So what parallel realities already may exist? Let me count the ways:
* A reality in which Thack had succeeded in his plan to rule the world. The fans are brainwashed SS types and the world's mundanes are in concentration camps.
* A reality in which Thack was defeated, but at the cost of Rikk's life. Kath still runs the Skiffies and Will is still an item with her.
* A reality in which Rumy was killed fighting the Count in TMDG...or in which she had the foresight to show Big Red a copy of Ministry of Ether (he gave her and the other artists spacesuits so they could survive the journey to the Xenochicklets' homeworld). Either way, a world w/o Rumy.
* A reality in which Will is a big Broadway star and working on being the next Captain on a Tec show.
* A reality in which Kath and Shanna missed being reunited and are still estranged.
* A reality in which Alisin never caught Worthington's Syndrome, and so never went Goth.
* A reality in which Stu actually is intelligent and he and Guth are partners in a Silicon Valley techno-empire. (Tim Mitts may be one of their cubicle geeks.)
* A reality in which Jackie is an Irish sympathizer and an Angry Young Womyn.
* The Pinkertonian Reality, in which the Skiffies and the Roomies are allied, all the boys have been on the Misery Journey, and demons and gods of passe religions pay them frequent visits.