is this based at all on xenogears's plot?

is this based at all on xenogears's plot?

Postby Lordbrat on Tue Sep 10, 2002 12:19 pm

ok, it seems to me like some stuffs messed up... bart and margie? they were cousins i thought... that pretty much was the thing that ticked me off... and a few characters emotions were messed with...
Lordbrat

Postby Kuizero on Tue Sep 10, 2002 1:15 pm

WOW :o another soul on these here forums. But really, did the whole parody thing get missed. people this nothing like the real xenogears. i don't know if the magus and white mage sprites gave it away or not, but it should be known.

*realizes she may have overdone the whole sarcasm thing*

welcome to the forums! :D
" I don't care for the way you used my full name along with the words 'see' and 'naked'. - Misaka Matsuya
Kuizero
Regular Poster

Postby Lordbrat on Tue Sep 10, 2002 2:39 pm

well, i kinda got that it was a parody, just wasnt sure if all of the original character relations were the same, some are, some arent... doubted that was a chance misunderstanding, or for a reason, but hey.
Lordbrat

Postby Yusagi Yotimbo on Wed Sep 11, 2002 10:30 pm

Well, actually, in the Xenogears game, the heir to the Fatima Dynasty (Bart) and the leader of the Nisan faith (Margie) are destined to marry (regardless of the fact that they're cousins). But, you are correct in saying that some of the relationships in the comic aren't present in the game, because.. well, Emerelda never fell for a robot version of Billy. :wink:
Yusagi Yotimbo

Postby Kwyndig on Wed Sep 18, 2002 1:35 am

Any similarity to the actual plot of Xenogears is strictly... erm, there for atmosphere!

Although seriously, I have played Xenogears (well, not all of it, I do have a comic to make, after all) so any character and plot similarities are intentional.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy [Title Pending], and aren't wondering which disk the robot duplicates show up on Image
Kwyndig, one of the most confused (and confusing) people on the internet.
Kwyndig

Postby Yusagi Yotimbo on Wed Sep 18, 2002 10:09 pm

Kwyndig, Kwyndig, Kwyndig... <shakes head> I've lost a little bit of respect for you, man, unless of course you were being sarcastic and I missed that. You haven't beaten Xenogears, and you write a comic using the characters from it? Well, you're entitled to do so, of course, but you really should finish the game. Finish it! Now! Go! Stop writing your comic and finish the game! :o
"Where's the early bird, when you need him?" ~Wakka
Yusagi Yotimbo

Postby Lordbrat on Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:54 am

*eeps and quickly duck tapes yusagi's mouth* dont listen to him kwyn, play xenogears WHILE doing the comic. do not stop doing the comic again!...
Lordbrat

Postby Yusagi Yotimbo on Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:32 am

<mumbles inaudibly> :evil:
"Where's the early bird, when you need him?" ~Wakka
Yusagi Yotimbo

Postby Kuizero on Thu Sep 19, 2002 1:22 pm

mmmmm xenogears.....mmmmm comic......he always makes up for the loss in immediate updates, thats our Kwyndig!=D go playe to your hearts content beccause that is one trippy game!O.o
" I don't care for the way you used my full name along with the words 'see' and 'naked'. - Misaka Matsuya
Kuizero
Regular Poster

Postby Kwyndig on Fri Sep 20, 2002 11:27 am

I should let you guys in on a little secret. When I originally started work on [Title Pending] (which is two years ago in January, but I prefer to use the Keenspace anniversary), I didn't own a playstation of any sort, and I hadn't played an RPG at all since FF3 (6 in Japan, and I didn't beat that either). I had seen most of Xenogears, however, as a friend of mine made me sit through him playing most of it.

So, honestly, I'm just following a normal pattern. Now, I suppose I can play Xenogears some more this weekend. I kind of lost motivation after Babel Tower.
Kwyndig, one of the most confused (and confusing) people on the internet.
Kwyndig

Postby Kuizero on Fri Sep 20, 2002 2:20 pm

ive got to agree that around Babel tower i really lost the game motivation. then the fact that i COULDN'T beat the game because of my stupid 2nd disc,THATS when i had to beat it. the game is GREAT, you should keep on going, becasue what happens later is completely worth it. then again. . .you sorta know what happens. . .

Wow! Mammon machine! that on really brings me back. . .
Kuizero
Regular Poster

Return to Title Pending