Who killed the forum??!?

Postby ZOMBIE USER 6344 on Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:20 am

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Why is this forum so dead? Lot's of life here before!! :cry:

Come back fellow furs!
ZOMBIE USER 6344
Regular Poster

Postby Striker on Tue Apr 23, 2002 3:34 am

Keenspace killed it, I believe. As slow and crappy as it is right now the chatroom is quite simply the more enjoyable alternative. Should it ever work again like it used to, I am sure we'll get some of the activity back...
Striker
Regular Poster

Postby Gen.Talon on Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:25 am

:cry:
I can just say this. Keenspace screwed up on this one..it took me over 15 mins just to post this message..well since it is brand new I can see it is going to take some time get working properly.
In The Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.
Gen.Talon
Regular Poster

Postby Paul_Pinewood on Tue Apr 23, 2002 4:41 am

Quite possible. I had so much problems to post my latest page I think if I knew it was going to be that time consuming, I wouldn't began with it. This area arent luring anyone new here, if the speed dont get better. If I were new, I would give up very quickly if the subject werent so addictive.
Paul_Pinewood
Regular Poster

Postby DJ Pirtu on Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:35 am

I don't thiks that it's dead. YET. It's just that it takes so long and may attempts to get even logged in. Maybe it's the new code or something. I just hope that the men and women in the Keenspace are working on it. It took me FOUR attempts to get this window open. Not to mention the attempts to get the OTHER windows open.
On the other hand, this thing might even do GOOD to the forum. Well, I guess all we can do is wait and see.
Keep on fighting!
Balance.
Maybe it CAN be found.
DJ Pirtu
Regular Poster

Postby Jeweliesa on Tue Apr 23, 2002 5:52 pm

What chatroom, Striker? Does Keenspace have one that I don't know about? ^^;
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!"
-- The Tick
Jeweliesa

Postby Jeweliesa on Tue Apr 23, 2002 6:02 pm

And why does Keenspace now think that I registered on December 31, 1969? That's pretty funny, considering...

1.) I registered sometime in 2002, I think it may have been February or something, or possibly January... either way, it was relatively recent.
2.) not many people had computers at that point, much less in their homes
3.) my mom was younger than I am now (she was my age in 1971)
4.) I wasn't even born yet (somewhat obviuous due to the above reason).

^_^;
"And isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony, anyway? I mean, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, ooh ooh ooh, the sky's the limit!"
-- The Tick
Jeweliesa

Woot!

Postby Mikaiten on Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:20 pm

Well it looks like at least from my end that the forum is back up and running. It was just a tad slower to load than the old forum. Since the Keenspace people probably spent all day trying to fix this error (which they had posted a msg about in the main forum list) I think they did a pretty good job. Now, lets go see if I can change some of my profile stuff... I have an avatar I wanna try out :P
Mika

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/sarcasta_bitch">My Livejournal</a>
<a href="http://www.side7.com/art/mandjudd/gallery.html">My Artwork</a>
Mikaiten
Regular Poster

Postby Arcaton on Tue Apr 23, 2002 11:09 pm

Nice Avatar Mikaiten........very....flirty?
But the speed this forum operates at now STINKS!
And since there are so many Keen comix the page you go to on Logon might at least have them in alphabetical....I haven't found Jack there yet in all senses of the phrase.
Arcaton
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Wed May 08, 2002 8:29 pm

Most everything seems to have been worked out (though some board moderators have let on to their inability to be able to edit their own posts and not be able to delete anybody elses posts).

Still, first post this month... pretty sad for the Jack forums which usually adds a page of topics every two weeks.
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Return to Jack