Tron DVD

Postby Raincoatjones on Sun Feb 24, 2002 9:28 pm

So I got this thing last week. I've never been a HUGE fan of Tron or anything. I've always thought of it as a kick-ass movie, but I'm not part of the Tron community or anything.
Or at least, I wasn't.
I tell ya', this damn DVD is consuming my entire life. The movie came out when I was, what, one year old? It wasn't until I got the DVD and saw the documentary on the making of the film that I gained some kind of perspective on how groundbreaking it was.
I'm not in love with it or anything. It has some truly corny and contrived dialogue in it, but you've got to give it credit for balls for introducing an entire world and a set of characters with as little exposition as possible. I think that's one of the reasons it still seems so fresh. The movie makes you work a little in trying to figure out what's going on.
Aside from that, I found out that the producers of Tron also produced the <a href=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000009RXS/qid=1014614564/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_67_1/102-0149798-9535367>Animalympics</a>, a truly charming and often brilliant animated movie that is also one of my cherished childhood memories. Comparing them both now, it's really obvious, and not just for the backlit effects in both of them.
But still, I'm spending unhealthy amounts of time watching it. I want to write Tron fanfiction, draw pictures of Tron characters, eat a big bowl of Tron breakfast cereal and then whip some ass with my laser frisbie(if anyone knows where I can get a working laser frisbee, complete with the ability to store my entire memory on it, send an e-mail to naughtylabs@yahoo.com).
I'm starting to develop a crush on Yori too. The way she runs around in the video game world, her fat little ass bouncing all over the place... rowr. BTW, if she happened to be your first crush or something, I'd advise you to NOT watch the making of documentary. Let's just say that she wouldn't look good in that little outfit anymore.
Now me on the other hand, I'd look great in a Tron suit, like Brad Nowell got sucked into a computer. I don't think I'd last very long either, as a video game warrior. I wouldn't even make it as far as the Lightcycles, I'd get killed playing Minesweeper or Solitaire or something.
Anyway, Tron is a kickass movie, and the DVD is loaded with extras. From Mobius storyboards and concept art to all the technical shit you'd ever wanna know about.
Oh yeah, go check this out too:

http://www.tronkillerapp.com

End of line
A mobius strip of mediocrity:
NaughtyLabs
Raincoatjones
Regular Poster

Return to Naughty Labs