Hey, I like this place

Postby JimRob on Sun Jun 09, 2002 1:25 pm

Oh my. I should've stopped by earlier.

I'm quite a big prog-rock fan, although I don't yet have the CD collection to match - particularly pre-Waters Pink Floyd, Yes and Can, and newer claimants to the genre like the Beta Band - and am equally interested in ambient music, experimental electronic music, etc. And I dabble in the latter myself.

And I sound terribly self-absorbed when I put it like that. Oh well.

And: I love the comic. I envy such freedom of inking... and anything with an Emily Dickinson cameo wins my instant approval. Much Madness is divinest Sense...
JimRob
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Sun Jun 09, 2002 2:42 pm

goes to show, we all have our different musical descriminations. i prefer to be absorbed BY music, rather than to be able to ignore it. for this reason, i've stopped allowing myself to listen to Prokofiev's 5th symphony while driving on this nation's highways. fortunately, i've never gotten caught with possession of Prokofiev, as his music is still a legal drug in most states.

please, if you would, sign this petition to illegalize Prokofiev in all forms. too many families have been destroyed, too many lives have been lost to this extremely harmful 20th-century composer. what is more, rehabilitation resources for Prokofiev addicts can be a leech on the taxpayer's wallet. Prokofiev has many street names, including Baldo, SSP, Sarcasms, and Scythian Sweets.

whoa now.. THAT was a tangent if i ever saw one. by the way, thanks for dropping by, jim! flattery is always welcome! especially SPECIFIC flattery! go read Albion Fuzz, everyone... i admit that i haven't been reading it myself, but my modem is WAY the hell doesn't work. i'll catch up, never you mind!
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 487 on Mon Jun 10, 2002 8:13 pm

Okay, today's (June 10) strip had me about rolling on the floor. Bloody brilliant! :lol:
ZOMBIE USER 487
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Tue Jun 18, 2002 10:24 pm

forgive the extremely late reply, but thanks!

the writing in my strip has changed a lot over the past month (i think i'll write a "Progress" entry about that), and it's good to know that beneath the serious texture i'm still making some people laugh.
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

Previous

Return to Quid Pro Quo