SS Character Count!

SS Character Count!

Postby PenChaft on Fri Aug 30, 2002 4:29 am

All right! I was really, really bored and so I came up with THIS (actually I came up with it before, but I didn't save it onto disk before my comp got reformatted...):

The Sprite Show Character Count

Basically, I counted how many times the characters (either SS characters or fans) have appeared...
I have 5 categories...
IC or Plot being comics done by Terra, with a plot involved
OOC or NonPlot being comics done by Terra, without a plot involved
GT being comics done by either Terra or PenChaft, the Gina's Training series... comics are marked with GT.
CRS being comics done by Terra, the Comedy Relief Sunday series... comics are marked with CRS.
Guest being comics done by anyone other than Terra that involve SS characters (or Terra herself! she's a character too!).

...but only the IC and GT ones are finalised (since a few fans have the same sprite as a character in the comic the OOC is hard to count, not knowing whether they're SS chars or fans... I'll check up with Terra on them :wink:).

Now a word about the actual counting: A count/appearance is usually when the character's sprite can be seen on the comic page, and is alive - NOT a picture on a wall - or when it is obvious that the character should be on the comic page (like when Vin was in the bag) or when a character's voice is heard (like in narration or off-panel talking).

I'll get the other categories up soon, promise! ^_^
PenChaft - the colourful oxymoron
home page - <A HREF="http://www.jasonbradley.com/pen/" TARGET="new">Corrupt Eden</A>
hiatusing comic - <A HREF="http://deviate.keenspace.com/" TARGET="new">Deviate</A>
finished comic - <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/chaft_kilanias/" TARGET="new">Walkabout</A>
PenChaft
Regular Poster

Postby PenChaft on Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:19 am

IC Category

#1 - 44 comics - Fiona
Fiona has appeared in half of the IC comics... If you ever doubted her position then you need help. <Terra> She made it into 44? That must be remedied...

#2 - 38 comics - Leah
The latest story arcs really boosted Leah's count past Ace's and Leia's.

#3 - 33 comics - Ace
Ace manages to just be in a lot of comics without actually doing anything. <Terra> Yeah... Must give notice to Ace (and Pen)

#4 - 29 comics - Erin
'Nera' was counted as Erin, but she still would've come in 4th without Nera's counts (narration... ^^;; )

#5 - 24 comics - Blake
Much the same as Ace, Blake has just been there in the background.

#6 - 23 comics - Leia
Leia just missed out on the top 5... poor Leia. =(

#7 - 21 comics - NekoBaka / Avearaethoen
NekoBaka had 17 comics, Ave 5 (yeah, that DOES make 22, but there was one both sprites appeared in, and they're the same person, so it's 21!). Ave'll quickly move up the charts with the planned crossover.

#7 - 21 comics - Pen
Quite a late starter, Pen's managed to be another background-person by tagging along with Ace.

#8 - 16 comics - Kelvin
Yet another background-person, Kelvin has yet to find out the consequences of visiting the Mad Scientist... <Terra> Shhhhhhhh!!

#9 - 15 comics - Nick
One wonders how Nick could possibly be behind Kelvin... but he'll soon get ahead when the crossovers start!

#10 - 12 comics - Vin
Vin was going really well there earlier on... then he sort of disappeared when Fiona returned to the castle. <Terra> HE's not that important....

#10 - 12 comics - Gina <Pen> Fixed! Everyone after here moves up one # now!
After leaving for the GT series, Gina's only had a few appearances... <Terra> You missed flashback in Erin's arc. Gina as a little kid.

#11 - 7 comics - Kyla
A surprise string of flashback appearances has given Kyla a good count.

#12 - 6 comics - Belle
Belle's disappeared.

#12 - 6 comics - Mathew (Belle's dad)
So's Mathew.

#12 - 6 comics - Fiodor (Fiona's dad)
Well, at least he's awake...

#13 - 5 comics - Anna (Fion'a mum)
She may be dead, but talking pictures and flashbacks have given her 5 appearances!

#13 - 5 comics - Terra (The Lazy Artist) [font color=red]<Pen> Added![/font]
Peekaboo, I see Terra peering out from behind some curtains!

#13 - 5 comics - Christian
Erm... Has Christian really done anything other than injure Leia?

#14 - 4 comics - Ran (erm... Terra! is that his SS name?) <Terra> Yes it is.
The only person Kelvin's actually saved from theft, Ran led him to his evil grandfather...

#14 - 4 comics - Erin's sensei (name???)<Terra> "Master" Is the only name I gave him.
Came, did his evil thing, and left. He will not be missed.

#15 - 3 comics - Saleslady (name???) <Terra> She's actually a cameo from RPGWW. Her name's Kadina. She gave me fan-art.
Came, did basically nothing, and left. She will not be missed.

#15 - 3 comics - Deiter
I think Terra's forgotten about Deiter. He just sorta disappeared. In a cloud. <Terra> Who's Deiter? :roll:

#15 - 3 comics - Frederick
The evil man that I have a hunch is Leah and Leia's father, but only 'cause of that stupid 'card web' comic... <Terra> Umm... no comment. <Pen> *evil grin*

#16 - 2 comics - Grace (Gina's mum)
What can I say about Gina's mum that won't cause her to FIRE! me?

#16 - 2 comics - The Captain (name???)<Terra> Like "Master", the "Captain" was not given another name. In fact I think he only has 1 sprite.
Err... yeah... Useless sod.

#16 - 2 comics - Ran's Grandfather / the Mad Scientist <Terra> Dr. Cossack
He's evil. And Mad. Yet his grandson is so cute... How come Mad Scientists always have grandchildren but not children?

#16 - 2 comics - Vink
The pink... uh... thingy...

#16 - 2 comics - Boyd
The non pink... uh... thingy...

#16 - 2 comics - Kali
She made me think all sorts of weird things about Kyla when she first appeared. -.-;;

#17 - 1 comic - Olaf Art
Yeah. He only has ONE comic that's not GT!

#17 - 1 comic - Esper
Ooooooh mysterious blue person...

<Terra> #17 - 1 comic - Ikaias
Yes, he shows up as a kid in a flashback, and he'll be joining the comic. so nyah.
<Pen> Ah, after the crossover, and after Kevin's introduction, and after Gina returns from GT land? *snicker*
Last edited by PenChaft on Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
home page - <A HREF="http://www.jasonbradley.com/pen/" TARGET="new">Corrupt Eden</A>
hiatusing comic - <A HREF="http://deviate.keenspace.com/" TARGET="new">Deviate</A>
finished comic - <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/chaft_kilanias/" TARGET="new">Walkabout</A>
PenChaft
Regular Poster

Postby PenChaft on Fri Aug 30, 2002 5:31 am

GT Category

#1 - 20 comics - Gina <Pen> Fixed!
Gina is one of the best characters in SS, and she's stuck in her own little side-comic, that isn't even being done by Terra! O.O

#2 - 18 comics - Fighter
Fighter had a few narrations that boosted him up.

#3 - 16 comics - Thief
Placid little Thief... sneaking around everywhere...

#3 - 16 comics - Red Mage
I haven't written him very well, have I? ^^;;

#4 - 15 comics - Black Mage
Yeah, he is one behind the Thief and RM. Trust me.

#5 - 7 comics - Olaf Art
Hah! You all thought that he'd died. ^_^;; Annnnnyway...

#6 - 5 comics - Leia
Flashback!

#5 - 4 comics - Fiona
Flashback!

#5 - 4 comics - Leah
Flashback!

#6 - 3 comics - Erin
Flashback!

#7 - 2 comics - Ace
Flashback!

Um... Kyla and Anna (I think Anna) don't count... fire people don't count... ^^;;
Last edited by PenChaft on Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
PenChaft
Regular Poster

Postby Terra on Fri Aug 30, 2002 10:21 am

Are you remembering to check the kid appearances? Because as I noted you missed an appearace of Gina as a kid in the Erin flashback arc.
Terra
Regular Poster

Postby Neonacid on Sun Sep 01, 2002 10:48 am

whoa, majorly cool. That has got to be the greatest monument to fandom ever. I mean, maybe not the greatest, but still WAY way up there. I mean, some nerds do pretty bad stuff, but as far as any none-nerdy fan goes, your the queen. That is so cool...ok, im done. I guess it's accurate from the time you put into it. Very awesome...
Never judge a person unless you walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you talk about them, you'll be a mile away AND you'll have their shoes!
Neonacid
Regular Poster

Location: Whadda ya mean by that? Are you a cop or somethin?!

Oooooooooooh!

Postby CarolineHat on Sun Sep 01, 2002 5:27 pm

Wow!
Cool!
Neat!
That is very nice, Pen! ^_~ Now I must praise you for Walkabout!

Walkabout is very nice, and I hope you keep doing it! (I've been reading it for a while, but I don't want to send you a message over YIM. Usually I just use YIM to help people with HTML. . .) *Coughs*

Wheeeeeeeeeeee! Time to go annoy someone!
CarolineHat
Regular Poster

Postby Neonacid on Sun Sep 01, 2002 8:55 pm

OOOO! ANNOYANCE! YAY! BTW, you should definately continue walkabout, or else! HAHAHA! i'm kidding of course, you should do it at your discression and if you have the time or patience. Anyway, WWHOOPP! ANNOYING, I CAN BE THAT!(the capitol letters imply that I am being offensively loud and annoying, yay -Neonacid sez:don't smoke the crack kiddies :P)OH YEAH! PSYCHIC COP! OHH YEAH! DANCE DANCE, DANCIN LIKE A MONKEY! LOVE THAT INSOMNIA! OH YEAH! uummmm...IT'S GOT CHIIIIKEN LEEEEEGS!......WOOT!
Never judge a person unless you walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you talk about them, you'll be a mile away AND you'll have their shoes!
Neonacid
Regular Poster

Postby PenChaft on Mon Sep 02, 2002 1:29 am

Waaaaaaaai.... I, like, read your message Terra... and then forgot about it. ^^;;

IC Gina has TWELVE appearances... (I can't believe I didn't put that down... I mean, I gave Gina's mum the appearance) and IC Terra has five appearances (3 voice-overs as 'the lazy artist' and 2 sneakies in the tavern.
Also... GT Gina only has 20 appearances... there's one with only Olaf Art in it. ^^;;
-- *fixes them up and giggles at Terra's additions*

Oh, and Terra - in Fiona's profile... you have her listed as 'Princess Fiona Torra of Toria'
Could have sworn they were in Taria, ne?

Neonacid - I AM a nerd! *laughs* I mean, I learned HTML because my friend dared me to (he's a nerd too...)... and you still scare me. O.o;;
Caroline - when are you going to continue Hatastrophe? ^_~

Walkabout WILL be continued... but as I mentioned, my comp was reformatted, and I've been really busy with school stuff and my jasonbradley.com FTP wouldn't start working until Saturday and I haven't done the MM style FF Pen sprites yet but I'm planning on starting a new chapter since I know that I won't get the sprites done any time soon...
It'll be back soon. ^_^;; Maybe this weekend, or the next.
I'm very surprised that people other than my school friends and Terra read it... lol!

Aaaaaand because otherwise I'll forget::: Terra, are the sprites of CC and NekoBaka in comic 19 and 20 sprites of the SS chars... or of the non-SS chars? I'll be able to do the OOC count then (let's hope for the weekend, ne?), and the CRS one too...

I don't know how to count the cards... either in the OOC or nothing... Maybe I can count the TOTAL times people have appeared in cards (ie, there could be more than one count per page)...
*gets a headache imagining doing that*
PenChaft
Regular Poster

*Sighs* Funny you should ask.

Postby CarolineHat on Mon Sep 02, 2002 9:22 am

My comuter is crashing. The little thingy-ma-jiggers in the hard drive are almost all corrupted, and I'm loosing a LOT of information. Hopefully after I install Windows XP the crashing will slow signifagintly.
Because of this we had to store a LOT of files on CDs (Burning is FUN!) and alllll of my artwork is now stuck on a compact disk.
The good news: It's so small I can spin it on my finger.
The bad news: It's all gone from the machine.
It's still on the net, and you can find it's sad litle self where it used to be. . .No recent updates, though.

Expect an update when I am very happy and bounce around quite energetically. That won't happen until:
Windows XP is installed.
I get all of my sprite files re-done. (Retouching is FUN!)
I learn how to use Photoshop and Freehand properly. (Putting little people on one's shoulder is not properly. Putting little people on one's sholder is not properly. Putting little people on one's shoulder is not properly.)
I learn a lot more HTML. Being able to write up things for Clans and RPGs and them look really sad is not my idea of fun. By golly, we need FRAMES!
Expect it to return late this year, if lucky. (Lazy buggers we are. I'll probably sit and MUCK my way through it. . .Geez. Oh, well. At least I have a Cable Modem! Yay, fast connection!)

-.- Okay, I'm done. If my machine crashes it's not my fault. Yeah. Okay. . .*Glares around the fourum and pokes the walls* We have so few people.
CarolineHat
Regular Poster

Postby Neonacid on Tue Sep 03, 2002 1:04 pm

never you mind, I dont really care if your a nerd or not, that's still cool. And, I don't care if i'm scary :) . Anyway, what's goin down with walkabout pen?
Neonacid
Regular Poster

Postby Terra on Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:01 pm

As Pen said School's keeping her busy and she hasn't done the sprites that she needs to continue the story.
Terra
Regular Poster

Postby PenChaft on Wed Sep 04, 2002 3:49 am

I'm gonna start up a new chapter: "Meanwhile" (might change... lol), which is basically "what the hell is everyone else up to since we haven't seen them in about 50 comics or so"...

And I'm sick now (stomach pains)... so... although I'm home, the only truly comfortable position is either on my back with heatbag or on my stomach. Makes computer usage tricky.

And I personally hate frames. ^_^ I will go out of my way to ensure that I can use tables. Then again I've never actually made a web page with frames... but I use iFrames quite a bit! ^-~

But this should be a discussion on the character count... lol... who do you think will be the most boosted chara when the crossover finally occurs?
PenChaft
Regular Poster

Postby Terra on Wed Sep 04, 2002 7:07 am

Leah. And possibly Christian...
Terra
Regular Poster

Postby Neonacid on Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:06 am

hhmmm, boosted eh? well that's a toughy, i'll see if I can get back to you on that tomorrow. But, in the mean time, feel better. My gf had some of the same yesterday, and thankfully, not today since it's her birthday and all. Anyway, I gotta get to work soon so until next time kids, stay clean and dont do drugs. Or have sex. It's bad. Unless your married, or have a prescription. Yeah...

~Neonacid
Neonacid
Regular Poster

*Sad, yet somewhat evil sigh*

Postby CarolineHat on Wed Sep 04, 2002 10:31 am

Oooooh, new chapter? Fun!
*Prods Neonacid with a spork* How do you know about the dangers of drugs and sex? (Not all drugs are bad! Some save lives. . .Some take lives. Is there truely a difference?)

The crossover? Hmm...Well, maybe Leia, and I'm hoping for more Gina and Nekobaka/Ave.But then again I bet we'll be seeing a lot of the cast. . .All together?

Oooooh. . .I started school again today.Wonderful fun, especally scince they added a new building (We're nicknaming it The Maze. . .) and I've walked into the wrong classes more than once! Plus, my nemisis is in two classes with me. Grrr. . .Must. . .Stop. . .Talking. . .About. . .Social. . .Life. . .Grrrr.
CarolineHat
Regular Poster

Postby Alias on Wed Sep 04, 2002 9:24 pm

What's this crossover I keep hearing about? c_c

And I read Walkabout... (I read all the fancomics ^_^) It's cool! I'd love to see more...

Need new comics... must see more sprites...
Alias
Regular Poster

Postby Neonacid on Thu Sep 05, 2002 11:13 am

I'd like to see where pen & ace go. And try not to have them interrupted by either kelvin or blake. Or that prince lord guy. Vince or whatever. I don't like him. He's mean to Fiona. She also needs a little more development as a person/character. Anyway, i'm done now.

And Caroline, trust me, my aunt is a doctor, and 2 of my cousins are in jail for soliciting and usage of drugs, and 7 repeated offendes of a DWI. I know. And, look at my second cousin Nancy. She's only 25 and she has 6 kids, none of which have the same father, and are above the age 9. What does that tell you? Huh, HUH?! Oh, sorry bout that. But it's all true. And I don't want any of that cuz i'm straight edge. Need all that pent up energy when your in a mosh pit. Anyway, back on track now, ace and pen are a definate. I like them. they go together like baseball and apple strudel. Yeah...mmmm, hug...
Neonacid
Regular Poster

*Sighs*

Postby CarolineHat on Thu Sep 05, 2002 4:15 pm

Okay, I'll make a deal with you buggers. I'll write a quick little fancomic so you aren't all bored. (What do I do about Painter? And PhotoShop? Da!*. . .Me no like cussing lost. I do more than enough in a day. . .)
. . .
. . .
. . .
IF! IF! IF!
You sell all of your souls to me. Cash, please. Or a dozen nukes will do. Or maybe---
Anyways, you'll have to:
Not be greedy
Don't push and shove each other
And chortle evilly whenever Pen does something funny. Mostly because I want to torment her with evil chortles.
Chortles. . .Yeah. . .
Well, I *might* not find time to do it, so go bug someone else. . .
Like Terra. Bug her to do a comic. Yeah
A comic. A CRS Filler, yeah.
CarolineHat
Regular Poster

Postby PenChaft on Fri Sep 06, 2002 3:55 am

*giggles*
Not CRS - but CRF! ((and yes, it took me a moment to figure it out... =P ))

But anyway... I'm not selling my soul to anyone (too many bad RPing memories. ^_^;; all funny though), so nyer Caroline, and chortles don't bother me as much as hats do.
*looks at what she just wrote. looks for a strikethrough button*
ahhhh hellie.

^_^ new Walkabout comic should be up to-night (my night - probably your morning/day/arvo...). I'll edit the post if I can't get it online for some reason or another, kay? So if it's not editted... go see! The link's in the siggie (and anyway you should have it bookmarked! lol)

Now a question for Neonacid - what's apple strudel (I'm thinking food?) and what does it have to do with the most horrible and stupid of all sports baseball? (I'm Australian. Don't get me started on how stupid I think baseball and basketball are)
PenChaft
Regular Poster

Postby Alias on Fri Sep 06, 2002 9:12 am

Wai! New comics! Ahhhhhhh...

I'd still like to see Caroline do a fancomic though ^_^ I'm not sure if I can sell you my soul (I'm not sure where I left it last...) but I can chortle evilly and bug Terra. And promote hats. And maybe get more done on that Gina fanart I promised...

Go Walkabout! It's nice to have a summary... but what font IS that, anyways?
Alias
Regular Poster

Next

Return to Sprite Show!