RE : Guides and the smears they leave

Postby Ghesta Icepaw on Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:18 am

Actually, and please correct me if im wrong, but very rarely, if ever, do guides have an "Invulnerable" tag set to them.

They are however flagged as non-kos to all mobs. Just a little heads up.

Ghesta Icepaw
Heroes Officer
Luclin Server

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ghesta Icepaw on 2002-03-05 10:18 ]</font>
Ghesta Icepaw

Postby Hugh_Betcha on Tue Mar 05, 2002 10:48 am

Full guides can set themselves to be invulnerable at will. They often do not because of the perfect faction you mentioned.

Apprentice Guides cannot set themselves invulnerable, and I don't think they have perfect faction, either. They're restricted from going into zones that a PC of their same level would not ordinarily be allowed to go.
Hugh_Betcha
Regular Poster

Postby Takara on Tue Mar 05, 2002 11:48 am

No, all Guides even apprentices are non-kos to ALL Mobs everywhere. As an apprentice you aren't supposed to go into dungeons at all. You are to walk the lands, answering petitions and helping players. But there are some zones you aren't supposed to go into at -all-.

Every Full Guide is given tools, one being an item you can click to be invulnerable. It comes in handy sometimes, say when jumping from the spires, or top of Kelethin *grins* But it's not needed most of the time.

It's also against the rules to engage in combat with any monster.

Guides have to work pretty hard to get killed. It's fun trying, though! I think the comic is hilarious. *grins*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Takara on 2002-03-05 12:49 ]</font>
Takara
Regular Poster

Postby Tynkah Toyz on Tue Mar 05, 2002 4:23 pm

hahahaah!

This reminds me of the time Lord British forgot to set his invulnerability tag and was killed when making a speech...

I almost died laughing on that date... (and no I never played UO, I was a Guide on another game at the time which was probably one of the reasons why I found it so hilarious.)
Tynkah Toyz

Postby Woody_Hearn on Tue Mar 05, 2002 5:38 pm

**laughs**
Woody Hearn - cartoonist
gucomics.keenspace.com
GU Comics
Woody_Hearn
Regular Poster

Postby Bajah on Wed Mar 06, 2002 11:38 am

d00d, u peekayd Lord British? u r l337!

Okay, shoot me now. Please hurry, while that comment is still fresh in my mind. :wink:
Bajah

Postby Aloura on Thu Mar 07, 2002 3:08 am

Funny thing about the invuln tag. If anyone is interested in hearing how it got started. If not stop reading here.

There once was a GM on rallos zek. He ended up becoming kind of a challange. There was a certain druid who would hunt him down, and attack him wherever he could find him. This went on for months and monts. The druid stoped adventuring, and made his life attacking this guide. After a while it became a sport. The GM had told to many people that he would not ban them for attacking him, and The GM asailents multiplied. He began to spend more time dead than helping people with problems. There was even a rumor that someone looted a GM item, refused to give it back and was consequently baned. Supposedly shortly thereafter GM items were made no drop.

Its really of no use on a PvM server, but on one that PvP is a way of life it lets the gm laugh at people rather than resort to drastic measures.
Aloura

Postby Bodhidharma on Thu Mar 07, 2002 9:33 am

Actually all the Guide items have a "radioactive" tag on them.. you can't see it, but supposedly if a non-guide flagged person picks it up, it would insta-kill them. So the story of a PC picking up an item and refusing to give it back seems unlikely.

edit: Also, yes guides are all non-KOS to every mob. However AE spells from mobs will still hit them, thus adding them to the monsters hate list. So the mob can then turn on them and attack them. Guides really can't defend themselves. Those flashy swords you see them wielding? Heck you'd be better off with a rusty sword. Only thing they could do is /kill, and if you do that on a level 50+ mob you can get into some big trouble. If a particular Guide or GM came under fire, he should have zoned out or used the invulnerable ring, which only lasts for like 30 seconds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Bodhidharma on 2002-03-07 09:46 ]</font>
Bodhidharma

Return to GU Comics