Hello, I'm new~

For discussions, announcements, non-technical questions and anything else comics-related or otherwise that doesn't fit in any of the other categories.

Hello, I'm new~

Postby RikuInfinity on Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:09 pm

I'm tired, so apologize for the cliche title.

My name is Riku! I am an author currently working on the webcomic, Infinity. I've been working on Infinity for over 2 years now, but because I lack artistic talent, only concept art (from various artists, most of whom were potential partners for the project) has been developed. Recently, however, a close friend of mine expressed her interest in being my artist (this made me incredibly happy, since she was my #1 choice from the very start, and all of the artists I had been looking at had similar styles to hers). So now that I have an artist who I believe will be around for, at least, most of the comic, if not all of it, I'm looking to make connections in the world of webcomics and such.

Something I have been looking to find out, actually, is if inactive urls can be transferred to another person. I know that some sites do it, but I couldn't find anything about it in the FAQ.

But yeah, thank you for any advice you might have for me!
RikuInfinity

Re: Hello, I'm new~

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:29 pm

Hi Riku! I forget the policy here on abandoned sites... usually the way it would work is if someone had abandoned their site AND deleted all the content, eventually the admins would clear those domains up so that people could re-use them. I don't think that works for comics that actively have content though :(
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Postby RikuInfinity on Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:10 am

Infinity.comicgenesis.com

Would this count as active content though? It was back in 2003.
RikuInfinity

Postby VeryCuddlyCornpone on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:05 am

As far as I'm aware, it doesn't matter how recent the content is.

Years ago when the site was a lot more active, the admins would periodically go through and check for domains that were taken, but had remained unused for a few months or something like that. They would delete those sites to free up the domains.

If there were any pages or anything at all done to the site, then they wouldn't delete it out from underneath the user.

What you could do is try to find contact info for the person who ran the site (though it being 11 years ago, it's unlikely the contact info is current or useful). in theory they could then remove their content and then the admins could remove their site and then you could claim it.

I'd recommend just changing the name of the site, though, if that's the only thing that's clashing. Like "infinitycomic.comigenesis.com" or if that's too repetitive sounding add a different word after "comic."
Don't kid yourself, friend. I still know how.
"I'd much rather dream about my co-written Meth Beatdown script tonight." -JSConner800000000
VeryCuddlyCornpone
Cartoon Hero

Return to General Discussion