Ideas for swag

What sort of FCE merchandise would you buy?

T-shirts
40%
Stickers
No votes
Comics collections (on CD)
No votes
Original comics (8-10 page zines)
40%
Any or all of these
20%
Nothing
No votes

Total votes : 5

Ideas for swag

Postby Matt Trepal on Mon Jan 06, 2003 7:11 pm

I've always been kicking these ideas around, but I'd like to take a (decidedly non-scientific, admitedly) poll regarding what sorts of <strike>crap</strike> merchandise, if any, you readers would buy. I've mulled T-shirts, and I just found a place that will print stickers cheaply. Do you think these ideas are any good? Just take the poll, but any comments would be more than welcome.

And I'm not really trying to soak you guys, I would just like to give you something more than photons.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby CaptainSpam on Tue Jan 07, 2003 7:53 am

I voted for the original comics idea, but the t-shirt one might be more feasible if you can come up with witty quotes from/about the comic quickly...
- CaptainSpam
The Dementia of Magic - Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
CaptainSpam
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12701 on Tue Jan 07, 2003 8:31 pm

I'll buy anything FCE --- those of you who've gotten an email from me know I'm the obnoxious rabid fanboy afterall :) *makes the final page of Booked Solid his wallpaper, replacing the Capn's Lamia*
ZOMBIE USER 12701
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Jan 09, 2003 8:59 am

Hey, thanks for the ideas, guys. I would like to make original comics, but the workload there is tremendous.... A CD (or print) collection would require me to rescan all my old comics at higher, print-quality resolution and then fix them all again. :o

Frankly, T-shirts and stickers are the easiest to produce on my end, if also the most expensive.

I'll keep thinking about this; it's worth the thought, even if nothing ever materializes.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby CaptainSpam on Thu Jan 09, 2003 1:28 pm

Yeah, that's why I said the T-Shirt idea was more FEASIBLE than the original comics idea. I mean, drawing a complete seperate comic in addition to the normal M-W-F FCE comics would be a pain, methinks.
- CaptainSpam
The Dementia of Magic - Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
CaptainSpam
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Jan 09, 2003 4:56 pm

Well, you're right, Nick, a comic book with a regular schedule WOULD be a pain. Any 'zines I would publish would be irregularly issued, though probably consecutively numbered. I figured that legal-sized paper (8.5x14 inches), folded over, would work pretty well. That's a decent size, and I wouldn't have to really bust my rear drawing double pages, like for the KeenSpace Spotlights.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Return to Fight Cast Or Evade