Goat Sucker

Postby Justinpie on Mon Aug 05, 2002 8:05 am

Here are some of my favorite games to play when I worked in
retail:

"No Hablo Ingles, Senor"

"That is a 'Universal-sized' Battery"

See What Powdery Substances I Can Make into Cotton Candy

Convince Customers That There Is Human Urine in Dr. Pepper

Pretend We Have Plenty of Something in Stock When a Customer Calls To Ask, Then Use a Phony Voice When They Arrive and Realize It Was A Lie.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Mon Aug 05, 2002 9:59 am

I was led to believe this topic would be about goatsuckers.
Which are also, honest to God, a species of bird!
ha ha ha!
More fnu retail games:
"I don't have to help you if you can't catch me and make eye contact!", AKA "Hide and Go Lurk"
Paging fictional personnel. "Well, I hope Pedro is in, because he's the only one who knows about that. Pedro to aisle four, please, Pedro to aisle four..."
Shopping cart surfing.
Escalator surfing.
Those-stockroom-thingies surfing.
Extreme Sport version: shopping cart ON the escalator.
"Ne parle pas l'anglais, monseiur."
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Postby Dalhar on Tue Aug 06, 2002 11:37 am

Heeh, I was planning on using that in the "this or that" thread.
"Goat sucker or.."

But I couldn't find an equivalent.
Dalhar
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6185 on Tue Aug 06, 2002 2:31 pm

*shudder* Getting flashbacks from working in retail.

ANYwho
this a retail game, but one for the customers/mallrats/whatever.

It's called Gap-Tag:
The obejct of the game is to go Into The Gap and to try and touch all four walls and walk out without any of the employees talking to you. If they do, you lose. It's especially harder when they position a greeter at the front of the gap.

*shudder* Getting flashbacks from going to the Gap
ZOMBIE USER 6185
Regular Poster

Job Fun

Postby Al_fayyed on Tue Aug 06, 2002 8:31 pm

kathleenJ wrote:More fnu retail games:
"Ne parle pas l'anglais, monseiur."

It's "no habla ingles" in the United States, but I don't think anyone would believe for a moment that I'm hispanic.

Actually, my big thrill of the day involving misdirecting people comes with the telemarketers who call my place of work looking for the man in charge. He's not available. He's pretty much never available; he's hired everyone so that he and his wife and his kid can go off and do adorable family things on one of his yachts. Furthermore, unlike the rest of the company, he doesn't check his voicemail, so we actually have to take pencil-and-paper messages for the Big Boss.

I'm always coming up with new ways to tell them that the owner of the company is not available. I started by saying that "he comes and goes like the wind" until that got boring. I think by the time I leave for law school, I'll be claiming that he's the invisible man, or that he's managing his Cayman accounts, or something.

This is my other big thrill at work -- I'm posting it everywhere I can so that mini-marts across North America can stock it:
I love 'em. Isu-kun calls them "volatile." But, if you look closely, you'll see that the Union of Orthodox Rabbis considers them kosher and dairy!

And if they were dangerous, why would the Pennsylvania Department of Agriculture okay them?

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Wed Aug 07, 2002 7:14 am

Are these people paying you, Akhmed?
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Payment

Postby Al_fayyed on Wed Aug 07, 2002 2:54 pm

If only they were. I should get paid to flog Hot Cheese Curls. It would be more fun than trying to sell Yucca Mountain, which I used to do.

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Wed Aug 07, 2002 9:45 pm

I don't think we have those in Canada! Shame...they look good.
This is my favorite snack related thrill...I wish I could make a career of eating these chips.
And in searching for the picture, I stumbled upon this website...
http://www.taquitos.net/
Checketh it out...it's like a database of reviews of hundreds and hundreds of snacks!
...I'm not sure about the word "Interweb", but the rest is cool!
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

A slight misstatement

Postby Al_fayyed on Thu Aug 08, 2002 8:23 am

Taquitos.net wrote:Q: I really need to get some ketchup chips, but I can't find any in my area. How can I get some?

A: The best solution would be to move to Canada, where ketchup chips are readily available just about everywhere. (Most current residents of Canada moved there in order to have easier access to ketchup chips.) The next best thing would be to take a vacation there. If you can't do that, get some regular potato chips and dip them in ketchup.

NOT TRUE!

Michael Antink from the Herr's store 'testimonials' page wrote:I just love the Ketchup Flavored Chips, I was also wondering if you have any plans to expand to the Saint Louis, MO Region?

I can find ketchup chips in my local supermarket; they're from the Pennsylvania chip combine Herr's (click the drop-down menu to see it) by way of a tie-in with the Heinz company, also located in Pennsylvania.

I have found the Herr's "Heinz Ketchup" potato chips at every Food Lion I've been to, so much of the traditional American South has been exposed to them.

I was hoping Herr's shipped to Canada, but evidently on the online store it slipped their minds. So you might want to call their toll-free number for hot cheese curl goodness. 1-800-63-SNACK. I love it.

But back to previous crisps -- do Mrs. Vickies use real malt vinegar, or do they play that horrible trick with sour salt and lactic acid like most other companies do? So few companies truly vinegar their chips, and after a while the sour salt just gets to me.

By the way, we should join the Snack Foods Association. Sure, we don't have a snack food company, but I bet the conventions are great.

- Akhmed
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6185 on Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:22 pm

Get some regular chips and dip them in Ketchup? To me that just sounds wrong.I dunno why, but it does.

If lays makes a Ketchup chip, how hard can it be to find?
ZOMBIE USER 6185
Regular Poster

Postby Justinpie on Thu Aug 08, 2002 12:40 pm

I'm pretty sure that Miss Vickie's uses the real Malt Vinegar, but I think that Kettle Chips (which are about as close as it gets, and more readily available) use different ingredients depending on what's cheapest to attain at a given time.

And even though Lay's makes a ketchup chip, they're only circulated in certain areas (same with Old Dutch, which makes chips both in Canada and America, yet Ketchup Flavor is only found in Canada.)
It's like how Kat's region doesn't have Cherry Coke (which is reflected in a Coolville storyline) even though they carry every other type of Coke there - even the new Vanilla Coke flavor.

Speaking of, do you guys get Pepsi Blue in the rest of the world yet, or is that only in the midwest still?

And Akhmed, I think you can solve all of your problems by cross-marketing Bhag characters in with Herr's snacks, a la Andy Capps' Cheese Fries.
Justinpie
Regular Poster

Andy Capp's products

Postby Al_fayyed on Thu Aug 08, 2002 3:26 pm

Unfortunately, Herr's doesn't make Andy Capp's. That licensed product is part of ConAgra. I do like Cheddar Fries, BBQ Fries, and Salsa Fries, but I'm not sure I like them as much as Hot Cheese Curls. Maybe the cheddar fries.

I have heard of Pepsi Blue on the East Coast, but I have not seen it yet. I will now actually look out for it.
Al_fayyed
Regular Poster

Postby KathleenJ on Sun Aug 18, 2002 9:26 pm

I tried Pepsi Blue, and I liked it even though I don't like Pepsi! It's like cola, but with a blueberry/raspberry thing going on.
KathleenJ
Cartoon Hero

Return to Coolville