IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHY THE PAGE DIDN'T UPDATE, READ THIS.

IF YOU ARE WONDERING WHY THE PAGE DIDN'T UPDATE, READ THIS.

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:33 pm

this is very frustrating. i took close to two weeks off, so i could try to work on my writing skills, and perhaps get way ahead on my self-imposed deadlines. i figured i could spend a week or so doing nothing but write, write, write, until i had written enough material that i could make quality cartoons from it. no such luck. after spending MANY hours working with only a pencil and a notebook, i only managed to write and draw ONE strip, about four hours ago. a pretty mediocre strip. i just wanted to scan it and upload it and never see it again, but it turns out that my brand-new scanner (the reason that i've been broke for the past three weeks) has stopped working, for reasons i could only stab at blindly with my pitiful computer knowledge. just blinks its lamp like an idiot. i would have posted a lengthy apology, much like this, on my front page, but it would appear that my own computer's modem has forgotten how to dial up. doesn't work. i'm posting this entry from the other computer downstairs, and i can't exactly update my page from here because the last time i tried to accomplish command-line FTP, disasterous things happened. so, for the edification of my more curious readers who might check the forum every once in a while, i'm posting this explanation.

so basically, i tried! i really did. i wanted to get some quality writing done, and leave myself a reasonable amount of time in which to draw everything. i'm certainly at the end of my emotional tether... i guess all artists have probably had times like this.

and while i'm bitching about everything... i broke one of my guitar pegs today, rendering the instrument a 5-stringed useless bastard! it's like a grin with one tooth missing. what a world. what a damn world.

well anyway, i don't know when you'll see updates on my page. i'm really sorry.
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Sat Jun 01, 2002 11:45 pm

that post contained a LOT of Yang, so in all fairness i should add a bit of Ying.

yesterday started off great. i had a really great tiramisu, and my parents took me out to dinner, and i got a lot of cash for my birthday. AND, i went to a nice recital.
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

In other news...

Postby ZOMBIE USER 487 on Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:09 am

Well, this may not be news, per se, but I think you'll enjoy it. Maybe it will even come true.

I had a dream last night that QPQ was made into an animated cartoon for television. The catch, is that it was for a commercial. That seemed slightly ironic.

This is not the first time I dreamed about an online comic I read becoming a cartoon. The first one was Nukees, which was animated and broadcast by TechTV. That actually made sense.

Maybe Keenspot should start their own animation studio...
ZOMBIE USER 487
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 8454 on Tue Jun 04, 2002 11:20 pm

wow! i'm honored that you dreamt about my strip.

and, my fine fellow, i believe Keenspot IS putting together an animation department. let me find it.

i just went there, and it's a few weird cartoons by the keenspotters, including a game by Alan Foreman. i dunno. i was never Foreman's biggest fan, but he certainly knows how to wield Flash.
ZOMBIE USER 8454
Regular Poster

BOB

Postby Profdolchissimo on Fri Jun 07, 2002 1:20 am

Brian, I hold you personally responsible for each and every one of these things. For your sake, I hope it never happens again.

chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage chillage
Danny

:evil:
Profdolchissimo
Regular Poster

Postby ZOMBIE USER 487 on Fri Jun 07, 2002 7:32 am

Well, I woke up thinking it was quite hilarious that Figment and Barry would be used as characters in a commercial for a doughnut shop.

Irony, or just plain dream-style disjointed weirdness? You be the judge. :)
ZOMBIE USER 487
Regular Poster

Return to Quid Pro Quo