Ecclesialagus australis ssp. albidus forma haematophagicus

Ecclesialagus australis ssp. albidus forma haematophagicus

Postby JimBob on Mon May 20, 2002 6:30 pm

Dear Ceredwyn,
My name is James Cheshire. Look carefully at the subject line. What I have written there is an excellent example of a biologists' (my) sense of humor. It describes Silverblue quite accurately. I would like to see if you (or perhaps someone else) can translate it into plain english. Well, anyway, I've been a fan of yours since early 2001, but I guess I'm one of those people who don't believe themselves worthy of their idols attention, so it took me a while to get the nerve up to reveal my presence. I have a story I'll send to you by private email, it's a favorite of mine and I think you'll like it too. I need to get back to my appointed rounds right now, but I have several questions, so I'll definitely post some more things in the near future. Bye!

All The Best,
James
Well, I rapped upon a house
With the U.S. flag upon display
I said, "Could you help me out
I got some friends down the way"
The man says, "Get out of here,
I'll tear you limb from limb"
I said, "You know they refused Jesus, too"
He said, "You're not Him.
Get out of here before I break your bones
I ain't your pop"
I decided to have him arrested
And I went looking for a cop

- Bob Dylan, Bob Dylan's 115th Dream
JimBob

Re: Ecclesialagus australis ssp. albidus forma haematophagic

Postby Silverblue on Mon May 27, 2002 3:10 pm

JimBob wrote:Dear Ceredwyn,
My name is James Cheshire. Look carefully at the subject line. What I have written there is an excellent example of a biologists' (my) sense of humor. It describes Silverblue quite accurately. I would like to see if you (or perhaps someone else) can translate it into plain english. Well, anyway, I've been a fan of yours since early 2001, but I guess I'm one of those people who don't believe themselves worthy of their idols attention, so it took me a while to get the nerve up to reveal my presence. I have a story I'll send to you by private email, it's a favorite of mine and I think you'll like it too. I need to get back to my appointed rounds right now, but I have several questions, so I'll definitely post some more things in the near future. Bye!
All The Best,
James

My Latin and Greek are shocking, so the best I can do is (something)lagus which would probably be (something) rabbit, Australian, sub-species white(or albino)-form blood eater ;)

For some reason my mind keeps wanting to say 'Ecclesiastical' at the front there, which would both fit and not fit, but I don't think I'm correct!

Like I said, my knowledge of older languages is horrendous, which is more the pity. I had a chance once to go study Latin in Tuscany and had to pass it up for financial reasons :-?

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

And as far as nervous fans go...it's good to know there are fans out there at all :P
Silverblue
Regular Poster

Postby Siege on Wed May 29, 2002 12:53 am

Church-rabbit.
Siege

Return to Lacunae