Relaunch (minor July 2nd '02 spoiler)

Relaunch (minor July 2nd '02 spoiler)

Postby Schissel on Tue Jul 09, 2002 11:25 pm

(spoilers...)
-----

I'm hoping Zvee and Colone are closer than 'Scii thinks...

That said...

I like the story so far.
I'm interested by the choice to change the title of the site. Hadn't noticed it before.
Again, looking forward to the continuation, very much so. I guess it's not clear to me if this happens before or after the events of OMW (or during...), though!
Eric Schissel
My beliefs are firmly rooted in my recollection of the gist of my understanding of the gestalt of the overall issue, more or less, dang it!
Schissel
Regular Poster

Timelines, site layout, stuff...

Postby Quoting_mungo on Wed Jul 10, 2002 8:44 am

Oh, I had lots of fun with those little comments by all the headers. I'm going to add in a teaserbox below the warning graphic, about the same look as the 'Space newsbox, I think. Not definite yet, but I'm considering... I've got a newly-inked frame of some-months-into-the-future that would look spiffy there.

As for the story, it is set after OMW, definitely. If we're going to take it really, really rough:

On Mythics' Wings
'Rose goes to Avelyon, kills a few people, discovers about his son, tries to make up for Lady Sevva's death and is hanged. Just barely rescued by Zvee, forced to wear heavy scarf to support his neck for undefined amount of time.
'Rose goes to the Islands of the Sun, I assume he had a job there, either case he kills a minor merchant and is sentenced to lifetime slavery. Just barely escapes a death sentence after magically flinging one of his owner's guests into a wall, is set to fight beasts for public amusement, but was a bit too suicidal... Escaped.
Then comes the story. Something like that.
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Re: Timelines, site layout, stuff...

Postby Schissel on Thu Jul 11, 2002 2:22 am

quoting_mungo wrote:Oh, I had lots of fun with those little comments by all the headers. I'm going to add in a teaserbox below the warning graphic, about the same look as the 'Space newsbox, I think. Not definite yet, but I'm considering... I've got a newly-inked frame of some-months-into-the-future that would look spiffy there.

(looking silly) (not too hard for you, horsie) (when I want your advice, Cleo...) (you'll ask for it? just who do you take me for?) (*g*anyhow, on with the point...) (I... think I missed something there.) Some months into the future meaning presumably after the story in question, not after the "present" and main timeline...?

As for the story, it is set after OMW, definitely. If we're going to take it really, really rough:

On Mythics' Wings
'Rose goes to Avelyon, kills a few people, discovers about his son, tries to make up for Lady Sevva's death and is hanged. Just barely rescued by Zvee, forced to wear heavy scarf to support his neck for undefined amount of time.
'Rose goes to the Islands of the Sun, I assume he had a job there, either case he kills a minor merchant and is sentenced to lifetime slavery. Just barely escapes a death sentence after magically flinging one of his owner's guests into a wall, is set to fight beasts for public amusement, but was a bit too suicidal... Escaped.
Then comes the story. Something like that.

And looking forward to seeing how you fill that in...
Writing very brief summaries of long stories generally makes for interesting necessary elisions, of course... ! ;)
Site looks fine through Mozilla 1.1a on a Mac G3 iBook, too, by the by. (Will have to see it on other machines to see if "fine" = "the way you wanted it to look," however!)

Eric Schissel
My beliefs are firmly rooted in my recollection of the gist of my understanding of the gestalt of the overall issue, more or less, dang it!
Schissel
Regular Poster

Actually...

Postby Quoting_mungo on Thu Jul 11, 2002 3:48 am

Some months of normal updates into the future. Which is a bit into the storyline, but still same ol' storyline. *g* Would've posted in March or so, had I not taken that hiatus.

Hopefully, sorta the way I wanted it to look. Although there was a tag somewhere that I missed, that made everything messy, and the site unviewable in Netscape. It's fixed in the version lying on my harddrive, but I haven't uploaded that yet. Heh. Lazy me.
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Re: Actually...

Postby Schissel on Thu Jul 11, 2002 4:18 am

quoting_mungo wrote:Some months of normal updates into the future. Which is a bit into the storyline, but still same ol' storyline. *g* Would've posted in March or so, had I not taken that hiatus.

Ah, so you admit it- every move, planned and calculated (gets dragged off the stage by the Peter Sellars Pink Panther Copyright Committee)

Hopefully, sorta the way I wanted it to look. Although there was a tag somewhere that I missed, that made everything messy, and the site unviewable in Netscape. It's fixed in the version lying on my harddrive, but I haven't uploaded that yet. Heh. Lazy me.

I'm thinking that this was probably more true in Netscape version-4.bleah than in more recent versions (6+) which are (I say with a certain degree of disbelief, since my jaw still drops at the very thought that Netscape ever got their act together) more compliant with international standards and (gets carried off the stage again, this time by the Committee to Prevent the Beating of Dead Horses)

Can't win 'em all ;) (Heh.) (<mode=tibo>Buhnee!</mode>)(Meh.)
Anyhow- though I haven't tried Netscape 4 viewing- I am impressed.

Eric
Schissel
Regular Poster

Oh, you couldn't guess...

Postby Quoting_mungo on Thu Jul 11, 2002 8:08 am

Every move, planned, calculated and utterly fucked up by characters totally unwilling to obey my commands. What's up with not following my every whim? Huh? Huh? *goes to sit in the corner* Tell me, 'Rose!

(Shadowrose: I have an instinct of self-preservation. I don't consider myself well preserved if I let you shame my name and being into complete dishonour, thankyouverymuch.)

Jerk. *snort* He's starting to sound like a wozelle...

No version of NC forgives forgotten end tags, though. And that's what I managed to put there. Not my fault!
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Re: Oh, you couldn't guess...

Postby Schissel on Thu Jul 11, 2002 10:09 am

quoting_mungo wrote:Every move, planned, calculated and utterly fucked up by characters totally unwilling to obey my commands. What's up with not following my every whim? Huh? Huh? *goes to sit in the corner* Tell me, 'Rose!

(innocently {prophetically?} whistles "When Roses Fade"..)
To paraphrase a play rather than a movie, Scii, anything you can do-
she can do worse...
(Shadowrose: I have an instinct of self-preservation. I don't consider myself well preserved if I let you shame my name and being into complete dishonour, thankyouverymuch.)

Do you ever hear the thunder hissing "You're welcome," Scii? No worries...
(I take it partial dishonour is alright, though?)
Jerk. *snort* He's starting to sound like a wozelle...

(A Dark Mythic is imagined by me to be saying Alright by me, will add flavour.)
No version of NC forgives forgotten end tags, though. And that's what I managed to put there. Not my fault!

*turns around quickly, wonders how they got in room, sees no one, relaxes...*
I have NC 7 beta on my HD, and can certainly test with that later (have to rush off yet again soon) assuming you haven't already fixed the problem, if that would help.
Eric Schissel
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Fri Jul 12, 2002 8:30 am

schissel wrote:(innocently {prophetically?} whistles "When Roses Fade"..)
To paraphrase a play rather than a movie, Scii, anything you can do-
she can do worse...

(Shadowrose: But I'm the one with the sharp pointy things.)

scissel wrote:Do you ever hear the thunder hissing "You're welcome," Scii? No worries...
(I take it partial dishonour is alright, though?)

(A Dark Mythic is imagined by me to be saying Alright by me, will add flavour.)

A panther is imagined thinking that is all nonsense. Right before checking the bolt on his front door an extra time. Can't be careful enough.

scissel wrote:*turns around quickly, wonders how they got in room, sees no one, relaxes...*
I have NC 7 beta on my HD, and can certainly test with that later (have to rush off yet again soon) assuming you haven't already fixed the problem, if that would help.

Dreamweaver has the same opinion about unclosed tags as Netscape. I believe I fixed it. But the fixed version isn't gonna be up in a while. When I next upload, purrhaps.
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Sat Jul 13, 2002 2:45 am

quoting_mungo wrote:(Shadowrose: But I'm the one with the sharp pointy things.)

On comparing the potential abilities of an assassin and the assassin's author, this one's figurative betting, well, goes with...

A panther is imagined thinking that is all nonsense. Right before checking the bolt on his front door an extra time. Can't be careful enough.

Sensible. Quite. After all, that's not your idea of fun either, I expect...
Dreamweaver has the same opinion about unclosed tags as Netscape. I believe I fixed it. But the fixed version isn't gonna be up in a while. When I next upload, purrhaps.

That might make this a better time for me to test whether it looks right in NC 7 than after you have uploaded it. (I'm under the impression that NC 6+ is more or less based on Mozilla's 'engine' in any case with some annoying Netscapey/AOL-like extras, so that if it works in Mozilla- and it does- it should work in NS 6/7? I'm just wondering (as someone who is very much a novice about these things) whence your information that table tag anality is as much a problem with NS 6+ as it was with NS 4*...)
Eric Schissel (Why are you howling, air conditioner? *BRICK*)
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:35 am

schissel wrote: On comparing the potential abilities of an assassin and the assassin's author, this one's figurative betting, well, goes with...

He could kick my tail, you know. If I didn't send a horde of lovesick duhdrrahni (ohmigawds, how embarrassing, I've forgotten how to spell it... With or without a second 'h') after him, first.

Sensible. Quite. After all, that's not your idea of fun either, I expect...

Not really. I rather be, you know... Have my body parts somewhat intact and assembled.

horsie wrote:That might make this a better time for me to test whether it looks right in NC 7 than after you have uploaded it. (I'm under the impression that NC 6+ is more or less based on Mozilla's 'engine' in any case with some annoying Netscapey/AOL-like extras, so that if it works in Mozilla- and it does- it should work in NS 6/7? I'm just wondering (as someone who is very much a novice about these things) whence your information that table tag anality is as much a problem with NS 6+ as it was with NS 4*...)

Ah, mungo has no idea. See, the version of NS she had, before, was like 3.something. ^_^;;;

-Alexandra

(Edited numberous times because the mungo is stupid)
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:23 am

quoting_mungo wrote:He could kick my tail, you know. If I didn't send a horde of lovesick duhdrrahni (ohmigawds, how embarrassing, I've forgotten how to spell it... With or without a second 'h') after him, first.

I don't remember either- and it's quite possible that kbb has eaten those threads (I never thought I'd hear myself say that...)
quoting_mungo wrote:Not really. I rather be, you know... Have my body parts somewhat intact and assembled.

It seems a matter then of your preference for as against their preference to the contrary. One sees, one finds out, as usual.
mungo wrote:
horsie wrote:That might make this a better time for me to test whether it looks right in NC 7 than after you have uploaded it. (I'm under the impression that NC 6+ is more or less based on Mozilla's 'engine' in any case with some annoying Netscapey/AOL-like extras, so that if it works in Mozilla- and it does- it should work in NS 6/7? I'm just wondering (as someone who is very much a novice about these things) whence your information that table tag anality is as much a problem with NS 6+ as it was with NS 4*...)

Ah, mungo has no idea. See, the version of NS she had, before, was like 3.something. ^_^;;;

-Alexandra

(Edited numberous times because the mungo is stupid)

Horsie begs to differ, and will probably be late to work editing this one...
Anyhow, looked at the page under NS 7 alpha (I don't have 6). I see no problems.
-Befuddled_Horsie (mark I)
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Sat Jul 20, 2002 6:34 am

(Notes randomly that I did not sign into Keenspace fora in early 1999. Did not even know about webcomics in early 1999. Just wanted to correct the record. Thank you. Hoping 2nd instalment is coming along- hey, watch it with that cane, I'm leaving the stage already!! *trots off*)

-Befuddled horsie (mark I-somewhat reassembled after factory recall)
Schissel
Regular Poster

Postby Quoting_mungo on Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:45 am

schissel wrote:
I don't remember either- and it's quite possible that kbb has eaten those threads (I never thought I'd hear myself say that...)

I found old stuff lying around. It's duhdrrani. Curiously, I'd somewhere written Duhdrras, but that just looks silly. Always was pluralis duhdrrani.

horsie then wrote:It seems a matter then of your preference for as against their preference to the contrary. One sees, one finds out, as usual.

Heh. Cryptic as always. I thought we all preferred to stay somewhat assembled and intact. Well, excepting the people jumping in front of trains. Yes, I find that method of suicide interesting, so sue me. There's new story in Erigineea on LJ, btw. And mungo would like to see a horsie post some time...

perhaps it was a passing penguin that after that wrote:Horsie begs to differ, and will probably be late to work editing this one...
Anyhow, looked at the page under NS 7 alpha (I don't have 6). I see no problems.

If you see no problems, all is fine and well and I'm happy for the moment. Many tables.

-Alexandra
Quoting_mungo
Regular Poster

Postby Schissel on Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:20 am

quoting_mungo wrote:
schissel wrote:

I found old stuff lying around. It's duhdrrani. Curiously, I'd somewhere written Duhdrras, but that just looks silly. Always was pluralis duhdrrani.

I'm always? well, often. finding whatnot lying 'bout. The advantages to being part packrat?
mungo, quoting proceeded and wrote:
horsie then wrote:It seems a matter then of your preference for as against their preference to the contrary. One sees, one finds out, as usual.

Heh. Cryptic as always. I thought we all preferred to stay somewhat assembled and intact. Well, excepting the people jumping in front of trains. Yes, I find that method of suicide interesting, so sue me. There's new story in Erigineea on LJ, btw. And mungo would like to see a horsie post some time...

This horsie, anyroad, thanks you and is thinking about it...
Other horsies approached on the subject were more, or less, verbal in their response.
quoting_mungo, mungo quoting wrote:
perhaps it was a passing penguin that after that wrote:Horsie begs to differ, and will probably be late to work editing this one...

If you see no problems, all is fine and well and I'm happy for the moment. Many tables.

-Alexandra

Many tables sounds like an expression in some archaic dialect. Or perhaps just shorthand for the seating arrangement expected at a huge banquet...
I wonder if the return (reuniting the two parties in PH) will be in the thick of night, will involve a big celebration, or both... well, time tells.
-Remarking_befuddled_horsie
Schissel
Regular Poster

Return to Paladins' Haven