good books

Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

good books

Post by Mitch the Sexy Beast »

yeah tell us some good books you have read. also dont post gay fantasy books that r really geeky and r like the game 'warhammer' (LOTR is an exception)

Lotr, J.R.R Tolkien - i'd say its one of the most popular books in history, with a fucken huge fanbase.

After The First Death, Robert Cormier - just read it in english. very fine suspense/action/terrorist novel thats only 230 pages. i suggest that one.

point being for thread: i hate gay fantasy novels that r really geeky and that arent Middle Earth related hahaah
Name: Mitch Christ
Alias: El Mitchacho
Family: Jesus, Mary, Joseph, step dad - God

Jessy-chan

Post by Jessy-chan »

You dont like FANTASY? How can you not?? Fantasy books are not like warhammer. Warhammer is a screwy kids war game, with very little to do with anything in the Fantasy genre.

Tank girl. A bunch of comics and then a movie. Hell funny. Yay!
Anything by Edgar Allen Poe. He is the god of poetry.
Hitch Hikers Guide, and all its following books, plus The Long Dark Tea Time Of The Soul and Dirk Gentlys Holistic Detective Agency. ANYTHING by Douglas Addams, basically.
Angela's Ashes.
Anything by Steven King. I recommend The Dark Half.
Anything by Anne Rice. Memnoch the Devil is good.
Anything by Cory Daniels or Sara Douglas, and im tellin' you, fantasy is GOOD.
The Sword Of Truth Series. Again, fantasy, but VERY well written.

Oh yeah...and Harry Potter is NOT a fantasy book, its a goddam childrens book! Ack!
Okay, so you prolly all hate me now. Meh.
"When you are feeling blue, remember...keep breathing!"

Burnzy

Post by Burnzy »

Insult warhammer here you are trending a dangerous line.

But you want good books what books are there apart from fantasy and sci-fi or some comedy here is additions to Jessy-chan's list that are also good reads:

The view from the mirror series by Ian Irvine
The Fionavar Tapestry By Guy Gavriel Kay
Before and After by Mathew Thomas (very funny look at my sig for part of blurb)
"The sheep shall be the first sign.
Those that frolic and hop will detonate with great concussions,
The strongest glues shall not hold them, their suffering will go unheeded,
Until the great Triangles depart."
From the Lost Centuries of Nostradamus: Quatrain v11.5

Hazpee
Regular Poster

Post by Hazpee »

Well, I could destroy the sensible thread, but for sanitys sake it will live.
Shut up and Die!

Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

yeah sparks u should really read it, its really fucken good, but takes a chunk out of ur pocket buying it.

lol warhammer was an example, because it reminds me of all those fantasy type war books that r really gay and geeky.

hahaha theres a shop called 'games workshop' that just sells warhammer, and u paint ur stuff or whatever. fuck hahha me and my friends go there for a laugh and start playing. we say 'this one marches, this one marches, this one...*measures figurine* ...this one stands still.' (thats talking about the figurines), and we make up shit that theres a king, and hes always last to survive, but u dont know who it is until u kill all the others...its random. hahaha and all the ppl in the shop stare at us and say 'ur all weird' hahahaa man thats gold

Kaz
Regular Poster

Post by Kaz »

the tomorrow series is madly, they are totally awesome books- same with dear miffy.
i luv nething by john marsden, he's awesome.
umm other good books:
* Guitar Highway Rose
* 48 shades of brown
* Lookin for Alibrandi
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---

Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

cool ive heard of those 3 books, although i havent read them...err ive seen looking for alibrandi - the movie though lol

Rayor
Regular Poster

Post by Rayor »

Books? HA! I laugh in the face of books. *cough* 8)

...PS I was forced to read one of the tomorrow books... I sort of enjoyed it. :x
GO BANANA!

Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

hahha rayor! it just goes to show any1 can enjoy reading books, even if ur a dead shit like me and read 1 page every hour hahaha

Kenda sucor
Regular Poster

Post by Kenda sucor »

yeah hitch hikers guide to the galaxy is mega cool as well as the rest of the series. if u want a proper sci-fi action book read ice station and area 7 by matthew reiley.
and some good fantasy books are from the dragonlance chronicles by margaret weis and tracy hickman. they r great and apparently the main storyline and most of the heroes adventures were created thru games of dungeons and dragons played by the authors and their friends. LOTR rules

that is all
next on fox: Slow Children, Fast animals.

Mitch the Sexy Beast
Regular Poster

sweet ok ill check those out...

haha everytime u post something, i think about family guy (duh...). the best part is in 'emmission impossible' where stewie finds his double...the get into the same 'sperm craft' thing, and they go... (i dunno who says what thing...)

"you came un-armed..."
"as we agreed."
"admireable but foolish!"
*bang bang* ahhahaha cracks me up. also where bert and ernie are policemen hahah thats funny as

Casumsiguess

Post by Casumsiguess »

hmm, I read a lot, but who knows if any of the books would interest you.

~The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath- the story of a woman's mental breakdown
~Flags of Our Fathers by John Bradley (I have no idea if this is out in countries other than America)- the story of life and fighting on Iwo Jima for American soldiers during WW II as told by one of the famous flag raisers's sons
~Macbeth, Taming of the Shrew, King Lear, Romeo and Juliet, and Julius Ceaser by William Shakespear
~Go Ask Alice by Anonymous- the diary written by a young girl during her addiction to drugs and her times of running away and adventures to acquire the drugs she craves

there are so many more, but I will not waste your time with my senseless babble about them. It would be neverending.
"It's not my fault! SHUT UP!"
"One ah ah ah ah, Two ah ah ah ah"
One by one the penguines steal my sanity.
You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same.
I fling poo.
~pretty pretty dancy~

Kaz
Regular Poster

Post by Kaz »

william shakespeare, WTF?? we have to read that foe english sumtimes n damn i hate it, no offence. althoough i love 10 things which is based on the tamin of tha shrew...but i didnt like O, (based on othello) although i sumhow only seemed to watch bits of it....couldnta been coz it was crap, coulda been other reasons...who knows...
oh no offence, i just personally find shakespeare borin !
--- enter a new dimension, beyond all you imagine, where fantasy becomes reality ---

Casumsiguess

Post by Casumsiguess »

Yes, 10 Things is a fairly good movie. I haven't seen O yet, but I have been planning on it. I was only forced to read Romeo and Juilet and even then it wasn't even forcing me, I read it happily. haha, but I'm just a pretty big theatre nerd. I've never read Othello, but maybe I will. ~shrugs~ Right now I'm trying to read A Woman Destroyed by Simone Debeuvoire, but it is translated from french so some of the phrasing is slightly choppy. Hopefully it improves.
"It's not my fault! SHUT UP!"
"One ah ah ah ah, Two ah ah ah ah"
One by one the penguines steal my sanity.
You laugh because I'm different, I laugh because you're all the same.
I fling poo.
~pretty pretty dancy~

Jessy-chan

Post by Jessy-chan »

*nods* Yeah, The Bell Jar is excellent! So is the femminen mystique, a femminest book. Shakespeare was a mastermind, and I like to think I have read the bulk of his works- we have them at home.
Im a BIG reader, more than most, and...wel...yay my geekoidness! And...and...*thinks* Well, the anarchists cookbook is good *laugh* Do any of you know what that is? Myeh.
More later. I have a performance in 10. See you!
"When you are feeling blue, remember...keep breathing!"