*warm fuzzy*

*warm fuzzy*

Postby Gloria on Fri Dec 20, 2002 1:16 pm

Wheee! Full color AF! And Fenchurch! (yes, of course I remembered her name.)

Merf! Happy Christmas, Jim! And to all of you AF-forumites!
~Gloria~
Gloria
Regular Poster

Postby Hortmage on Fri Dec 20, 2002 6:58 pm

Bah Humbug!

:wink:

Shame on Sybil for not at least touching bases with Fenchurch over the past year! I mean, the last time she was seen, she'd nearly frozen to death on a bench!

Ah, well, 'tis the season to forgive and forget, eh?
Hortmage, The Magic Gardener
Making Environmental Education Fun AND Magical!
Hortmage
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6611 on Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:17 pm

Hortmage wrote:Shame on Sybil for not at least touching bases with Fenchurch over the past year! I mean, the last time she was seen, she'd nearly frozen to death on a bench!
We know that Hrosvitha is capable of swallowing her pride, among other things, based upon their last meeting.

Hmm. What would you call a place where serious science fiction enthusiasts went to worship?
ZOMBIE USER 6611
Regular Poster

Postby JimRob on Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:39 pm

LevelHead wrote:Hmm. What would you call a place where serious science fiction enthusiasts went to worship?

I think they're called 'conventions' ;)

And I think the colouring came out well. Especially since I'm finally trying to use complementary colours properly (bright orange/dark blue). And there are some pleasingly fiddly bits, like the clouds in the sky which I put in on the assumption that everyone else has their monitors set to maximum brightness, as they are at every school/college computing facility I go to. So, yeah, I like it. Enough to hold forth at length on it in the forum, anyway.
JimRob
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6611 on Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:56 pm

James Roberts wrote:
LevelHead wrote:Hmm. What would you call a place where serious science fiction enthusiasts went to worship?

I think they're called 'conventions' ;)
Ah. I had heard that the plural of "science fiction fan" was "fen", so...
James Roberts wrote:And I think the colouring came out well. Especially since I'm finally trying to use complementary colours properly (bright orange/dark blue). And there are some pleasingly fiddly bits, like the clouds in the sky which I put in on the assumption that everyone else has their monitors set to maximum brightness, as they are at every school/college computing facility I go to. So, yeah, I like it. Enough to hold forth at length on it in the forum, anyway.
I confess that the effect you're describing
ZOMBIE USER 6611
Regular Poster

Postby JimRob on Wed Dec 25, 2002 10:50 am

Mmm. Don't worry: I've been given (thanks, Mum) appropriate software to do the standard AF shading, so things will be back to normal for the time being.

However, I have to say I'm rethinking the strip's future; Friday updates will continue for the time being, but expect further announcements once I actually make a decision.

Anyway. Happy holidays, everyone.
JimRob
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6611 on Wed Dec 25, 2002 11:45 am

JimRob wrote:However, I have to say I'm rethinking the strip's future; Friday updates will continue for the time being, but expect further announcements once I actually make a decision.

You owe us naught, but you do owe your soul,
And you must steer the course this wind provides.
But angles can be taken toward your goal;
The tacks thus taken add some joy besides.

From whence come Sybil, Frances and their friends?
And is that place well served by what you do?
You're merely scribe, sometimes, as your muse sends
And yet the genius here is truly you.

We're entertained by Sybil's tale and art
And patient with the needs of college life
But we receive, as you write, with the heart
And translate, each of us, her bits of strife.

Though "melancholy" used to note your scope,
It seems to me that "realism"'s preferred.
And that does not exclude the thread of hope!
You speak of this in volumes, and we've heard.

Decide, of course, what future waits for you.
I'm sure that each would join with me, and does,
In wishing all the very best for you,
And we remain: The Fans of Albion Fuzz.
ZOMBIE USER 6611
Regular Poster

Postby Gloria on Fri Dec 27, 2002 11:05 am

*loves on Jim*

Oh c'mon.. you wouldn't leave us without our fix, would you? *looks suddenly panicked*

WOULD YOU?!?!? *whimpers*

Okay... *takes deep breath* I'm a big girl. If I can handle not seeing Devon for 5 months straight, then I can handle going without AF... I hope... *goes to cower amidst the piles of boxes in her room which signify her imminent departure for college*
~Gloria~
Gloria
Regular Poster

Postby JimRob on Sat Dec 28, 2002 6:11 pm

Gloria wrote:Oh c'mon.. you wouldn't leave us without our fix, would you? *looks suddenly panicked*

WOULD YOU?!?!? *whimpers*

Whoa. Of course I wouldn't. I'm not giving up; I'm just thinking about doing something a bit different. This could range from a new 'act' and storylines, through a more extensive re-making/re-modelling (i.e. AF, Version 2), to a whole new comic, name and kitchen sink. I don't intend to rush into the latter ones, though I don't want to sit here in an inert, puddingy way either.
JimRob
Regular Poster

Return to Albion Fuzz