New Fanart!

New Fanart!

Postby Matt Trepal on Tue Nov 19, 2002 5:00 pm

This just got sent to me by Caleb Sevcik, writer and artist of the Modern Tales strip I Am A Rocket (and before that the SF Western Zap Jones)!

Thanks, Caleb! Great, eh? I love Caleb's work. But if Sashi was this intense all the time, maybe he wouldn't have gotten exiled! ;)

Caleb's a long-time reader, from way back when he wasn't a paid professional cartoonist :roll: and I appreciate him still thinking of little folks like me! ;)

He means to get a table in Artist's Alley at next year's ComicCon International in San Diego, so if you find yourself there look him up and tell him I sent you. And hey, look for me there, too!
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby CaptainSpam on Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:01 am

Now that's wicked cool. Easy to see how he got all the ladies earlier in this plotline, then. :-)
- CaptainSpam
The Dementia of Magic - Somewhere between Tolkien and Monty Python.
CaptainSpam
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:07 am

CaptainSpam wrote:Now that's wicked cool. Easy to see how he got all the ladies earlier in this plotline, then. :-)

HA! Yes! I hadn't even thought of that, but I think you're right!
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12701 on Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:42 am

First thing I think of when I see that is Splinter from the ninja turtles cartoon. :P 8) But hell yeah that's an awesome pic... maybe you should ask him to draw Portia :)
ZOMBIE USER 12701
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:33 am

Stalks-The-Wind's-Shadows wrote:First thing I think of when I see that is Splinter from the ninja turtles cartoon. :P 8)

Hm. I hadn't thought of that, but I was never a big TMNT fan; it was a tad after my time. You're right, though, he does look a bit like Splinter.
Stalks-The-Wind's-Shadows wrote:But hell yeah that's an awesome pic... maybe you should ask him to draw Portia :)

[Jan Brady]It's always Portia! Portia, Portia, Portia![/Jan Brady]
Actually, it's funny you should mention this, Stalks, as Caleb's first hints at fanart did include Portia. But this is the first fanart (not also done for other purposes) that doesn't have Portia in it!
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Caleb Sevcik on Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:33 pm

Thanks guys.

Hmmm...Splinter...now that you mention it, I did draw him a lot when I was a kid. Musta been subliminal.

As for a Portia pick, I've had one sketched for a looooong time. I guess I should ink it and send it to ya Matt. It is a little on the sexy side.

First though, I think I'll get that other thingie done for ya.

Caleb
Caleb Sevcik

Postby Matt Trepal on Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:43 pm

Caleb Sevcik wrote:Thanks guys.

Hmmm...Splinter...now that you mention it, I did draw him a lot when I was a kid. Musta been subliminal.

As for a Portia pick, I've had one sketched for a looooong time. I guess I should ink it and send it to ya Matt. It is a little on the sexy side.

Hee! Having already drawn her naked, in lingerie, and in a bikini, I'm not sure I've got much room to criticize. I trust you, Caleb!

Caleb Sevcik wrote:First though, I think I'll get that other thingie done for ya.

Whenever you can, dude. Take your time.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12701 on Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:12 am

Speaking of which, maybe you should add Succubus to the ways you've drawn her, Matt. (Great. Now we're going to see a pic of her blasting ME for giving him that idea ;) )
ZOMBIE USER 12701
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Thu Nov 21, 2002 11:49 am

but FAWN was the succubus!
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby ZOMBIE USER 12701 on Thu Nov 21, 2002 1:01 pm

Yeah, but now it's Portia's turn to don the wings, horns, and tail! *LOL* Maybe have a pic of Fawn banishing Portia in Yerz's mind as HIS nightmare? I doesn't look like he can actually choose, since he loves 'em both. A woman scorned is a bad bad thing :)
ZOMBIE USER 12701
Regular Poster

Return to Fight Cast Or Evade