Work Sucks

Postby Nowhereman on Tue Apr 09, 2002 7:10 am

So I got laid off of my job I've been working at for god damn almost a year. Though I consider it more as I got off on the first lifeboat from that sinking ship. The place use to be 24 hours but cut that in half to 12. So even if I did stay, I would have to work 12 hour shifts(noon to midnight) and I have to go to school.
Who cares though, I mean the place sucked. They got ticked at me when I ordered in a bunch of movies simply because I wanted to watch them (Quadrophenia, Less then zero, bottle rocket, crumb, sweet and lowdown) and employee theft ran high.
And job hunting sucks the big one, becuase just around now all the post secondary pretentious bastards are getting out and looking for jobs to pay for their coffee lattes they have when the discuss the works of F. Scott Fitzgerald at the local Starbucks trying to impress the easily impresssible 18 year old girl.
Enough with my incoherent rambling, I wanna hear some work horror stories. I know I got a couple of them and fuck I know Kevin and Chris got loads.
Start the bitching here,
Nowhereman
Regular Poster

Postby Nowhereman on Wed Apr 10, 2002 9:22 pm

Fuck, I hate you people.
I guess your all a bunch of "I love my job, I measure my worth by it"
Well fuck, then let me start off.

At work, at least in summer, I was pure Randel ala Clerks. The local Macs was right by and I got to know the guys that worked there and I'd get free coffee, pop, candy and slushes and they got free movies. I'd close the store and go over there to talk to the guy. I never got caught once. Ha!
""Heart of Gold" put me in the middle of road so I decided to head for the ditch." Neil Young
http://nowhereman.keenspace.com
Nowhereman
Regular Poster

Postby THE TRAVIS on Thu Apr 11, 2002 4:14 am

love my job? hahaha i get get called a stupid fuckin kraut cuz i don't know what know what pump there on, thats fucked, i'll rant more later but i gotta go to school
"There are 2 types of people in this world: Those who listen to Led Zeppelin, and those who don't" - Travis Kammerer
THE TRAVIS
Regular Poster

Postby Nowhereman on Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:56 pm

Dallas, why don't you tell people the Mike story
Nowhereman
Regular Poster

Postby Tbandit2k on Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:08 pm

Oh the one where Mike spranied his ankle wrestling the pizza delivlery guy, leaving me to unload the 890 pieces off the truck myself. I got a couple more , will post some of the more crazy one in a new topic
Tbandit2k
Regular Poster

Postby Tbandit2k on Mon Apr 15, 2002 12:08 pm

Oh the one where Mike spranied his ankle wrestling the pizza delivlery guy, leaving me to unload the 890 pieces off the truck myself. I got a couple more , will post some of the more crazy one in a new topic
Tbandit2k
Regular Poster

Postby Christopher Kammerer on Tue Apr 16, 2002 6:13 pm

Hey Kevin, how about we share some raylin horror stories with these bunch of pussies who bitch about their retail jobs? Which you may find believe it or not are EASY AND STRESS FREE.

How about the time Kevin ruined a $800 sheet of cooper and the boss's son went and ratted Kevin out to the boss. Even though he asked him not to so Kevin could tell him himself.

How about the time Kevin had to spend an hour pulling pallets out in minus30 just so he could get the one all the way in the back.(Wait a minute...that happened once a week)

Remember our psycho boss ramming a dumpster with a forklift narrowily avoided killing everyone in the area. When he was on the forklift nobody was safe.

Having to ask the fat snooty bitch secretary for a bandaid and given an attitude in return. Get a bandaid out of the first aid kit you may ask.....what first aid kit I reply.

Countless pints of blood spilt(mostly Kevin's) and fingers and nails lost. Backs broken and toes crushed(That was me) all for the sake of....."Production".

Now for the stupidest most idiotic phrase uttered by an employer to his employee in recorded history.

"YOU CAN STAY A FEW EXTRA HOURS TONIGHT.............I DON'T MIND.

PS. Hey Chad, I hear their hiring.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Christopher Kammerer on 2002-04-16 19:14 ]</font>
Christopher Kammerer
Regular Poster

Postby THE TRAVIS on Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:22 pm

retail jobs easy? hell yes. stress free? no, and you two can't say it ain't cuz when you 2 fucks worked at safeway thats all you complained about. compared to the shit i've heard about raylin? then ya its stress free. some funny stuff i've seen at my job: a lady takes her husbands brand new truck for a drive and fills it up with gas, to bad it takes diesel don't ya think? hahaha that was funny when she realized it and started crying. ooooh boy did i laugh when the tow truck took it away. sticking the step stool behind the door and when i went to rush to the back cuz our alarm was going off whacking myself in the head cuz the door didn't close all the way. well that was my fault but it was still funny
"There are 2 types of people in this world: Those who listen to Led Zeppelin, and those who don't" - Travis Kammerer
THE TRAVIS
Regular Poster

Postby Nowhereman on Tue Apr 16, 2002 7:58 pm

Hahah, okay, retail jobs are easier on the physical front. At least most are.
And my prospects for working at Molsons seems even slim.
In the old days at video station, we use to sell pop and chips. That meant just taking whatever you wanted and saying, "uh ya-some Native dude came in and stole it."

Now Chris, with all our new "expeirence" since you've left Safeway, would you ever go back? Could you withhold tearing into the occasional customer?
I use to have some guy come in and call me a communist because of our late fee rules.
Another time, I worked at the castledowns location and I was warned about a autistic boy who would come behind the counter and put Barney tapes to watch on the vcr. Apparently he came in the store before and took the videos and tried to leave. So the guy caught him and called the cops. To keep the autistic dude busy he let him play the tapes until the cops showed up. So apparently the boy thinks he can just wander in and play barney tapes when he pleased.

That kind of messed up shit happens when you work at anywhere thats 24 hours. (in the old days I was planning on having mini football games inside the store during the graveyard shift with the Macs dudes. Never got around to it though.)
""Heart of Gold" put me in the middle of road so I decided to head for the ditch." Neil Young
http://nowhereman.keenspace.com
Nowhereman
Regular Poster

Postby Tbandit2k on Wed Apr 17, 2002 9:26 am

Yeah , I have to agree with Chad .Retail cannot be considered a physically demanding job (unless your me and end up doing everything assbackwards and wrong) but in terms of mental stress dealing with customers has to take the cake.
Funny shit happens though, like the time this new service clerk chick was on her first day and I has supposed to show her how to use the phone's , me and ryan told her that Jim's extension is 1109 which is the bomb alert. She phoned it and the fire alarm went off and in 3 minutes we had cop cars and firetrucks infront of the store.

she quite that day
Tbandit2k
Regular Poster

Postby Christopher Kammerer on Thu Apr 18, 2002 4:25 pm

Well I may as well share some of my safeway stories with you poor public serving bastards.

The old man who was caught stealing a bottle of exlax only because he was too embarassed to buy it.

3 of our fellow employees having a knife pulled on them buy a shoplifter.

I was once called an "American Bastard" by an old man because the bread was only on sale with a club card. Yet I could see the club card in his wallet and when I pointed that out to him he told me to go back to the states.

The old chinese couple who come to the till with $20 worth of groceries and try to pay with their visa. Denied. Mastercard. Denied. American express. Denied. So then he pulls a wad of twenty's out of his pocket the size of my fist. Fucking people.....

The time Kevin and I were out drinking all fucking night when we had to start at 8am the next morning. We didn't stop drinking till 4 in the morning or so. So we thought we might as well stay awake and try to sober up. I thought I handled it pretty well myself. I just spoke as little as possible and tried not to bring attention to the fact that I reeked of booze. Kevin on the other hand didn't handle it as well. Every time I looked over at him he was yelling at someone like a grumpy old fuck. Eventually the manager pulled Kevin into his office. The manager's office was on the second level and had a big window that looked over the store. So we all were eager to try and watch because everyone knew that Kevin and the manager had bad blood. We couldn't see the manager but we could see Kevin standing up over the desk pointing and yelling. 2 minutes later Kevin stormed out with his jacket and left. Was he fired you wonder? Hell no! We were in the union baby.

I'm sure Dallas understands this one. Safeway fucking politics.

To your answer your question Chad I will say this. If I were to ever go back to Safeway I would be fired, arrested and charged promptly. Let me give you an example if I may.

Customer: Hey your out of that juice that's on sale.

Chris: Sorry about that, I'm sure well have some tomorrow.

Customer: Well do you have any in the back?

Chris: In the back?

Stupid Customer: Yah could you check?

Angry Chris: What you think we have an entire other store in "The back"? If we had more fucking juice in the back we'd bring it out. What are you a fucking idiot or something. It's just fucking juice, you can live one cocksucking fucking day without your precious homo juice you fucking parasite queer.

Frightened Customer: Why don't you calm down?

Bloodthirsty Chris: Why don't I throw you threw that fucking window and piss on you you fucking (insert racial slur here).

Offended customer: I'd like to speak to the manager please

Justified Chris: YOUR FUCKING BANNED. GET THE FUCK OUT. DON'T COME BACK AGAIN CAUSE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU IN HERE I'LL CUT YOUR FUCKING FACE OFF.

As you can see my 2 year stint at safeway still has some lingering psychological issues. I still stand on my statement though. Tradework is still more stressful than retail. Just a different kind of stress. I need Kevin to get his ass on here and back me up on this one........I almost forgot.....If you want to hear the most fucked work related story Just ask Kevin how he quit safeway. I personally slipped a note under the managers door and went and smoked a fatty in the parking lot and never came back.
"Heaven has a gate not a door you fucking morons" - Jesus Christ of Nazareth
Christopher Kammerer
Regular Poster

Postby Ash on Thu Apr 18, 2002 6:55 pm

Oh yeah you were only there for 2 years, i served twice the time you did, and then some, i remember the strike of '97, i crossed made shit loads of money and alienated every othe employee that was locked out.hahahahahahahahahahahahah

but raylin was bad, but not as bad as Keller Kustom metal, i'm the only one there, the lead man, the foreman souds great doesn't it? well it fucking hell, no one to help, except some old farts i could go on but i can't
Ash
Regular Poster

Postby THE TRAVIS on Thu Apr 18, 2002 7:12 pm

Ahh Safeway. While working in the Gas Bar instead of the store I do not get the oppurtunity to have as many crazy customers as those in the store but i do have a few. Here are some of my experiences:

our clock is 10 minutes fast so we close at 10 to 11. it never ceases to amaze me how many people will drive up when all the lights are off, get out, pick up the nozzle and when nothing comes out come knocking and ask: You closed? one time this guy didn't believe us and tried even as we locked the door and were going home to pump gas. then he offered me 20 bucks to turn the pumps on again

kids buying smokes, oh fuck i love denying people smokes. we id if you look under 25 and even if its so obvious that there 18 if they don't have their id i don't give it to them, man its funny when they freak out.
THE TRAVIS
Regular Poster

Postby Ash on Fri Apr 19, 2002 2:11 pm

even at the store, you had those dumb shis who cam after we closed, sometimes they would get violent, stupid cocksucking motherfuckin' whiners
Ash
Regular Poster

even at the store, you had those dumb shis who cam after we closed, sometimes they would get violent, stupid cocksucking motherfuckin' whiners
Kevin "the outlaw" McKeddie, Albertan guerrilla
Ash
Regular Poster

Ash
Regular Poster

Ash
Regular Poster

Ash
Regular Poster

Return to Animal Pop