Big Apple Anime Fest

Jammer
Regular Poster

Post by Jammer »

I wish I could go to a real anime convention. I went to a small one in my state. There were about..five booths. The only excitement was cosplaying. My friend and I cosplayed as Jessie and James of Team Rocket. Damn, I've never worn such a short skirt. xX

Dark Master
Regular Poster

Post by Dark Master »

There are only two things I don't like about anime conventions.<P>1. Ugly/fat people wearing tight clothes.
2. The "group effect" in the anime screening rooms. You know where everyone laughs at the tinest things....like a snail going up a post gets people rolling in the aisles.

Republican Liberal

Post by Republican Liberal »

>Ugly/fat people wearing tight clothes.<P>I have to agree with that. I have no problem with overweight people, but if youre considerably obsese, you have no business in a Sailor Scout outfit.

Magic Emperor Dave
Regular Poster

Post by Magic Emperor Dave »

Yes, funny you should mention the people that laugh at unfunny things. During the premier of the Utena movie, people were laughing at the stupidest stuff, such as...<P>*POTENTIAL SPOILER?*<P>Akio falling out of the window to his death.<P>Ikuhara-san, the director, was standing in the back with Josh and I. I think he wanted to take a flame-thrower to the entire room, but he probably left it in his other cape.

JoshGuy
Regular Poster

Post by JoshGuy »

And if the director didn't want to burn the audiece to a crisp, I would've.<P>Man, those people next to us were the rudest, most obnoxious bitches ever...<P>EVER!<P>For god's sake, the people who worked on it were in the damn room, and you're laughing when they are trying their best (both good and bad)! God, what insensative schmucks.<P>I told them to shut the hell up many times. Dave politely moves out of their way... I see a problem in this.

Jammer
Regular Poster

Post by Jammer »

*remembers a guy dressed as Cardcaptor Sakura* xX<P>What annoys me is when almost half the audience has to sing along to whatever themes/songs they here. Usually including the people who can't sing worth beans. -__- (I like to sing along, but not in a crowd)

Dark Master
Regular Poster

Post by Dark Master »

Republican Liberal
There is only one thing worse than fat women in dressed as Sailor Scouts......guys (either fat or not) dressed as any female character.
A friend of mine was constantly going on about this one cosplayer he saw, so when the rest of us saw the cosplayer, we had to draw lots to see who gets to him he is gay.<P>Magic Emperor Dave
It is terrible they actually ruin the whole experience. We had sat in on maybe 3 shows and refused to go back into see another one cuz they pissed us off. Doesn't help that I actually told them all to shut the hell up in the 3rd one.

Dark Master
Regular Poster

Post by Dark Master »

They should tell people that if they make excessive noise that they will be forced to leave the screening room. Just have one guy in there making sure no one is making an ass out of themselves.<P>There was actually a guy dressed as Rei at the Canadian Nation Anime Expo. It is frightening that they get away with destroying the characters in this way.

Patrick the Thief

Post by Patrick the Thief »

So tell me, are ALL anime cons like this?

Patrick the Thief

Post by Patrick the Thief »

Well, atleast I could get cool stuff if I went. Especially that Misato cross necklace. Ooh, pretty.

Dark Master
Regular Poster

Post by Dark Master »

PtT
Provided a cosplayer doesn't beat you to it.

Magic Emperor Dave
Regular Poster

Yes, each and every one of them.

Jammer
Regular Poster

Post by Jammer »

I like some cosplayers. Especially the Trigun ones I met! After the con they gave me the giant cardboard cross that they made! HEHEHE!! *has a major obsession with Wolfwood* But the best was when I got pics of the Trigun people aiming a gun at my friend's Pikachu! No mercy! >D

Magic Emperor Dave
Regular Poster

The Misato cosplayer at THIS con didn't beat ME to it! ^^

HarryMacDougal
Regular Poster

Post by HarryMacDougal »

the reason most cosplayers stink is because all they do is anime and thus no sun shine, social life, or people skills. Most sensible people don't cosplay because they don't have the skills to or don't feel like it. Not to say some sensible people do cosplay... those are the ones who do it for fun mostly and don't argue about the happenings in episode 67.<P>------------------
"I'm not even supposed to be here <I><B>today!</B></I>" -<I> Dante</I><p>[This message has been edited by HarryMacDougal (edited 11-19-2001).]

JoshGuy
Regular Poster

Post by JoshGuy »

Dark Master
Regular Poster

Post by Dark Master »

I don't like the face, but hey thats just me

JoshGuy
Regular Poster

Post by JoshGuy »

You're picky! That's your problem.<P>Maybe you're afraid of females, so you try and find something wrong with them before they can hurt you!<P>...
I don't know what that means, shush!

Dark Master
Regular Poster

Post by Dark Master »

I have never seen a good looking cosplayer.<P>Every single one that I've seen has made me want to wretch.

Nastyass

Post by Nastyass »

OOoooh, females can be scary! But no reason not to try to be friends. Don't be a shallow Hal.