today's (4-10-02) comic, and it's scientific impications

Postby Stepz on Wed Apr 10, 2002 11:07 am

In today's comic, it states that Greg is trying to clone Washu, but is having difficultys for his lack of DNA (which i'd say in full, but i'd blow up your mind)

The comic is correct in that you coud not create an EXACT clone of her, but one with a similar genitic structure would be possible albet difficult.

First you would need a copy of what has been done on the the Human Genome project (a completed verson would be very helpful, but that'd take a trip with RealLife's time machine). You'd isolate the single chromosone for the hair color and change it to red, then the brain power would require to be uped highly. This would be simple with a weak laser and some spare molocules, what you would do is use the laser to properly vibrate the seperate particels in the the proper areas, I forget precisly what they are, but they are quite simple compounds. This would be possible, because light is a wave, and a small one at that (600 NANOmeter amplitude) so it woudn't affect the partiles too much and it being a laser makes it much more precise and lacks in refraction and defraction.

After "modifying" the egg and sperm cells you would need to introduce one to the other in a false womb, and it would grow into a baby Washu. Now you could speed-grow it into a fully-grown one, and transfer the electric pulses of memory and knoledge into her to make her just as the real one.

This process is quite difficult, and requires some processes that I'm sure the CrazyCStudioverse could muster up.

O, and Nice lab coat.
Stepz

Postby Carl Sjostrand on Wed Apr 10, 2002 2:54 pm

I think the point is that he can't make a clone because she's a cartoon and getting DNA from a cartoon character is quite difficult. I'm sure there's something in my lab that could do it but I'm too busy admiring the lab coat to help Greg.
Editing my profile and signature after so long... and little has changed. I need a life.
Carl Sjostrand
Regular Poster

Postby Stepz on Wed Apr 10, 2002 3:19 pm

I suppose you do have a point there, but the post above was on creating the required DNA.

And that is a nice lab coat.

-Stepz (who needs more equipment and a cooler lab coat)
Stepz

Postby Carl Sjostrand on Wed Apr 10, 2002 7:05 pm

Yep, one mighty fine lab coat. ::Admires lab coat some more::
Editing my profile and signature after so long... and little has changed. I need a life.
Carl Sjostrand
Regular Poster

Postby Stepz on Thu Apr 11, 2002 10:41 am

If that coat looks half as cool in real life as it does in the comic, then It must look twice as good in the comic.

But it'd still kick arse.

Probably looks better, because it's pretty darn hard to draw lab coats (at least, from my experince)
Stepz

Postby Carl Sjostrand on Fri Apr 12, 2002 8:11 pm

I must buy a lab coat. I wonder where I can find one...
Carl Sjostrand
Regular Poster

Return to Crazy C Studios