Books I'm reading

Books I'm reading

Postby EteRock on Mon Jul 29, 2002 3:52 pm

The current book I'm reading right now is Clan of the Cave Bear. I'm about half way through it now, page 252 of about 500.

It's pretty interesting. It's about a group of cavemen finding and basically adopting a little girl who's lets say more evolved. The best way I can describe it is Neanderthals finding and taking care of a cro-magna girl. Least that's how I'd put it, I might be off. I don't know about the specifics in human evolution.

So far it's pretty good. I like the detail but into it. How they made tools, what plants they used and for what purpose. Broud is a total arrogant asshole and I hate him. Not so much for his treatment of Ayla but for his "I'm the son of the leader I'm going to be leader someday I'm better than anyone else" attitude.

The parts I get a good laugh at (and I don't know why) is any time one of the Clan (who are described a somewhat ape like) refer to Ayla (who has long straight legs, a small nose, high forehead that doesn't slant backwards, blue eyes, blonde hair) as ugly. "She'd make a man a good mate is only she wasn't so ugly"
Smapdi is a commie plot!
---Maritza Campos

Girl, you must be from another time one where awesomeness was not confined
Cause awesomeness is awesome, baby
But not like you, you're so awesome I say yeah
How'd you get so awesome, baby?
From drinking lots of awesome juice?
The awesome juice has worked, hooray awesomeness ooh-ooh
EteRock
Regular Poster

Re: Books I'm reading

Postby EteRock on Fri Aug 09, 2002 2:28 pm

Well I finished it (acutally did a couple days ago). It was pretty good though I don't think I'd be interested in reading the rest of the series.

I really hated Broud at the end of the book and wished he died. I fear for the rest of the clan cause his leadership will surely be crap. And you can tell he'll be a bad leader by the fact that he used his position for revenge.
Smapdi is a commie plot!
---Maritza Campos

Girl, you must be from another time one where awesomeness was not confined
Cause awesomeness is awesome, baby
But not like you, you're so awesome I say yeah
How'd you get so awesome, baby?
From drinking lots of awesome juice?
The awesome juice has worked, hooray awesomeness ooh-ooh
EteRock
Regular Poster

Return to Smapdi