
[Et-Cetera - a Web comic about a regular girl living a regular life with irregular people]
Pixeechuu

Postby Hank on Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:15 am

When I check my comic in Safari, I'm seeing Feb 6. When I check in Camino, it's up to date. When I check in IE, well, it just crashes IE. I hate IE.

P.S. Thanks for that interesting tidbit about the toast smelling thing Pixeechuu. I was not aware of that.
Hank
Regular Poster

yay?

Postby Isukiyomi on Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:36 am

I'm hitting Butch too ^^ And my comic is back to normal ~slinks away to have her afternoon tea and dark chocolate...hmmmm~
Valar Morghulis - Michiko Monogatari & Tehuti
Isukiyomi
Cartoon Hero

Postby Cinematic on Sat Feb 14, 2004 10:41 am

pixee, no, i dont really smell toast. It's a reference. And I'm very upset that nobody got it. In fact, I think I have to go cry in my room now. :cry:
Cinematic
Regular Poster

still having the issue

Postby Theanonymousbrit on Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:09 pm

For some obscure reason, my index page is now displaying the current comic twice. The archive page has also reverted back to an earlier state. I've checked the /public_html indextemplate; it's fine. For whatever reason, the dailytemplate doesn't reflect any of my newest changes. I can't do much to rectify the situation, though, because I can't log into keenspace. Any suggestions? This is delmar8.keenspace.com, btw.
Theanonymousbrit

Return to Help Center