How to do a forum-based Role-Play. [OOC] and [RP]

Postby Allan_ecker on Fri Apr 19, 2002 6:06 pm

Volair seems to be scribbling frantically in a small electronic notepad.

"Powder Keg," he says once more under his breath.
Allan_ecker
Cartoon Hero

Postby Matt Trepal on Fri Apr 19, 2002 7:44 pm

A rather haggard-looking donkey rushes through the doors to the crashing of cymbals and a roll of tympani. A mortified look crosses his face as everyone stops to gape at him.

"I'm not too late, am I? For the orientation, I mean?" He gestures at the empty air over his head. "I overslept. It's the drums, you know? They don't let me keep regular hours."

Those that listen carefully can hear a definite drumbeat surrounding him. It's a samba.

The stares persist. Not hostile, just curious, but uncomfortable nonetheless. "I'll just be over here," he says, pointing towards the buffet, "if anyone needs me."

(OOC: Scott & Tony -- You fellas stole another one of my ideas with this, BTW. But I hadn't run or participated in a forum RPG before, so I'll let it slide. :wink:)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Matt Trepal on 2002-04-19 20:48 ]</font>
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby PDI on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:01 pm

((OOC Welcome, Matt! Watch and learn -- we can do forum crossover events in the future, if you develop one. Ass. :
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Postby PDI on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:17 pm

((OOC: The "house" threads will start shortly. OOC you won't be asigned a house, you get to pick one to join. IC you'll get your assignment when you finish filling out the admin forms in this hall, before departure. If you want to RP that part, go ahead. ))
PDI
Cartoon Hero

Postby Captain apathy on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:20 pm

(OOC This is gonna rock)

I walk over to mungo, "Hi, I can tell you're going to go far. I'm probaly gonna head to wendigo house, It just seems like the place to hang out. No nerds and no muscle heads the perfect place for a little slacker like me."

I then shout to the room at large

"when do we go to Wendigo?" trying to make people laugh at the alliteration
Captain apathy
Regular Poster

Postby Matt Trepal on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:27 pm

(OOC: This place will fill up with kitsunes and foxes and wolves and tigers and panthers and other big cats. I wanted to pick something different. The mundane animals need representation, too! Joe and I can start the "unpopular anthros" club. :wink:)
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:35 pm

[ooc]I was RPing as a Kitsune b4 I joined here... I'm also over @ http://www.lofty-bearing.org and have always gravitated to the unusual fur style/ form. My last RP Character was a Centaur, under AD&D 2nd edition rules, but I retired Him @ clvl 40 :razz:[/ooc]
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby Talbon on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:36 pm

OOC: Sorry for the delay Saski, I was distracted.

Talbon blinks a few times, taking it in then he grins his best grin and captures Saski's hands in his... or at least tries to.

"Well that's an easy choice, Wendigo House would love to have you! I promise."
Artist of PDI
Talbon
Regular Poster

Postby Saski Berth on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:45 pm

I take Talbons' profferred paw and say "Well, I'm not overly a mass mayhem kinda guy, bu I've been known to cause huge catnip plants to appear suddenly. I would be greatfull for the welcome, even though I'm a lil' out of the normal age group for the students here, I'm sure I'll do my best to blend in."

[ooc] - I;ll have to double check, but I think I'm the oldest IC fur here:P[/ooc]
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby Woofaboomus on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:52 pm

((OOC: <a href="http://forums.keenspace.com/viewtopic.php?topic=35655&forum=111&#woofaboomus">I think you'll find that I'm older.</a> ))
The Woofaboomus
Psychic Dyslexia Institute
Woofaboomus

Postby Talbon on Fri Apr 19, 2002 8:59 pm

Talbon shakes one, twice and a third time to be sure. "Well if your not overly fond of sleep and not to picky on study partners Wendigo house can provide a bit of both. I think you'll find that it all turns out all right in the end. Actually it's the houses motto. "It should all come out all right in the end."

The white wolf lets go of Saski's hand with a touch of flair and gestures about him. "However I think you'll find that the experiences most people who have psychic dyslexia go through makes for a much higher level of maturity than normally seen in a school." He looks about for a spying Woofaboomus before leaning in close to Saski and whispering, "Of course that doesn't mean that we don't know know how to party." With a wink and another grin he straightens up.
Artist of PDI
Talbon
Regular Poster

Postby Saski Berth on Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:06 pm

I reply, quietly "well, OK. And as for parties, my musical knowledge is rather stunning, so there's less need to send out for a band." I then give a rather sly wink. I suddenly remember something, and ask "Um, what's the policy on 'pets' in the dorms?"
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby Talbon on Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:11 pm

"Pets are up to the head of the House, since they're liable for the damages. Ask is always the best options, bribery being the next." Talbon leans back against the wall as he lays down the law for Saski.
Artist of PDI
Talbon
Regular Poster

Postby Jarech on Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:28 pm

Rather abruptly, a small minotaur was standing in the room where Jarech had been. It took only seconds for him to turn back to normal human, at which point he sighed deeply.

"You might notice," he said to no one in particular, "That the 'talent' I have is pretty strong, and under absolutely no control. I turn into pretty much random living things at indeterminate periods of time, for indeterminate periods of time. I haven't turned into any inanimate objects yet.." his voice trails off contemplatively.
Jarech

Postby Dalenna on Fri Apr 19, 2002 9:32 pm

Chaly bit her lip thoughtfully.
"Hm. I think the Primes one will be a good thing, for me... I'm not terrific at sports, I'm on-campus, and somehow, I'm sure that never knowing whether what I want is what *I* want isn't as bad as opening hell-dimensions on random occasion."
Dalenna
Regular Poster

Postby Andrick on Fri Apr 19, 2002 11:44 pm

*a tall grey canid walks into the room with several stacked boxes which he places on the floor next to the open door. He quickly surveys the room looking for someone before digging into his back pack. Much to his chagrin he pulls out a wooden cylinder with rubber flaps. After a muttering few choice words he presses the device to his muzzle*

<font size=+2>KAH-WACK!!!</font>

Ahem. A possum just handed these to me and said something about being sorry for the delay. All three boxes are full of the same thing: I-doc booklets. I'll leave the boxes by the door for all the late-comers.

*turns, scoops up his backpack and inconspicuously snags a booklet before leaving to deal with all the curious, if slightly deafened, mallards.
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.
Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Postby Matt Trepal on Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:00 am

On 2002-04-19 21:35, Saski Berth wrote:
[ooc]I was RPing as a Kitsune b4 I joined here... I'm also over @ http://www.lofty-bearing.org and have always gravitated to the unusual fur style/ form. My last RP Character was a Centaur, under AD&D 2nd edition rules, but I retired Him @ clvl 40 :razz:[/ooc]

(ooc: Ah, I didn't mean nothin', Saski; it was certainly not a knock on your character. But you gotta admit, certain species get picked a lot in this sort of thing.)
<A HREF="http://www.fightcastorevade.net" TARGET=_blank>Fight Cast Or Evade</A>
Swords, sorcery, heroes, villains, and serious discourse on the socio-political issues facing our modern society.
Oh, and talking animals.
Matt Trepal
Cartoon Hero

Postby Saski Berth on Sat Apr 20, 2002 6:39 am

[ooc]No problem, I was just explaining the reasoning behind my choice. Hopefully I'll be able to RP this character well :smile:[/ooc]
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

Postby Woofaboomus on Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:28 am

Ah, the leaflets have arrived! Please, everyone, take a form and fill them out completely. One of our successful graduates has created these forms, so once they're completed, you'll find the housing section on the third page will have filled itself out for you. Thus you will know which house to go to to complete your induction.
The Woofaboomus
Psychic Dyslexia Institute
Woofaboomus

Postby Saski Berth on Sat Apr 20, 2002 8:45 am

Looks at leaflet, but seems a bit difficult to understand all of the questions. I look up at Wolfamabus and ask "Just exactly wat are we supposed to put in these blanks?"

[ooc]or was this already answered in the Profiles thread? Maybe a pdf file of the leaflet. :razz:)
Saski Berth
Regular Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Psychic Dyslexia Institute