Off Topic(?): Aliases

Max Damage
Regular Poster

Post by Max Damage »

Ah well - time for a fairly generic question. What names have you used online? Do you use different names in different places? You get the idea.

Me? Heh - I've been Max Damage since I wandered onto the web, and will probably stay this way for quite some more time to come. I do use my real name where I have to, of course.
We may be pirates, but we're not barbarians. We'll let them keep the toilet paper.
- Tiesel Bonne, Megaman Legends.

Gaeron

Post by Gaeron »

Okay, my main name I use is Gaeron or Gaera. Gaeron and Gaera are the same exact name, in truth. It's like the French endings that change depending on the word that follows. It's a name of a character I created a while ago.

My other aliases are Caitin, Lupus Longclaw, and SocialParaiah. I also have multiple (by multiple meaning almost 90) characters in a chat room system (IMC), multiple (10) in a chat world (Furcadia), multiple (12) on a MUCK (Redwall MUCK), and one on another MUCK (Altered Realities).

Michael Ezaiany
Regular Poster

Post by Michael Ezaiany »

Well, here's a list of my nicknames I used through my life.

*ahem*

Greg
McGregor
Gregory
Shift
AdCi
HellMaster
Rifleman
Dracon
Drake
Tek
Rath
Ashton Webster
Michael Ezaiany
"I like the word 'infinite'. It's so simple and yet, so undescribable." ~Michael Ezaiany

-Official Greeter for the Jack Forum

Striker
Regular Poster

Post by Striker »

I've been Striker since I first got online, and a long time before that already. Actually, the full name would be 'Matt Striker'. There's a sort of history behind that name...among other things, it's a RPG character of mine.

Other names I've used include 'Galdir Eonai', 'Panther AC', 'Mr.Photon' and 'Arandon'.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Striker on 2002-04-19 04:07 ]</font>

Arcaton
Regular Poster

Post by Arcaton »

Arcaton or Arcat0n
That's me wherever I am

Angel
Regular Poster

Post by Angel »

Angel of AngelVS20, Sex Goddess to men, uh...did I type that ut loud? Heh

Gen.Talon
Regular Poster

Post by Gen.Talon »

I've only had a few. :smile:
Talon
Gen.Talon
and Aqua on a few places.
I've pretty much been called Talon since 1996 and I think its been growing on me..My car is an Eagle 'Talon'
Some of my friends call me 'squeek'
and in boot camp I was called 'Shake and Bake' (Don't ask)
In The Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

General_Failure
Regular Poster

Post by General_Failure »

I've had this nick since q1 in the early days, but before I was General it was...

RATTIKINS!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I AM EVIL!!!

Silintli

Post by Silintli »

SiLintLi is my main account name, eveywhere, but I have had variations as SiLint, SiLint_Cat, Si_borg, Silently... stuff like that.

My oldest account name anywhere was BloodyTillie. Tillie is my real name, and I am actually pretty bloody at times (moral: never fight with anyone twice your size.)

Then I've had several novelty accounts, MashoGrimReaper, dr_dreadful, 4450757, GothicBeej, Don_Karnage... stuff like that.

DarkBlood_Warwing
Regular Poster

Post by DarkBlood_Warwing »

Eao
Kuoeao
Kuwaizair
Alpha
Dark neo Alpha
Eayzario
(this one)

and many more!

Max Damage
Regular Poster

Post by Max Damage »

It seems that I'm the only person on the entire web to only ever use one name. I'm not sure whether that's good, or just a sign of my stoic stubborn nature :razz:
We may be pirates, but we're not barbarians. We'll let them keep the toilet paper.
- Tiesel Bonne, Megaman Legends.

Yawgmoth
Regular Poster

Post by Yawgmoth »

Feh, I refuse to realease alias' based on the fact that if we've met before, and i don't talk to you regularly it's probably best you don't know who i am >=P

Arcaton
Regular Poster

Post by Arcaton »

I'm only Arcat0n on Yahoo because Arcaton was taken......and I think that was me, but I can't find a password to use it....

Striker
Regular Poster

Post by Striker »

You know...this thread sort of makes me wonder...

How many people here use their online aliases as more than a name? How many here have an online 'persona', for role-playing, art, stories or similar, and what are they like?

ZOMBIE USER 6344
Regular Poster

Post by ZOMBIE USER 6344 »

Well. I got a few.. Mainly i call myself jOki, but not one these forums.

jOki/j0ki (sometimes my nick is taken)
Coraxar
Galafil
LunaStar
Lunar_rocker
Star_bux
Ossiriand

Wolven
Regular Poster

Post by Wolven »

oh geez. aliases lets see

Gunner
Seawolf
Talan
Wolven

thats about it I think
Just my 2 cents(Canadian)and the change back.

Mikaiten
Regular Poster

Post by Mikaiten »

I only started using Mikaiten this year. My roomie kept bugging me that I didn't have an original alias. (pft, his was Tang)

Anyway, before that I was:

Manda
Vixen
Seraphim
Witchhawk
erm.. think that's it.

In real life I'm every variant of Amanda,except for Mandy.

Last one is Princess, which my beau calls me.

Andrick
Cartoon Hero

Post by Andrick »

Hmm... all my aliases. I've been using the electronic communication systems since I got my first Amiga in '89. I feel rather inadequate now, I've only got one alias: ValB7. And that one is used at only one bulletin board. I feel like I failed my 'geek' quota. Excuse me, I gotta' go buy a yellow and red plaid suit now. :wink:
"I don't know why, but watching 12-year old Japanese girls flinging their school uniforms at each other was wildly entertaining." - Azrael, Japanese Exchange Teacher.

Arcaton
Regular Poster

Post by Arcaton »

from Striker:How many people here use their online aliases as more than a name? How many here have an online 'persona', for role-playing, art, stories or similar, and what are they like?
I think I'm like the way I post in RL.....but of course I have a face and figure just made for the Web.....and the first to infer that I have 8 legs and a spinnaret gets bound in silk and the juices sucked out of them (dear God what am I implying???)

Striker
Regular Poster

Post by Striker »

That doesn't really scare me, as my 'persona' is best known for not having any internal juices beside hydraulic fluid anyway :grin:.

The web holds no terrors for a true cyborg :wink: .

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Striker on 2002-04-19 09:43 ]</font>