Helping with TurboCool.

Helping with TurboCool.

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6185 on Sat Jan 04, 2003 10:39 pm

If we are going to do something, lets start. I'll go first.
I can help with promotions, crossovers, and the addition of new comics into turbocool.

Also I'm working on a interview section for this site. (so all I have to do now is pick which creators to interview and what questions to ask. two weeks at the most)

Anyone else want to help.
ZOMBIE USER 6185
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:26 pm

As far as interviews:
In 1993, when the Onion was still basically just in my hometown, they'd call up an artist (Puff Daddy or something) and then ask them right away "Why should anybody buy your CD?" Artists were usually so shocked that they'd just kind of stumble over words unless they were really dedicated to some artistic vision (like Fiona Apple), which was equally hilarious.

By the time the Onion got really big, most performers were aware of the question, so they had something scripted - but even that was cool, because it forced artists to sit and think about why people should care what they make - knowing that their potential audience would be reading. Something like this might be a good lead-in question in an interview.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby MixedMyth on Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:21 pm

Heh! That's pretty cool. It's a good point, though. It'd really help to keep things in perspective. Actually, if there will be interviews, I think a lot of thought should go into what questions'll be asked. You know, really creative and relivant ones.

Hmm. As far as promotion, I'm trying to persuade the local SF/Fantasy club to have a bullitain board or a table at our local Con for webcomics...maybe something could be done for that. Additionally, I was hoping to do something to promot local webtoonists in the Wisconsin/Illinois area.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Postby ZOMBIE USER 11268 on Fri Jan 17, 2003 6:21 am

Tell me where you're gonna hold it! I live in Waukegan, which is like right in the middle of Chicago and Wisconsin. Maybe I could show up or just do.... something.

-chris 'c'
ZOMBIE USER 11268
Regular Poster

Postby MixedMyth on Fri Jan 17, 2003 11:33 am

It'll be at Beloit sometime in early April if'n you can make it.
ImageImage Mixed Myth
Etsy Shop- for masks and gamer greeting cards
MixedMyth
Cartoon Villain

Return to Turbocool