zoinks

Postby Yupyop on Wed Jun 27, 2001 6:58 am

Jeff, you might want to visit <A HREF="http://www.voicesinmyhand.com" TARGET=_blank>www.voicesinmyhand.com</A>
There is news there about a magazine looking for web comics to feature. Also check his archive for his panel comic "Voices In My Hand" while you are.
Yupyop
Regular Poster

Postby Wimpystuntmen on Wed Jun 27, 2001 8:48 am

Thanks for that Mike. I couldn't get in to see his panel archives - apparently they're coming soon but I am eager to see them.<P>As to whether he'd be interested in my stuff; you'd probably know better than me how Elephant Tale stacks up against the other webcomics out there. Is it really worth my while contacting him? Obviously what can it hurt?
Wimpystuntmen
Regular Poster

Postby Yupyop on Thu Jun 28, 2001 5:31 am

Yes, I think you should check it out. Since I doubt there is any pay involved, I wouldn't do more than submit the best stuff you don't think newspapers would buy.
Yupyop
Regular Poster

Postby Throbbin Johnny on Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:27 am

Nothing to lose, wimpy! Submit some panels, and see what happens. Johnny is considering it, too...<P>"Throbbin' for the peeps, with the peeps"
Throbbin Johnny
Regular Poster

Postby Yupyop on Thu Jun 28, 2001 6:58 am

Guys, Charbonneau has asked readers to suggest comics they want to see in print. If either or both of you want to go for this let me know and I'll post over there my desire to see your work in print. Of course this will mean I'll have to overcome my shyness around forums.
Yupyop
Regular Poster

Postby Wimpystuntmen on Thu Jun 28, 2001 8:27 am

Yeah why not, I'm game. Let's face it, most of my collection (including those I haven't drawn yet) are probably not suitable for traditional newspaper print. Thanks.
Wimpystuntmen
Regular Poster

Postby Wimpystuntmen on Tue Jul 10, 2001 5:21 am

Well to this point I've heard nothing from Zoinks! That's a bad sign methinks. I suppose I'll just keep waiting a bit longer but I was hoping I'd hear sooner from a web based community than I usually do from a syndicate.<P>On that point, King Features should have had my new breed submission for 2 weeks now. I haven't heard but then maybe I'm jumping the gun, or the letters in the mail making the long haul to Australia. I had a look at the last month of new breeds and whilst there were a few I really liked there were more that I didn't. Maybe what I think is funny is out of whack and not funny at all. If I don't get a couple accepted I'll be really p***ed coz from my point of view I sent in some winners. <P>Had a frustrating couple days actually with life generally. It'd be nice to have some good news on the cartooning front for a change for a boost.<P>Okay, I'm over it now. Just had to get that out of my system. Running low on my drawing stockpile for the site. Tomorrows going to have to be a drawing day.
Wimpystuntmen
Regular Poster

Postby Yupyop on Wed Jul 11, 2001 6:07 am

Should "Zoinks" pass you by I would take it as a reject of the web site not of the comic. "Zoinks" hopes to promote web comics so a fancy site would help. But considering the improvements being made here and the fact your goals are not as a web comic I wouldn't worry about "Zoinks".
Why are you thinking about what you sent King? You can think too much. Leave the second guessing and nit picking to us. You should worry only about making tomorrow's gag better. I continue to enjoy watching you develop as a cartoonist. And I wouldn't be here if I didn't think you'll make it.
Yupyop
Regular Poster

Postby Wimpystuntmen on Wed Jul 11, 2001 8:44 am

yeah thanks for that. I don't know what's happened to the Wednesday panel though, unless its my browser playing up and it's only me that can't see it.<P>The New Breed stuff, I'm thinking more in monetary terms - I could do with a little bit of spare cash as the next months a killer for bills. My motivation levels are however linked somewhat to having some success - it just depends I suppose on how I preceive success.<P>And if I hear from them soon it'll help me with the content I display on this site. At the moment I've got alot written and am only drawing but keeping up 3 times a week is still tricky. Any that don't get accepted I'll put up here straight away and that will take a little pressure off.<P>And I really should start drawing that clown strip ......
Wimpystuntmen
Regular Poster

Postby Yupyop on Thu Jul 12, 2001 5:38 am

You were not alone, Monday's strip hung around an extra day. I had thought it was due to all that remodeling work going on around here.
Yupyop
Regular Poster

Return to Elephant Tales