Inspirations

Inspirations

Postby Anchella on Sun Sep 29, 2002 6:22 pm

I just wanted to talk about some of our inspirations...
I know we've all been very much inspired by Zetsuai. Of course you can see this in our comic ^_^ However unlike zetsuai this comic is supposed to be more of a happy "ai" ^-^ But because of that comic my sister and I can't think of soccer any more without thinking of boys love! ^_^;
Fake is another inspiration, at least for me...! It's my favorite long-running boys love (mens love?) manga of all time ^-^ Still, it breaks a lot of cliches in the genre, while we try to stick to them instead ^_-
Another inspiration is of course Gravitation! The anime more than the manga, which is not nearly as good in my opinion.
Other than that are a ton of random boys love comics we like to buy at the used manga store! They're always a gamble but really are very fun ^-^
I think that my sister Mandi is also really influenced by clamp... Especially tokyo babylon when it comes to fasions ^_-
I'm sure there are many more inspirations I'm leaving out though... We've been reading manga for so long, it's easy to forget stuff ^_^;
shounenaigo.keenspace.com
angela.ethereal.net
Anchella

Postby Vampy on Mon Sep 30, 2002 4:39 am

*does a high five*

Gravitation!! XD

Im downloading the episodes on my computer o.o and i have this sound clip thing of Yuki and Shuuichi making out >.> <.< >.> hehehehe!!
- Vampy

"I'll never forget about you. There now, close your eyes" - Gackt

"An empty room, A room without you, An empty room, I am disppearing..." - Luna Sea
Vampy
Regular Poster

Hello~~~

Postby Mandichan on Tue Oct 01, 2002 2:53 pm

Its tough to say *exactly* what inspired shounen ai go... Because we were trying to fit in as many cliches as possible, so of course it draws from a whole bunch of stuff....

I think Daisuki is a good main character because he is shy like a typical uke type, but he is not crying everyday either!! ^_^

Koinosuke... Well, he is sort of the strong silent type ^o^ But he has funny sides too, so wait and see~~

Kei, well, I think he is a lot like Nanjo Kouji in Zetsuai, but less scary and more funny!!! (Maybe closer to the manga version ;D) But he's probably inspired more by real j-rockers than anime/manga characters, I would say!

Ben is just the Osaka boy!! XD

Its strange because the characters most closely match the ones in Hanazakari no Kimitachi he.. But I was the only one who had read it when we came up with the ideas (and I had only read a little ^_^). But I think that has to do with Hanakimi having a lot of stereo types, and so we just happened to pick many of the same ones ^_^ But look..

Daisuki - Mizuki

Koinosuke - Sano

Ben - Nakatsu (I want to try and make them not TOO similar ^_^;;)

Kei - That guy.. Oscar.. Forget his real name ^_^;; (They are only a little similar.. Both have inspiration from Gackt, hahaha)

Masanobu-sensei - Umeda-sensei (OK, these 2 are different!!! ^_^;;; You'll have to wait and see Masanobu-sensei ^o^)

But anyway..... I read a whole bunch of comics, but few boy's love comics (relatively few, anyway ^_^), so mainly its just little bits from short stories to be inspired for shounen-ai from...... Let's just say that the ANTI-inspiration would be BOKU NO SEXUAL HARASSMENT!!! AHHHH!!!!!

lol~

Ok enough rambling~~~ Although its not a inspiration, if you look closely, you can find a cameo from Katte ni Kaizou... But I bet no one reads it but me around here.. *sobs* Keep your eyes peeled for another cameo in a little bit.. XD

Real end of rambling~!!!

--Mandichan
Mandichan
Regular Poster

Postby Vampy on Wed Oct 02, 2002 4:11 am

woooooooooo!!! Lots of stuff!!

I had made a comic of my own and the Main character I named Aya I had based her off of Mana. but only in looks in personality she is her own person o.o
- Vampy

"I'll never forget about you. There now, close your eyes" - Gackt

"An empty room, A room without you, An empty room, I am disppearing..." - Luna Sea
Vampy
Regular Poster

Postby Peoz on Sat Oct 05, 2002 5:04 pm

Yesss...inspirations. Well, the major one for me was Gravitation. I like the overall "feel" of that series more than most. Because I am a silly, unromantic type person. I remember sitting on the floor in Anch's room and wondering about a comic world where EVERYone was gay, drawing and giggling madly. Then I went to Friendly's with the rest of Blase Biscotti and had a lot of coffee and giggled some more, and the pictures just kept getting more and more scandalous! Except not really.
In any case, I think Ang and Mandi and Marty are the real experts on the actual genre, while I just like things that are gay. :lol:
Peoz

Postby Anchella on Wed Oct 09, 2002 3:43 am

I think we're also very much inspired by Gackt's wacky antics ^_^
Anchella

Postby Steve-san on Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:09 am

Hrm, where can i find this Zetsuai?
Steve-san

Postby Anchella on Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:48 am

http://www.japan-manga.jp/jsp/details.jsp?HanID=10616

^-^
It's VERY good. Depressing though.
Anchella