Rumor-ific!

Rumor-ific!

Postby Ssedrey on Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:32 am

I just learned from a couple of my friends of some interesting anime tidbits, that may just be rumor, but interesting nonetheless. Apparently, Funimation has gotten the rights to produce Tenchi Muyo! GXP and One Piece domestically. First off, I'm wondering if any of you out there can confirm this. And, second, what're your thoughts on this potential release.

Personally, I'm all for a domestic release of anime and I'm not exactly unhappy with Funimation. It's just, well, I'd rather have the rights go to just about any other company. With the Possible acception of Manga. God knows how long it'll be before they finally decide to put Read or Die on DVD. blah blah blah, disgruntled rumbling.

What do you guys think?
"And so the tomato spoke..." - Ssedrey
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

Funimation

Postby The Total Anime Nut on Thu Sep 05, 2002 6:54 pm

Well, I have to thank Funimation for giving our club official permission to do a fandub of Fruits Basket (even though A: I wasn't able to contribute due to me going home over the summer and B: If I understand the contract right, they could sell our club's dub as the official and not pay us a cent)

As for GXP, I haven't seen any of it yet. I've heard enough about it to be cautious, though.

One Piece I was lucky enough to see an episode of at my anime club. Not exactly my favorite style of anime, but still it looks like a fun, silly series.
This post was brought to you by Almond Joy, but not by Mounds, because I always feel like a nut!
The Total Anime Nut

hmmm.. didn't hear that...

Postby Anime_duck on Thu Sep 05, 2002 10:16 pm

didn't hear anythin about it... but as long as funimation does a good translation i really don't care.

i've heard one peice is supposed to be great, but again that's what i've heard. and after seeing Read Or Die at Dragon Con this year.. man can i not wait to get my own copy.
Anime_duck
Regular Poster

Inu Yasha

Postby Ssedrey on Sun Sep 08, 2002 4:49 am

Sethra, it looks like Inu Yasha is due to make it's official debut on DVD as of November 5th. Viz is the company that's producing it, so I imagine it shouldn't be edited as you'll see on CN. At least, Viz has been pretty good about that in the past anyways.

Actually, that's the main reason I'm worried about the release of Tenchi GXP!, or more importantly, One Piece, is because if Funimation's producing them, we're likely to see them both on CN, and I'm concerned about it's DVD release being edited or not. It probably won't be, but there's a possibility. Also, the dubs for Funimation don't seem to be very good most of the time, in my personal opinion.
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

::whimper::

Postby SethraK on Sun Sep 08, 2002 10:30 am

Not til November?? You mean I won't be logically able to harass the poor clerks at The Model Zone to buy a copy 'right now this minute or I'll go Kawaii Dragon Shrine Maiden Postal on you!!!' for two whole months??? ;_;

This suckeths right royally. Because even when November arrives, and when the hapless clerks give in to my fangirlish pleas to buy it, delivery will likely take several more weeks. I may not be able to see it all uncut til Christmas. Drats.

Same goes for buying it myself. Again, drats.

However, for your news that it will be produced by a company with a good reputation for being respectful of anime.... you, master Ssedrey, get an uber-huggle!
SethraK

Postby Ssedrey on Mon Mar 29, 2004 11:34 am

hello again. I suppose this is still the thread for discussing upcoming anime coolness and so forth, so why let it die there.

First off, question to all our readers. There are a couple series I'm hoping get picked up real soon, but haven't heard whether they have or ever will be yet. Naruto and Princess Tutu. Has anyone heard anything about either of these being licensed in the US? I suspect Funimation might have the rights to Naruto as I believe it also has the rights to One Piece right now, which is also currently being released in the US's version of Shonen Jump. Odd reasoning, but I figure if they've got the rights to one, why not the other? Ninjas and pirates. The age old conflict.

As for Princess Tutu, I fear it will slip off into the depths of obscurity, but I certainly hope it doesn't. I had the chance to watch a few episodes of it at a convention and it's brilliant. Easily one of the best, if not the best magical girl anime I've ever seen. The only reason it doesn't rank number 1 right now is because I'm reserving judgement until I've seen the entire thing. Sadly, I may not get the chance if no one ever picks up the rights to it.

On another note, I more recently finished purchasing Louie the Rune Soldier, and in my niche of the country I seem to be the only one really following it. If you've seen it, please tell me what you think. I'm eager for some good conversation concerning this one.

Oh, and Twelve Kingdoms is really gaining in popularity around here. Most of my friends are already proclaiming it to be the best anime they've ever seen. I've seen a couple episodes thus far, but it was nothing that I hadn't seen before. Still, I'll reserve judgement to the end. Are there any contrary opinions to what my friends seem to be saying? Or are you guys pretty much of the same opinion?

One more note, if you guys ever want to email me, use Ssedrey@hotmail.com from now on. the link to my email I believe is still operating under the old email address which I ditched recently. Excite will pay for it's terrible crimes... So, use the hotmail one until the link to my email is updated.
Ssedrey
Regular Poster

Postby K_One on Wed May 19, 2004 11:28 pm

Damn your new e-mail! And damn excite for causing your new e-mail to occur! Damn it to hell!

Location: On the stairway to heaven , seeking out my goddess...

Return to Diana of the Hunt