happy 4th!

happy 4th!

Postby Flurf on Tue Jul 02, 2002 11:21 pm

well, i'm leaving for anime expo tomorrow mid-day, so i'll be internet-less for the next several days. happy 4th of july to everyone while i'm gone!

i'll be playing with my new toy [4 megapixel camera ^_^] during the con, so if people are interested i can try posting some pics when i get back if i can find hosting space for them.

hopefully all the burgers they have out there will be cooked. not to rain on mory's eating habits, but that's a bit disturbing... ^^;;
<I>It is good to be well known, but it is better to be known as strange.</I>
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

ano...

Postby Flurf on Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:37 am

well, i survived the con. ^_^ ended up taking 477 pictures, totalling over 300 megabytes in size. kinda hard to just put all that on-line...

anyway, it was really neat getting to meet watsuki-san [the creator and manga artist of rurouni kenshin]. he signed my vol. #1 and doodled a tiny kenshin on the inside cover going 'oro'. wai! ^_^

ah, well. more info when i find a place to store everything.

hope everyone got to enjoy the weekend!
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

Ooorooo!

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Wed Jul 10, 2002 12:42 pm

wb Flurf! :D It's good to have you with us again!

....You met Kenshin's creator?! ;___; Envy! Dammit, I need to go to some cons... Lindsey's met my favorite author, Kaido met a hobbit, now Kenshin! I feel so left out.. ;_;

But yeah... XD;; Glad you had fun, Flurf! Show pics!
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

gomen...

Postby Flurf on Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:37 am

hmm, this is taking longer than i would have hoped...

i thought that i'd have a bunch of free time after ax to compress/annotate all of the pics i took, but i ended up spending a bunch of time driving between van nuys and pasadena. i'm moving back to pasadena this month before i start grad school, and 'cause my roommate is in texas this week, i get to look at all the places, take a bazillion pics, and put that on a website instead...

the good news is that we found a place we both like, and i submitted the application paperwork yesterday! it ain't cheap, but it's 3 blocks away from where my roommate is going to school [caltech] and a shorter drive for me to where i'm going to school [usc, which is in a lousy neighborhood residence-wise]. so hopefully i can put up some ax pics on monday.

in the meantime, have fun looking at my apartment pics here. ^_^ (sorry it's geocities; brinkster isn't giving me a free account for some reason, and i didn't know any other places too well...)
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

they're up!

Postby Flurf on Tue Jul 16, 2002 3:39 pm

it took me long enough to figure out how to put the (&^$@!$% things on my ugcs account... here they are, or at least the first third or so of them.

please let me know if there's anything i can fix - it's the first website like this that i've ever thrown together... ^^;;
- Takeshi Kaga
Flurf
Regular Poster

D00d..

Postby ZOMBIE USER 5255 on Mon Jul 29, 2002 5:15 pm

*laughs!* I finally got the time to go through all those pictures.. Massive impressive, Flurf. XD I wish I had the nerve to go to a convention... But someone shoot me if I ever think of cosplaying. There's no way I could compete with the people who did a good job, and the people who did a bad job.. I don't want to be among their ranks. ^^;;;

I've got to be the only manga artist who will go to a Renaissance Faire before an Anime Convention. XP;

(edit)To help your random character plight a bit, Flurf, the girl in picture 109 is a random girl in FFX who helps out and eventually becomes Captain of the Guard or something. I can't recall if they mentioned her name. ^^;; (/edit)
ZOMBIE USER 5255
Regular Poster

Return to Mory's Education