Anyway, back in Nam....

Which is better in this totally non-related poll?

Pirates
50%
Ninjas
No votes
Back Scratchers
No votes
Random polls which make no sense, not even to their creator.
50%

Total votes : 2

Anyway, back in Nam....

Postby Flabajaba2213 on Mon Nov 10, 2003 3:56 pm

Yeah. I decided it was time to write something. Hopeully, it will be meaningful this time. =)

Today on my college campus, NC State, a group of Palestinean students decided to put up signs and take donations. It was their opinion that the US should stop funding Jerusalems "berlin wall" against the great hero Arafat (sp?) and the Palestinean nation. That was an actual quote. The signs all said one thing, "Ariel Sharon is a terrorist and a war criminal". The donations were being sent to Palestine, but to which organization, they would not say.

Any comments?

Thanks

IF YOU READ, REPLY!

later
Flabajaba2213
Regular Poster

Postby Kousu on Mon Nov 10, 2003 10:53 pm

As for the poll: I am sickened by your total disrespect. You have assumed that pirates must stay away from ninjas, and ninjas from pirates. Well no more! You must know that I am wearing the symbol of supreme coolness right now: the ninja-pirate.

About the actual post: that sounds utterly retarded. It's probably best if the general public stays away from this issue, because the argument is generations old and giving money only helps to keep it going.
Idiom Syndrome <- It's fun for the whole family, assuming your family is a bunch of raving hyenas who are bent on world domination and fine wine.
Kousu

Postby Flabajaba2213 on Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:39 am

That is a tight shirt. I have to order one now.....

Anyway, yeah. It is their right to promote what they believe in. A believe me, I am not trying to be racist or anti religious with this next statement. Since coming to North Carolina, I have seen and heard far more innapropriate statements from preachers who come on campus. Ok, here is a story....

About 2 weeks ago, I was walking back from class. I hear Another preacher telling the students about how they will go to hell if they didn't come to church or something. A student challenged what he said by reciting 3 passages from the bible which supported his opinion. The preacher just started shouting random biblical things, which made no sense. If you have ever heard the comedian Mark Lowery do his deacon Jones skit, i sounded a lot like that. It goes a little something like this...

"For when 2 or more pass through the eye of a needle, so shall the bonds of matrimony fall like the walls of Jerico. What is the mustard seed begenst the lepper, It shall put him assunder. Mary Magdaline never had boils, and Jonah was eaten by locusts in the desert, and parbar went farther than we could have ever dreamed....."

That is just a part. If you have the chance, listen to it, it is funny.

The moral of the story is, no matter who the person is or what they represent, they may not be the BEST representation of their group. Just because this group of students wish to express their views in this manner, it does not mean that all the members of their group feel the same. Now, no matter how much preacher bashing I do, I admit that I have met several preachers who were true intellectuals who could back up their views with facts. These are the people the we need more of, intellectuals.

Anyway...yeah.

Later
Flabajaba2213
Regular Poster

Return to Final Draft