Anyway, on to the point of this post. It's almost a new year, and I'm in the mood to work. (This would be the reason why I want to get everything updated and mail taken care of -- sort of to start over with a clean slate.) People saying they like the comic is nice; it's good to know it's being enjoyed. As much as I appreciate it though, it doesn't help much as far as problems with the comic go. There are lots and lots of things I still have to improve on, and it makes me feel kind of panicky when I realize this. I'm afraid of falling behind and not improving on anything, so I thought it would be good to make this topic.
I'd like for everyone who wants to, to say what they notice is wrong with the comic. It's more difficult for me to notice things because I'm immersed in it all the time -- mistakes are almost always more noticable to objective people. ^^; For example, I'm usually always thinking about the pacing of the story -- I have to pace it for both the people who are reading start to finish, and the people who have to wait two or three days between pages, *and* make the page interesting on it's own, and I'm never sure how that's going because people never say anything. Stuff like that. I'm afraid that maybe it's going badly and no one wants to point it out or something. n.n;;
Feel free to just point out flaws at random, but explanations and suggestions for improvement would be better. I'm doing my part too... I'm studying tutorials and figure drawing books and the like, but that'll take some time. When you're aware that there are problems in there somewhere and ask people to point them out so you can fix them to make the thing better, it works wonders. I never really noticed it before, even after spending a couple of years in art forums, but when I had to ask for help on the piano picture, it really hit home how useful criticism is. Even careless criticism has a bit of content. ^^;
So yeah. Help on this would be <i>greatly appreciated</i>. Please, tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can start doing it right.