Help me out? (not really comic related)

Postby Alex_AtM on Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:01 pm

hell all you creative people out there should be able to come up with a cool part time job that i should look for.
unfortunatly im not talanted enough creativly or artisticly to do a cool web comic. damn, looks like i need a real job hehe.

we are talking about one day a week or so. but the idea is i want to try and look for somthing that will be fun. like working in a pet store ect. any suggestions as to what i should look for?

oh and on principal I refuse to be a mac slave. (not that it would be fun)
Alex_AtM
Regular Poster

Postby Mia47 on Fri Apr 12, 2002 12:15 am

i'm guessing you want a paying job, huh. what do you feel like you could handle? what are your strengths, and what can you absolutely not tolerate? that should give us a better idea.

personally, i like the idea of doing worthwhile things. like working in a rec center or something. hell, if i could get paid, i'd constantly be in an animal shelter or teaching kids (distinctly different things... usually).
"what's the word for when you used to love somebody and now you don't anymore but every time you look at them you remember sort of that you used to love them?" ~Delirium
Mia47
Regular Poster

Postby Alex_AtM on Fri Apr 12, 2002 10:10 pm

im much the same like that, i have done volenteer work for a while now but it dosent get me the beer money i so desberatly need. However i still can't bear the thought of doing somthing not worthwile. Thats why im finding this very difficult.
Alex_AtM
Regular Poster

Postby Mia47 on Mon Apr 15, 2002 9:48 pm

ooh. yeah, i can understand the conflict. i've been a waitress for so long because it's easy money, but i've always longed for a more... proactive job. but i can't get one because i have little experience and my grades suck. meh.
"what's the word for when you used to love somebody and now you don't anymore but every time you look at them you remember sort of that you used to love them?" ~Delirium
Mia47
Regular Poster

Return to Xenith