Oh-so-super candy

Justinpie
Regular Poster

Oh-so-super candy

Post by Justinpie »

Are you going to color everyone yellow while they're in Springfield?

KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Post by KathleenJ »

Because they seem to have Duff Beer?
...(also note...that character on the tequila bottle label in the first panel is supposed to be Lowly the Worm, of the beloved childrens' books of Richard Scarry.)

Justinpie
Regular Poster

Post by Justinpie »

So they're in Busytown now? That's in Jersey?

EteRock
Regular Poster

Post by EteRock »

kathleenJ wrote:Because they seem to have Duff Beer?
...(also note...that character on the tequila bottle label in the first panel is supposed to be Lowly the Worm, of the beloved childrens' books of Richard Scarry.)
I never read any of the books (though I think I may have seen one of them, not sure) I did watch the show that was on Nickelodon a while back. When ever the worm character was on all I could think of was how he dressed himself.
Smapdi is a commie plot!
---Maritza Campos

Girl, you must be from another time one where awesomeness was not confined
Cause awesomeness is awesome, baby
But not like you, you're so awesome I say yeah
How'd you get so awesome, baby?
From drinking lots of awesome juice?
The awesome juice has worked, hooray awesomeness ooh-ooh

KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Post by KathleenJ »

I picture him using his tail end to throw his pimp hat onto his head, and then jumping into his one shoe.
Never mind that he seemed to own and drive a vehicle without the luxury of arms.
Heh, has anyone here ever watched the show The Oblongs? The dad (voiced by Will Ferrel!) has no arms or legs, and in one episode he drops the kids off somewhere in the car, and then he's like "Wait a minute! How was I driving?!"

Balloonfrogspider
Regular Poster

Post by Balloonfrogspider »

I tried to repress the fact that you liked the Oblongs.
Next thing I know you'll be quoting Mission Hill.
"It's Kafka-esque!"
"When life gives you a lemon sell that baby on eBay. Those people will buy anything."
<A HREF="http://spiderfrogballoon.keenspace.com">It's like a kick in the groin, but in that sexy way.</A>

KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Post by KathleenJ »

Ha, I liked both those shows back when they were on!
Wanna make something of it, punk?

EteRock
Regular Poster

Post by EteRock »

kathleenJ wrote:Ha, I liked both those shows back when they were on!
Wanna make something of it, punk?

Oh they're on again if you didn't know. On Cartoon Network's sunday night Adult Swim
Smapdi is a commie plot!
---Maritza Campos

EteRock
Regular Poster

Post by EteRock »

kathleenJ wrote:I picture him using his tail end to throw his pimp hat onto his head, and then jumping into his one shoe.
Never mind that he seemed to own and drive a vehicle without the luxury of arms.
Heh, has anyone here ever watched the show The Oblongs? The dad (voiced by Will Ferrel!) has no arms or legs, and in one episode he drops the kids off somewhere in the car, and then he's like "Wait a minute! How was I driving?!"

Pfft. :D That's right he did have a pimp hat.

I wonder how many untold accidents there were.
I think I smell a cover up.
Smapdi is a commie plot!
---Maritza Campos

Justinpie
Regular Poster

Post by Justinpie »

Canada doesn't get Adult Swim (or Cartoon Network, for that matter) - Poor Kat's had to watch Aqua Teens and Sealab via Kazaa downloads.

KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Post by KathleenJ »

Yeah, Cartoon Network's not standard in Canada. I think the only way to get it is with some kind of uber satellite hookup.
It's odd...we seem to get all the Cartoon Network kids' shows on other channels (it's easy to find the Powerpuff Girls, and Dexter's Lab, and Johnny Bravo), but we get close to nil of the same adult shows. We got both Mission Hill and Oblongs before they were on the Cartoon Network, but now I'm pretty sure they've disappeared here.
Our cable cartoon channel is Teletoon, and its late night adult menu is called Teletoon Unleashed. (Although they seem to have forgotten to update the website when they switched most of the shows on it around a couple months ago.)
The entire channel's pretty much a mishmash of cartoons from every company and studio. We've got old/retro Warner and Hanna-Barbera and Marvel Comics cartoons, Nelvana, some Cartoon Network borrowings, some miscellaney, and a whole lot of homegrown Canadian stuff.

Justinpie
Regular Poster

Post by Justinpie »

Teletoon has a show where Archie and Jughead the rest of the Riverdale gang team up to solve mysteries.
SERIOUSLY.

Joe van der Gonz
Regular Poster

Post by Joe van der Gonz »

Yes. I have seen this show. It makes babies cry and puppies whimper.

Even more than the actual COMIC BOOKS do.

That's quite a feat.

KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Post by KathleenJ »

Yeah, this show is so necessary it hurts.
And, surprisingly, it's not the Scooby Doo-style "pull off the mask and it's the amusement park owner" style of mystery. Archie and his posse battle actual supernatural forces. Like, I saw one about a demon who fed off of people's sin of greed, or something.
:o
Just go back to your soft-core sexual harassment, Arch.

Joe van der Gonz
Regular Poster

Post by Joe van der Gonz »

One of the comic books based on the show (based on a comic book - woagh...) was about an invasion force of superintelligent rats taking over their town. Rats. Smart ones.

Yeah.

Why would suddenly brilliant rats decide to use their newfound intelligence to invade Archietown? That's like winning the lottery, then spending it all at McDonalds.

ZOMBIE USER 6185
Regular Poster

Post by ZOMBIE USER 6185 »

When Compared to the Cartoon Network, TeleToon Blows.

It's probably due to the fact that TeleToon does not have the money to buy good cartoons. And Because it is a Canadian Station, It has to show a certain amount of Canadian programming (or they get fined, or some junk).

Personally I think the only cartoon worth watching on TeleToon is "Undergrads".

Justinpie
Regular Poster

Post by Justinpie »

That's lame. We can show any crazy crap we want in America...
AND DO.

EteRock
Regular Poster

Post by EteRock »

Ah the wonders of living in a country where shows like Alf and Full House are readily avalible.

I must say that I'm a big fan of watching old obscure crap cartoons. I like making fun of them :) I think my two favorite of that category are "Space Ghost and Dino Boy" and "the Herculoids", where the dreaded and most feared 'two-eyed-six-legged spider' is sure to cause trouble.
Smapdi is a commie plot!
---Maritza Campos

KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Post by KathleenJ »

Ooh...sometimes I think I like making fun of crappy old shows better than I like watching shows of quality.
There's a channel here which, in the afternoons, shows nothing but horrible and laughable late 80s/early 90s sitcoms. It's got "Full House", "Blossom", "Sister, Sister", and the truly reeky "Charles in Charge" (starring Scott Baio!) It's too much of a brain melt if you tune in to these too often, but viewed once in a while, they're hilarious, in a campy and grotesque sort of way.
And old obscure bad cartoons are even better. ...I should download some - there's not nearly enough available on TV.
There's some great fromage that's not so obscure...the old sixties Incredible Hulk cartoon is the worst piece of "animation" (and I use the term loosely) I've ever seen. And I always liked that old Hercules cartoon...the one where Daedelus was the villian, and in almost every episode he invented the same damn magic mask.
Classic.