FTP frustration
- Kisai
- Goddess of Light

- Posts: 3276
- Joined: Fri Jan 01, 1999 4:00 pm
- Location: The Past, the Present, The future
- Contact:
There is a feature/bug in the login.cgi that will direct you towards the correct server if you are logging into the wrong one, but sometimes people manage (using the cookies) to login to the wrong one anyway. This gives the impression of siteadmintest not working or constantly giving the login page when in fact it's just been forwarded to the correct place.
As for FTP. NEVER EVER ftp to ftp.keenspace.com or you shall get a swift Mallet'ing
As for FTP. NEVER EVER ftp to ftp.keenspace.com or you shall get a swift Mallet'ing
- L33T Shenlong
- Newbie
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:37 pm
- Location: At my Computer
- Contact:
BTW, faub, you forgot about "bin", it would be worth mentioning somewhere around "put" in case someone actually decides to use it.
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
I've been thinking about it over and over again, and it really seems impossible! But it's happening. I realize that it must be extremly difficult for you to find the reason, because this whole thing doesn't follow the logic. But facing the fact that I can't log into ftp and probably I will never be able to (somehow) I will have to consider leaving keenspace
Is there really nothing you can do? 
Just don't panic.
I bet Kisai is working on it rigt now, it may get fixed soon...
or it may take weeks to fix that, but rest assured it will be fixed, as soon as possible.
Meanwhile do some homework: draw some comics to have a buffer, design your site, read the manuals, ect.
That way you'll be ready for when it's fixed.
"co sie odwlecze to nie uciecze"
I bet Kisai is working on it rigt now, it may get fixed soon...
or it may take weeks to fix that, but rest assured it will be fixed, as soon as possible.
Meanwhile do some homework: draw some comics to have a buffer, design your site, read the manuals, ect.
That way you'll be ready for when it's fixed.
"co sie odwlecze to nie uciecze"
You are the Non. You must go now, and never return."
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
"1.Scan in high res 2.tweak with curves,levels or something to clean up the scan (or use channel mixer to remove blue pencil lines) 3.Add colour using a layer set to multiply. 4.Add wordbubbles and text as vector shapes. 5. Merge all layers. 6.resize to the web size. 7. Export/Save for Web" that's all I know about webcomicking.
... just to double check, Yuria, what is the ftp server you're trying to log into?
Are you trying ydk.keenspot.com ? That is the server you need to log into if you've just recently gotten an account. YDK is where almost all of the newer accounts are on. And just for the ftp, it's keenSPOT, not keenSPACE.
i'm sorry if i'm totally off the wall. ^^;
-Aimi
Are you trying ydk.keenspot.com ? That is the server you need to log into if you've just recently gotten an account. YDK is where almost all of the newer accounts are on. And just for the ftp, it's keenSPOT, not keenSPACE.
i'm sorry if i'm totally off the wall. ^^;
-Aimi
- L33T Shenlong
- Newbie
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:37 pm
- Location: At my Computer
- Contact:
Would that mean the address would be keenspot? This is all so confusing and wrong. I'm still getting the stupid 503... It would be...
address: ftp://yourcomic.keenspot.com
username: Your username
password: ****
It should look something like that right, or should it still be keenspace?
Also in something like SmartFTP, how do you change the server?
address: ftp://yourcomic.keenspot.com
username: Your username
password: ****
It should look something like that right, or should it still be keenspace?
Also in something like SmartFTP, how do you change the server?
Play StarCraft with me sometimes =D
keenspot is only used when you're accessing the ydk server.
if you can log in with your username, then it's keenSPACE.
For example, my username is destinyjohnson.
i can't log into destinyjohnson.keenspace.com with my FTP software.
i can, however, log into ydk.keenspot.com.
You put in your username under "user ID" (or "user name" for that matter. ^^ ) and your password as, well, your password.
That should work...
unfortunately, i don't know anything about SmartFTP. ^^;
i use WS_FTP95 LE.
if you can log in with your username, then it's keenSPACE.
For example, my username is destinyjohnson.
i can't log into destinyjohnson.keenspace.com with my FTP software.
i can, however, log into ydk.keenspot.com.
You put in your username under "user ID" (or "user name" for that matter. ^^ ) and your password as, well, your password.
That should work...
unfortunately, i don't know anything about SmartFTP. ^^;
i use WS_FTP95 LE.
- L33T Shenlong
- Newbie
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:37 pm
- Location: At my Computer
- Contact:
I'm not getting anywhere so I'll try your FTP thingy =D
Hmm..mm'kay I downloaded WS_FTP LE (couldn't find 95 but I hope they're similar =/ )
I guess I'll just ask you for guidance from here. I can't use the ftp of my site but you did mention that, thanx =D . So if I were play around with my site.
This is what I got so far =p
Profile Name: I assume I can edit this however I feel =D
Host Name/Address: Need help here
User ID: Self explanitory
Password: Same
Account: I left it blank =/
Comment: Read Account
Any other things I'll just wait but besides that I'm still pretty lost
UBER EDIT: I'm so stupid...I got the hostname address and what not right. I still get the 530 Message though. I dunno if it's cuz my password isn't ready yet (Yeah, I've checked my status and it's there) or whatever....I can't get onto ydk.keenspot.com either (I refered back to phalanx's sticky..again..)..I guess I'll either wait it out or..whatever
Hmm..mm'kay I downloaded WS_FTP LE (couldn't find 95 but I hope they're similar =/ )
I guess I'll just ask you for guidance from here. I can't use the ftp of my site but you did mention that, thanx =D . So if I were play around with my site.
This is what I got so far =p
Profile Name: I assume I can edit this however I feel =D
Host Name/Address: Need help here
User ID: Self explanitory
Password: Same
Account: I left it blank =/
Comment: Read Account
Any other things I'll just wait but besides that I'm still pretty lost
UBER EDIT: I'm so stupid...I got the hostname address and what not right. I still get the 530 Message though. I dunno if it's cuz my password isn't ready yet (Yeah, I've checked my status and it's there) or whatever....I can't get onto ydk.keenspot.com either (I refered back to phalanx's sticky..again..)..I guess I'll either wait it out or..whatever
Play StarCraft with me sometimes =D
- L33T Shenlong
- Newbie
- Posts: 13
- Joined: Tue Jan 06, 2004 3:37 pm
- Location: At my Computer
- Contact:
No luck
Whether I go to ftp at yebocha.keenspace.com or ydk.keenspot.com, I get the same result... no luck. 530 Logon incorrect... I've tried everything that's been suggested. I can get into my Keenspace account fine, but even after changing the password several times, still nothing via FTP...
I don't think there's a problem on my end.
Mightn't it be easier for people if Keenspace had a built in FTP system like Elfwood, VCL, or even Geocities?
Just a suggestion...
I don't think there's a problem on my end.
Mightn't it be easier for people if Keenspace had a built in FTP system like Elfwood, VCL, or even Geocities?
Just a suggestion...
Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet sweaty things...
Come on, I wouldn't ask here for help if it was all the way my stupid mistake. I try to log into riotgrrls.keenspace.com or ydk.keenspot.com using riotgrrls as my username. Status check is ok for me (it says my password should work fine with FTP). I checked several times today and still nothing, still 530
Is there something I don't know about like I have to change the port (I do 21) or reinstal my Windows, or put some ice on my monitor?
What can I do? I'm just gonna wait untill it's solved and meanwhile I'll just draw more comic and stuff. Like YarpsDat said: "co sie odwlecze to nie uciecze" (jak to milo spotkac rodaka w takiej sytuacji
)
No luck on "boardy" either
I had already said that I was unable to log in at "boardy"... Is this the address?
http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/web-ftp.cgi
I was hoping you'd add FTP to the normal account maintenance page. The one you access through this address:
http://siteadmintest.keenspace.com/cgi- ... /login.cgi
That one's the only site I have no trouble logging on to. It would make things a lot easier to have it all centralized like that.... FTP in one's account... ya know? When I go to my accounts on VCL, Elfwood, and Geocities, I can edit files, as well as upload new images in the same account. Very convenient.
Seeing as I was approved for my account around December 24th, I was telling people that my first comic would be uploaded by this friday (tomorrow)... but it looks like whatever this Keenspace glitch is will prevent that.
http://siteadmin.keenspace.com/cgi-bin/web-ftp.cgi
I was hoping you'd add FTP to the normal account maintenance page. The one you access through this address:
http://siteadmintest.keenspace.com/cgi- ... /login.cgi
That one's the only site I have no trouble logging on to. It would make things a lot easier to have it all centralized like that.... FTP in one's account... ya know? When I go to my accounts on VCL, Elfwood, and Geocities, I can edit files, as well as upload new images in the same account. Very convenient.
Seeing as I was approved for my account around December 24th, I was telling people that my first comic would be uploaded by this friday (tomorrow)... but it looks like whatever this Keenspace glitch is will prevent that.
Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet sweaty things...
- Faub
- The Establishment (Moderator)

- Posts: 3698
- Joined: Tue May 20, 2003 2:53 pm
- Location: Missouri, USA
- Contact:
Gorga, http://yebocha.keenspace.com/ is on YDK. This means you CANNOT use any tools that work on boardy. This includes the webftp thingy. You can only use tools that work on YDK. Siteadmintest works so that means your ftp site should work with the same username and password. You really should just be able to log in.
Try logging into the link below (siteadmin2). If you can do this your ftp account should work just the same.
http://siteadmin2.keenspace.com/cgi-bin ... /login.cgi
What site are you logging into for ftp? Can you see the default page on the web?
Yuria, I can see http://riotgrrls.keenspace.com/ on the web so it does exist and you should be able to use this address to log into ftp. You shouldn't need to use any other address. If you can log into the link above then you should have any trouble logging into ftp. I say this because that's the way it's supposed to work and that's the way it works for me.
Aimi, you've obviously logged into http://destinyjohnson.keenspace.com/ at least once. There are a bunch of comics there already. You are also YDK. YDK ftp IS working (it is 10:54 CST). I can log in. Does your password exist here:
http://siteadmintest.keenspace.com/cgi- ... status.cgi
L33T Shenlong, what address are you trying to log into? Can you see the default page when you go to http://yoursite.keenspace.com/ in your browser? What about the results of the status check and can you log into siteadmin2?
Try logging into the link below (siteadmin2). If you can do this your ftp account should work just the same.
http://siteadmin2.keenspace.com/cgi-bin ... /login.cgi
What site are you logging into for ftp? Can you see the default page on the web?
Yuria, I can see http://riotgrrls.keenspace.com/ on the web so it does exist and you should be able to use this address to log into ftp. You shouldn't need to use any other address. If you can log into the link above then you should have any trouble logging into ftp. I say this because that's the way it's supposed to work and that's the way it works for me.
Aimi, you've obviously logged into http://destinyjohnson.keenspace.com/ at least once. There are a bunch of comics there already. You are also YDK. YDK ftp IS working (it is 10:54 CST). I can log in. Does your password exist here:
http://siteadmintest.keenspace.com/cgi- ... status.cgi
L33T Shenlong, what address are you trying to log into? Can you see the default page when you go to http://yoursite.keenspace.com/ in your browser? What about the results of the status check and can you log into siteadmin2?
I didn't think I was able to goto "boardy", but that's what Admiral Kisai said to do.faub wrote:...you CANNOT use any tools that work on boardy...
Try logging into the link below (siteadmin2). If you can do this your ftp account should work just the same.
http://siteadmin2.keenspace.com/cgi-bin ... /login.cgi
What site are you logging into for ftp? Can you see the default page on the web?
Yes, I can log into http://siteadmin2.keenspace.com/cgi-bin ... /login.cgi
No, I cannot log on using my FTP.
I'm logging onto yebocha.keenspace.com
By default page, do you mean http://yebocha.keenspace.com ?
Yeah, I've been able to see that for over a week.
I've even had friends try logging on with their FTP's with my ID & password, but no luck. And as I said... My FTP works fine with other sites...
Just not Keenspace.
Don't sweat the petty things... and don't pet sweaty things...



